Player

Synergy Requests & Suggestions

It's been several months now since it was confirmed that there are plans for synergy updates of some form. Any chance we can get at least a few hints about what's incoming?

Some suggestions for system stuff:
    * Add a method to reset ability/skill points. I'd personally prefer something along the lines of a simple 10,000 cinder purchase for a full reset. Currently, it is poorly explained and there is no mention that there is no way to reset points. There is also nothing worth buying with cinder currently, so this would be something to spend it on.
    * Unhook menu display from animations. Some menu choices have zero menu display lag, others have high lag. Most of the high lag choices have animations associated with them, which I believe is what causes the increased delay in the next menu popping up. This should only affect the menu display and not usage of any abilities.
    * Adjust the "Feed fewell" menu so that it does not lookup/display remaining fewell. This is only needed if that extra data lookup is actually increasing menu display delay. It's nice to know during a synergy, but not needed if you pay attention, and you can always check your totals between synergys.
    * Increase the base HP for Synergy Furnace and/or reduce the HP decay rate. It would be nice if it was a steady/predicable 1% per tick instead of the seemingly random 1%-3% that I've seen.
    * Increase the skill cap to at least 100. All new non-cosmetic item recipes can (and should) be added to the 90-115+ range in order to support the higher skill cap.

Some ideas for recipes:

* Crafting Torques: Fotia style, exclude fishing. Maybe add "Material loss -1%" to make it slightly more than a mere space saver.
    * Synergy Cuffs: Fotia style, exclude fishing. Combined item unlocks all of the elemental affinity abilities while equipped.
    * Elemental "anything": Any equipment that have full elemental sets (ie: Abyssea sachets.) Even stuff like the old-school goldsmithing crafted rings/earrings could be fair game.

There's still plenty of room for additions and improvements for synergy. Looking forward to whatever's incoming and hope my suggestions above are at least considered.
    (0)

Player
    Sigh... we are now fast approaching the "One Year Since You Said Updates Are Coming" mark originally: Post from ComRep
    This info was confirmed again during the AMA a few months later, that "something" was in the works for synergy updates...

...So? >_> Can we get some further confirmation that this is still being worked on, a generalized time-window for planned implementation (March? Summer? 2020?), and what the changes planned are? I'd say that we synergists have been pretty patient considering, so can we please get a new progress update?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think it's safe to say it was put in the never gonna happen pile now.
    (0)

Player
    After getting two confirmations it doesn't seem likely that it's "never" going to happen, but I do understand that it is likely considered to be a lower priority system to update. They never gave any info on when they were planning on implementation, or what they were planning on changing. For all we know, it was planned from the beginning to be implemented the next year. :/
    Definitely won't hurt anything to get confirmation again that something is still planned, and would be nice (though unexpected) if they could give us an idea about what is on the way.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    New recipe suggestions since I feel like bumping this again:

* Crafting aprons - Fotia style, "All craft skills +1" and "success +1%".
    * Crafting smocks - Same as aprons, but also unlocks all associated synergy abilities.
    * WKR capes - "Attr +8, elemental resist +20, Occ. absorb magic damage".. not sure how to deal with the combat stats.. maybe a unique keyword that represents all of them? (Similar to baseline BRD relic body/legs.)
    * Abyssea "Hachimaki" - Bump up the defense, "elemental resist +10, Conserve TP +7~10, accuracy +20, combat skills +7"
    * RSE - one each of the lv1 and lv30 RSE pieces, plus something else not overly difficult to obtain > ilv117~119.. bland/generic stats, but would be a decent space saver to have a universal "All Jobs" ilvl set. Would have to be at least competitive with sparks gear, and equal at best with Alluvion Skirmish gear with lower end augments. Would also be fun to see everyone running around in "starter gear" again. XD
    (0)