Thread: "Instead"

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

"Instead"

So, I wanna make this quick and to the point for QOL purposes.

I understand the concept of "free is free" complaints etc.

Instead of giving me 30 #Abj keys that give me junk, how about just give me ONE choice. That'd be a drastic improvement.

Instead of 5(?) dark matter augments that all give junk, instead how about one CHOICE?

A ton of other examples. I'll always take 1 100% certainty over a shitload of 1% chances.
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That would be like saying "I don't want to play the Lottery thousands of times for a minuscule chance of winning millions of dollars. How about just giving me a thousand dollars?"

It's not meant to be safety net to catch players falling behind. It's meant to be like playing the lottery. Dark Matter maybe because, other wise, it's a difficult item to obtain by normal means. But then it shouldn't be a Login Campaign bonus.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish, yadda, yadda...

The drastic improvement doesn't come in converting 20 freebies for 1, it comes in motivating players to actually earn the abjurations they want. I've got a few master jobs that can help you kill any of those abjuration NMs, so if you see me in game just send me a tell and I'll help you out.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's a straight slap in the face to even be given a level 75 abj.

I'd rather get nothing, its just wasted time to trade and drop.

out of all 200 ish abj that are possible now, a grand total of maybe 3 are worthwhile. (and don't argue. hands feet legs and heads are all soloable.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 09-23-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    It's a straight slap in the face to even be given a level 75 abj.

I'd rather get nothing, its just wasted time to trade and drop.

out of all 200 ish abj that are possible now, a grand total of maybe 3 are worthwhile. (and don't argue. hands feet legs and heads are all soloable.)
    Casual players returning to the game after a long absence or those starting from scratch would disagree. I could be wrong, but I imagine these campaigns are designed with them in mind.

I personally detest these campaigns and wish they never threw them at us to begin with, except for the free login campaign and half priced server transfer fees (which I wish was permanent as SE needs to update their service/expansions pricing). Just too much free stuff thrown at us over the course of a year that has the undesirable effect of decreasing interest in a great deal of content (i.e. "Waste of time to CP now, I'll do it next campaign"). In the case of Voidwatch, Wildskeeper Reives, Delve and Vagary the campaigns act as temporary bandages and the dev team should instead be looking at ways to update the content so it's more inviting/rewarding 365 days a year.
    (1)

Player
    I actually like getting the original sky abjs since I can use some of em for oddball synergy augs. ^^;; I would have absolutely no objection to having the Legion abjs removed from the pool at least tho >.>

The only change that I would love would be having your drop re-rolled if you already have it instead of the random goblin related trash >_<;;
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I actually like getting the original sky abjs since I can use some of em for oddball synergy augs. ^^;; I would have absolutely no objection to having the Legion abjs removed from the pool at least tho >.>

The only change that I would love would be having your drop re-rolled if you already have it instead of the random goblin related trash >_<;;
    Then people could "fix" the ones they want.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That's kinda the point. It's supposed to be a gift, but you gimme 30 pairs of socks, I'm not inviting you to a 31st Christmas...

Like seriously. If you could at least trade 10:1 or SOMETHING. Legion Abjs and 75 Abjs are 100% useless. They aren't even good for lockstyle pieces. 2 Pieces you could even pretend to argue for Dalmaticas Instant Cast Aug, And Efeet's Call Beast.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    That's kinda the point. It's supposed to be a gift, but you gimme 30 pairs of socks, I'm not inviting you to a 31st Christmas...

Like seriously. If you could at least trade 10:1 or SOMETHING. Legion Abjs and 75 Abjs are 100% useless. They aren't even good for lockstyle pieces. 2 Pieces you could even pretend to argue for Dalmaticas Instant Cast Aug, And Efeet's Call Beast.
    The key is the gift, and the key is basically a lottery ticket (as it is with all Keys), While I would take advantage of it if they made the change I can see why they won't.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 09-27-2016 at 12:52 AM.