Character
    Redler
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Conquest tweaks desperately needed - Beastmen running rampant

On my server, nearly a dozen regions are taken over by beastmen in Conquest, as they were last week, and the week before that. It's not always the same areas, but the number stays around the same.

This is problematic because an individual has basically no power to influence most regions. For some, with high enough level mobs (level 100+), it might be possible to, over the course of a week, gain influence by chain killing for hours there.

For others, without mobs that high level, I don't know what the recourse is. Beastmen influence doesn't seem to be lower-able, and if the Beastmen are in control, the ONLY things you can do to gain influence are: gain Conquest Points, or do Expenditionary Force. There's no Garrison, there's no trading in equipment or other items.

Conquest Points are problematic because the system was designed with a sizable server population leveling in those areas, which is no longer the case, complicated further by EXP gained from Records of Eminence or Grounds of Valor not giving Conquest Points, which in turn mean no influence gained.

Expenditionary Force simply isn't do-able in its current state. Getting 3+ other people from the same nation together for hours with basically no material rewards isn't going to happen. It was rare enough back in the Zilart era.

I really don't even know what to suggest for alleviating this. Make sure there are level 100+ mobs in every zone? I know Kolshushu has 96-98 skeletons in Labyrinth of Onzozo as its highest. But I don't know if that would be enough.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Redler View Post
    I really don't even know what to suggest for alleviating this. Make sure there are level 100+ mobs in every zone? I know Kolshushu has 96-98 skeletons in Labyrinth of Onzozo as its highest. But I don't know if that would be enough.
    I mentioned this elsewhere here on these forums recently, but if I had my way I'd merge the 16 servers into 4, at most, lower respawn timers on every regular monster to 5 minutes or less, lessen the respawn timers on existing NMs, and introduce high level monsters into all the old zones - they'd be using similar monster models since the dev team doesn't have the resources to introduce new ones, but larger sizes and different names with low drop rates on some sought after items like beitetsu/pluton/boulders/alexandrite. I'd bring back placeholder/timed NMs amid the new, higher level monsters, too, similar to Ascended NMs in Reisenjima.

It's a lot of work, but a job that doesn't require any new assets, just re-using existing content to bring some interest back to older zones and to rejuvenate an old game too many of us have grown tired with. Too much focus in recent years has been placed on funneling players into battlefields away from the open world design that was once FFXI's strength. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to see the focus shifted again.
    (0)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What would be the point? Outpost are no longer needed. Unless you are going there to farm crystals.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    What would be the point? Outpost are no longer needed. Unless you are going there to farm crystals.
    Regional merchants.
    (1)

Character
    Redler
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Among other things, that exactly. I do Monstrosity sometimes and Crystal RoEs make for a decent chunk of EXP and Sparks.
    (0)

What would be the point?
    To play a part of the game as it was designed.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    One easy fix would be to just allow trusts for Expeditionary Force, rather than imposing a hard party size restriction.
    (2)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Player
    One odd exception to the exp gained from other sources issue seems to be Voidwatch... You can gain large chunks of exp per kill which appear to count towards conquest. I stole Saruta for Sandy a while back by accident doing this ^^ Not a solution in any way to the root of the problem, but something to think about if there are specific zones which you are trying to take back from beastmen maybe?
    (1)