Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Can't Do Content Due To Lack Of Players.

I have been asking for a server merge for about five years, butI now feel like it's needed more than ever.

While other servers like Asura, Odin and Bahamut enjoy 500-1500 players online at any given time, how much does Cerberus have? 100-300.

Nowadays whenever I'm online (GMT and EST primetimes, I live in England but have to play late in to the night), we will have an average of 200 players online, and at least half are mules. Is this expected? Is this acceptable to everyone?

Are we expected to pay real money to get a server transfer away from the servers we grew up on? Is this the only reason? To milk money off those who want to play this game with other players? I've known several Cerberus endgame linkshells who transferred to Asura or Odin just so they had players to do things with.

What about other servers? I've heard similar things from players on other servers. Are we expected to do content with so few players to choose from? Even if anyone is capable, it doesn't mean a) they have the time to do the content b) want to do the content, or c) haven't already done the content to death and don't need it.

Surely I can't be the only one thinking this? C'mon now .. it's getting ridiculous. I log in to Cerberus and see the same people standing in the same places they were a week ago.

At this point doing the content isn't the hard part. Getting people together to do the content is. Can someone from SE address this please? Otherwise I may to cancel my Content ID for a while til they fix smaller servers so we don't have to spend hours, sometimes days trying to get something together.

Please upvote this post if you agree. SE only cares to take notice of posts with lots of upvotes. Sad, but true.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kylos; 09-26-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Carbuncle has most players online from midnight Pst/Pdt to 10am, rough about 600-900. But daytime Pst is dead maybe 300 online and 2/3mules or 2nd account. Then the only players getting stuff done is French red shell, yellow vm shell, .. So sad if your not in shell. Nothing to do with ungeared new/returning players. Did cp party but can't take some one with low acc. Had to drop and shout for 2 hours. Get more solo cp. can't do new Aeonic weapon solo with trust... Need more player at the same end game level. New choices for servers... Location or end game or Aby days.... More ideas?
    (0)
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I wish they would merge the under populated servers together. There's no need for 16 servers at this point, 14 or 12 would do just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Tell me about it, almost no one on Phoenix does Vagary anymore, not even when the campaign was up, so I'm unable to +1 my armour.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hi,

I live in England too, and I totally understand where you are coming from.

I am lucky to be able to play during the day sometimes, and have a lot of friends from Asia that I do stuff with. During the day (GMT) on my server there is around 900 or so people on, mostly Japanese.
    However, hit UK prime time (6-11PM) the numbers drop to 270-320. This includes the whole host of mules and multi box players (some having 5+ chars). After speaking to some players in the US, its pretty much the same during their prime time too.

I was trying to think back to the last server mergers, and what the numbers were around then!?

Personally I think the servers should be doubled down. 16 - 8. However, this would not be practical due to limitations on (a) Ambuscade and (b) CP camp locations being flooded. Remember that people only play in a very
    small amount of zones now, unlike the old days when people were scattered all over many different zones at different levels.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 09-27-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Vagary campaign is something that should be up almost all the time. Yes, the synthesis materials are needed for the craftable accessories from the last couple updates but clearly people need a little more push to increase the supply.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Personally I think the servers should be doubled down. 16 - 8. However, this would not be practical due to limitations on (a) Ambuscade and (b) CP camp locations being flooded. Remember that people only play in a very
    small amount of zones now, unlike the old days when people were scattered all over many different zones at different levels.
    What you're describing is very practical. The limitations you're describing are already handled fairly well on Asura when the population hits 1,500 online accounts. It's unfortunate, but so much value was placed on Ambuscade and its rewards that it's limitations have become the #1 reason against larger servers.
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    It's unfortunate, but so much value was placed on Ambuscade and its rewards that it's limitations have become the #1 reason against larger servers.
    Only reason so much value is placed on it is because it's the only "new" content we've been getting that a majority of the player base can participate in.
    (2)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Can't find anyone to CP with in Reisenjima so I can get my Scholar up. Feel like unsubscribing from this game for a while ... Cerberus is dead. Anyone who says otherwise has a small group of friends (or multi boxes) who are always on for them.

Tired of yelling for people and getting no responses. Server is dead. How can SE not see this? Sigh. It makes me sad and frustrated.
    (1)

Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    New server.. Top 100 ranked players plus ls and friends... Free swap .... Ideas

With one page of yells from 7am to 7pm,,, that's sad. Need More players for events. If we had events that needed 18 I don't think any server would have that unless you have active ls...
    (0)
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR