Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Player Numquam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137
    Character
    Paschalis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

    SE you dropped the ball with the Ark Angels Trusts!

    You guys should have sold them as DLC for 5 bucks each. People would have bought them anyways and helped out FFXI be a bit more profitable.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player Diavolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    321
    I've got a few bridges for sale...
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    814
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    ..and helped out FFXI be a bit more profitable.
    It wouldn't go back in to FFXI...
    (2)

  4. #4
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,557
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It wouldn't go back in to FFXI...
    I think you missed the "more profitable" part.

    Only a fool would expect every dollar earned by one product to directly back into that product. Technically if that was happening then it wouldn't actually be profitable in the first place.

    You can fight over the percentages if you want but it really grinds my gears whenever someone brings this up. SE is a business. That business is free to spend its dollars how ever it chooses. You think every dollar earned by FFXIV or DQX goes straight back into those games? No, it doesn't. It goes wherever they view the money as being needed (after lining the pockets of their investors). Do the dollars SE is getting from FFXV go back into FFXV? No, after paying off their costs, it goes into their next big project.

    That's just how business works. I don't know why ppl bother making cynical posts about it. If you object to how SE spends the dollars they rightfully earned, then speak with your wallet and cancel your sub. Otherwise, keep it and be happy we still have a game to play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-04-2016 at 08:18 AM.

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  5. #5
    Player BurnNotice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    237
    Character
    Teumessianfox
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    You guys should have sold them as DLC for 5 bucks each. People would have bought them anyways and helped out FFXI be a bit more profitable.
    They can do this and all proceeds will go anything but the expansion and upgrades of this game. So, if you are interested in putting more money in their pockets, feel free to cut them a check for the total amount of each trust you collected year-to-date.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,557
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    They can do this and all proceeds will go anything but the expansion and upgrades of this game. So, if you are interested in putting more money in their pockets, feel free to cut them a check for the total amount of each trust you collected year-to-date.
    Again, there's a problem with this why?

    Why is there this expectation that 100% of the proceeds given to play this game directly pays some programmer or project manager or whatever to make something explicitly for this game and not for any other purpose?

    When a company like SE makes projects and recieves money for them, it goes into one big pot that's appropriated to everything the company does. Why is this a problem? Every company under the sun operates this way. Again, if you don't like where you perceive your money to be going, then don't give it to them. But most of us probably enjoy the game enough to pony up.

    It would cost way more than we the combined playerbase give SE to play this game to do what most people want from it (e.g. give it a vast overhaul, new expansion, true remake, graphic upgrade, etc) even if every dollar went straight to it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-04-2016 at 09:38 AM.

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  7. #7
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It wouldn't go back in to FFXI...
    Maybe true. But what may be more important is for FFXI to be sufficiently profitable to SE to justify its existence. So yeah, whatever it takes.
    (1)

  8. #8
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,557
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Maybe true. But what may be more important is for FFXI to be sufficiently profitable to SE to justify its existence. So yeah, whatever it takes.
    This is the better way of looking at it. As long as it makes them any money at all (as in, turns a profit of any amount), they will keep it going. I imagine they will continue to anyway, lest it become the first FF game that can't be played.
    (0)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  9. #9
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    814
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I think you missed the "more profitable" part.

    Only a fool would expect every dollar earned by one product to directly back into that product. Technically if that was happening then it wouldn't actually be profitable in the first place.

    You can fight over the percentages if you want but it really grinds my gears whenever someone brings this up. SE is a business. That business is free to spend its dollars how ever it chooses. You think every dollar earned by FFXIV or DQX goes straight back into those games? No, it doesn't. It goes wherever they view the money as being needed (after lining the pockets of their investors). Do the dollars SE is getting from FFXV go back into FFXV? No, after paying off their costs, it goes into their next big project.

    That's just how business works. I don't know why ppl bother making cynical posts about it. If you object to how SE spends the dollars they rightfully earned, then speak with your wallet and cancel your sub. Otherwise, keep it and be happy we still have a game to play.
    FFXI isnt even advertised. It's either a current product or it isn't. If its current then it needs to be advertised, if its not, then its only going to go one way. So FFXI needs a cash injection, as a product.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    So funny how some of you are doing everything in your power to keep this game going. Let it go. When it's over it's over. Enjoy the time left and have fun. Life does happen believe it or not outside of XI. I know that sounds dumb to say, but a lot of the people I've met in the last few months before I left are so out there. Live and breath XI. Chill out.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jblauh; 10-05-2016 at 12:32 PM.