Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Command to hide the visual effect of Afterglow Weapons

I know this may sound crazy, but I really dislike the glowing effect of Afterglow weapons.
    If you don't want the glowing effect you have two solutions:

1) Use /lockstyle to change the appearance of the weapon model
    2) Avoid to afterglow the weapon

First solution is unsatisfactory because I really like the model of the weapons and consider them as precious trophies of my adventures in Vana'diel.
    Second solution is also unsatisfactory because it would mean a big loss in terms of performance.

So I'm wondering if SE could consider a text command or an option to hide the glowing effect?
    It could work in two different ways. One to hide the effect you show to others (affects how others see your character as well) and one to hide all afterglow effects in general (would only affect you on your local client, and not other players).
    Both solutions are satisfactory to me, altough having both would obviously be ideal.

Thanks for your time in considering what may seem as a silly request to most people.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you don't like glowy weapons, then don't get a glowy weapon. That's my opinion. Is there any content that is unbeatable without an afterglow'd RME?

You can always make another one and only take it as far as it takes to get the model and lockstyle it so you have the same model.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you don't like glowy weapons, then don't get a glowy weapon. That's my opinion. Is there any content that is unbeatable without an afterglow'd RME?

You can always make another one and only take it as far as it takes to get the model and lockstyle it so you have the same model.

There's no point to aim for worse gear if you can get better gears. That being said, considering you CAN turn off glowy effect by lockstyle a different weapon it's kinda a waste of dev resource to add a function to turn it off IMO. It's not like you're forced to glow.

Alternatively you can lock style a none AG weapon then .dat change(cough*) your weapon model.
    (0)

Player
    Players may have to throw their previous weapons in order to do that.

Would be cool if they remove the RARE tag from them, though. (I.E. Ninja RMEs)

Highly doubt they will ever do that, sadly. Even if its only for the looks.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    There's no point to aim for worse gear if you can get better gears. That being said, considering you CAN turn off glowy effect by lockstyle a different weapon it's kinda a waste of dev resource to add a function to turn it off IMO. It's not like you're forced to glow.

Alternatively you can lock style a none AG weapon then .dat change(cough*) your weapon model.

Because it's better to waste time on Master Trials NO ONE wants.

It's also ludicrous rather than adding a toggle which would be aided already since two versions exist of the same weapon one with the glow and one without the glow, that the suggestions instead be "Don't upgrade to a better version", "lockstyle a different weapon" or even "make another one (which isn't possible)"

If they want ease then the best suggestion would be a level 1 weapon with the look of the RMEA weapon, but since the idea is their unique look I doubt that'd happen.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 10-11-2016 at 08:26 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    "make another one (which isn't possible)"
    Is it not? relic weapons don't entail the completion of any quests, nor do empyreans, so I would think you could make another if you gathered up the items / did the trials again, they just wouldn't be able to be on the same stage due to the rare flag.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Is it not? relic weapons don't entail the completion of any quests, nor do empyreans, so I would think you could make another if you gathered up the items / did the trials again, they just wouldn't be able to be on the same stage due to the rare flag.
    I'm pretty sure the rare tag blocks obtaining the same weapon, regardless the level.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rare tag blocks obtaining the same weapon, regardless the level.
    Yup you can't, tried to make another Nin empy katana and moogle asks me to throw my previous one...

Sc**w that. :3
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Because it's better to waste time on Master Trials NO ONE wants.

It's also ludicrous rather than adding a toggle which would be aided already since two versions exist of the same weapon one with the glow and one without the glow, that the suggestions instead be "Don't upgrade to a better version", "lockstyle a different weapon" or even "make another one (which isn't possible)"

If they want ease then the best suggestion would be a level 1 weapon with the look of the RMEA weapon, but since the idea is their unique look I doubt that'd happen.
    Actually, plenty of people still do master trials. I run into JPs wearing glowing weapon all the time.

I'm not saying master trials is the best content ever exist on the planet, but I don't think glowing or lockstyle a different weapon affects actual gameplay as much, but pretty sure people still do master trials quite a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Actually, plenty of people still do master trials. I run into JPs wearing glowing weapon all the time.

I'm not saying master trials is the best content ever exist on the planet, but I don't think glowing or lockstyle a different weapon affects actual gameplay as much, but pretty sure people still do master trials quite a bit.
    I didn't mean no one does it, only that given the choice you'd struggle to get anyone to say "Yeah, I like Master Trials and want the limited Dev time spent on them."
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast