The RAE +2 and beyond?

I thought I recalled there being a thread of sorts talking about the possibilities of expanding our Relics, Artifacts, Emperean Armors more. As much as I love a lot of the armor options, many of the cross class armor sets lack the focus that some jobs could use. And its very obvious that not all 119 armors are equal as the trend seems to rise to just rapidly replace.

I'd like to see an expansion of sorts to these pieces.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 09-22-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Some of the i119s are in just such a whole nother class that they really should indicate a higher ilvl- especially since they have more of all the things that are used to emulate being a higher level.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ilevels are such a messed up system anyway that changing ilevels between current 119 gear would only cause some gear that is barely hanging on for niche reasons (AF armor, Skirmish Armor, SR gear) to be completely disregarded for being inferior. People will again become anal about "ilevel 121 only" or "come back when you have better gear" more than they are already. At least if you're 119, that's one less thing for people to nitpick over.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    Ilevels are such a messed up system anyway that changing ilevels between current 119 gear would only cause some gear that is barely hanging on for niche reasons (AF armor, Skirmish Armor, SR gear) to be completely disregarded for being inferior. People will again become anal about "ilevel 121 only" or "come back when you have better gear" more than they are already. At least if you're 119, that's one less thing for people to nitpick over.
    It's just a number- it's not like people can't say that already, it's just not as simple as saying you're not high enough. At least if the ilvl value actually reflected the relative power, you wouldn't have to stare at someone for a few minutes to decide if they are up to snuff. Of course, you could argue it's ill befitting FFXI's system in the first place because gear often has a lot of special attributes that can't be just converted to a numerical estimation of power (unlike other games that use the concept where every stat can be reasonably assessed to impact performance by a percentage)

I just think if they're going to use such a system, they need to all out use it and use it consistently. It doesn't make sense to call two items that arent even in the same universe of power the same ilvl.
    (2)