Character
    Goldyloxx
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Cast Metal Plate - Mount Zhayolm

Hey folks,

Been trying to do this for 3 days with no luck. I'm trying to do the "Waking the Colossus" quest for Alexander. It is my understanding that I need a "Cast Metal Plate" key item to open the Gates of Halvung to access the area I need to get to so I can finish this quest.

So, I go the Halvung staging point, mount my raptor, go to the closest Gates of Halvung, dismount, touch the door and get a message about a keyhole, mount raptor, refer to the wiki map for ??? spawn locations for the plate, and ride around to the spots. I have not zoned. I make sure when I start and finish this that it's on the same FFXI day. I have never seen any ??? in Mount Zhayolm at all except for the one for PUP AF.

Am I doing something wrong? All I want to do is open the gate.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyjanet View Post
    Hey folks,

Been trying to do this for 3 days with no luck. I'm trying to do the "Waking the Colossus" quest for Alexander. It is my understanding that I need a "Cast Metal Plate" key item to open the Gates of Halvung to access the area I need to get to so I can finish this quest.

So, I go the Halvung staging point, mount my raptor, go to the closest Gates of Halvung, dismount, touch the door and get a message about a keyhole, mount raptor, refer to the wiki map for ??? spawn locations for the plate, and ride around to the spots. I have not zoned. I make sure when I start and finish this that it's on the same FFXI day. I have never seen any ??? in Mount Zhayolm at all except for the one for PUP AF.

Am I doing something wrong? All I want to do is open the gate.
    Have you run to where the ???'s are instead of riding?
    (0)

Character
    Goldyloxx
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    No. What's the difference??
    (0)

Character
    Goldyloxx
    World