Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Paths to obtaining level 119 weapon

I have finished trial 152 intending to eventually have a level 119 weapon. There are 2 next trials and I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. If I follow one path eventually, supposedly, I end up with a lvl 99 Almace for my RDM which then can eventually be turned into a level 119 weapon.

So, should I go onto trial 153 which replaces a Shiavona with a Nobilis, or does the other leg also somehow lead to a level 119 weapon? Looking at bee gee wiki it looks like I should follow the legs toward the Almace.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    None of the trials lead to a 119 weapon. Shiavona -> Nobilis leads to creating level 80 Almace which you can continue to 99 via trials and 119 with 300 riftborn boulders. If you're looking for an easier to obtain 119 weapon, this is not the way to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The upgrade through Oboro requiring 300 riftborn boulders was what I was referring to. I am still working on job points so that I can buy and use a blurred sword or knife. Weapons that are drops that I am aware of don't seem attainable to me because it would require a party to want a RDM to join them many times. But, what do you suggest as a way to get a level 119 sword or dagger?
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Do you realize how expensive/time consuming it is to get 1500 HMP and 60 riftcinders? Making Excalibur is much easier/cheaper.

You can get an Alluvion skirmish sword for free if you do the Records of Eminence quests on Intermediate. That's the easiest. If you shout/join a PUG, you can heal/nuke/enfeeble in a party for Escha in order to get a Nibiru Sword. You can make Egeking via Oboro. The materials aren't impossible to get if you can afford them all. Don't waste money on a Blurred item, they suck. You can buy a 119 sword in Jeuno once you hit 50 JP if you don't have anything by then. Just try to join a party/LS and save yourself the heartache. If you can skip all these and go straight to making the 119 Empyrean weapon, more power to you.
    (0)

You might still be able to turn that weapon you started into access to Chant Du Cygne... if you can I'd recommend that.

Making an 119 Almace is a great goal but you're only done like 2% of the work for it currently. The hardest part is getting the voidwatch items.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks for those ideas.

So, I bought an Arasy sword, which is su1. I have exactly 50 job points as RDM. I am a RDM at level 99. But, I can't equip the sword. Do I need 51 job points? Or do you know if there is something else I need to do to equip the su1 sword?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cheyrn View Post
    Thanks for those ideas.

So, I bought an Arasy sword, which is su1. I have exactly 50 job points as RDM. I am a RDM at level 99. But, I can't equip the sword. Do I need 51 job points? Or do you know if there is something else I need to do to equip the su1 sword?
    Did you spend all 50 as you only get the gift for spending the required amount, not simply possessing them.
    (0)

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    D'oh. Yes that was it. I had not spent the points. Thanks.

So, now I get to see if there is an obvous difference between average 118 and average 119.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Your total ilevel also affects your trusts' stats so there's that. Not sure what weapon you were using before but you might not see a huge difference until you make dedicated sets for melee, nuking, buffing, healing, etc. Using that sword for casting spells will not likely prove much of a damage difference than using something like a Marin staff. Just food for thought.
    (0)