Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I dunno, I think there is a bit of a trail of breadcrumbs to follow, it's just not as blatantly obvious as a big glowing exclamation mark over where you need to go.

You meet the trust guys they tell you that they're from the jeuno institute, so you go to jeuno and you meet Jamal, he gives you a bundle of trust scrolls, you get some trust and go back to him and get a new trust quest for AAGK, seems legit to me. Only cryptic part is that you wouldn't know you need all 3 nations trust to talk to Jamal for the first quest and zilart complete to get the second.

If you look at it like "they said in the patch notes I can get X now but not how" then yes it's cryptic. But if you look at trust as a whole then it's quite plausible to follow along.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 09-22-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I dunno, I think there is a bit of a trail of breadcrumbs to follow, it's just not as blatantly obvious as a big glowing exclamation mark over where you need to go.
    You keep going back to this but I just want it to be clear that's not what I'm asking for.

The closest thing to a trail on the right track is if you already know about the involved quest NPC from prior to this patch, you might think to check him when you notice you can't get the objective. But I was about to go do all of the RoE Quests objectives (that you get from an NPC) before someone told me that wasn't necessary. So if you think there's some other clue or reasonable way to deduce this that I've missed, let me know. It's not like I don't try to figure things out myself before asking for help. But as I said before, what bugs me the most is I don't see any particular reason why you need some random specific trust from the past as part of this. I'm pretty sure the AAs don't even get a passing mention throughout Wings of the Goddess, don't decend from any NPCs in it, and I can't make any such connections from the NPC you need to talk to more than once to get the objective.
    (1)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortta View Post
    I think he is just used to the big huge signs above NPC's heads and all the hand-holding most newer MMO's do.
    There is such a HUGE difference between what the OP is asking for than what you say here. He's asking that the quest have a logical story based history vs. being totally random as if the person making the quest said, I need to add an ROE quest for a trust, let's just pick some random stuff to do. The quests in FFXI may be cryptic, but at least they usually had a strong story line background that made some sense.

This wasn't a big deal to me because I'm used to having to look up info for quests in FFXI. When I first played, I loved running around trying to figure out quests till they got so cryptic and then I joined a ls where it was pretty much 'Research online before doing quests and missions and fights', and it was a bit of a letdown. I'd say overcame my dislike of the quests being so cryptic and loved the game in spite of it because at least the quests were often good little stories. I groaned when they added Adoulin and quests like, bring me 5 chapuli wings, but at least SE pretty much kept thing lore based over all.

Do you understand why those NPC trusts mean anything to acquiring AAGK? Do you do all quests without googling? I hate the games with exclamation parts and little arrows telling you where to go, but I don't think having google skills makes FFXI players better than the average adventurer.
    (2)

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Well the point is that it fosters a community. People pool their information together in a wiki, on ls chats or other sources. It gives the community something to do, its always been that way in this game.
    (2)

All the people talking about "finding the answer" and etc.

How many of you check a wiki when you get a new quest?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Even as someone involved with a major wiki for the game for a long time, I still preferred to find answers in game and among friends wherever possible. I turned to the wiki more when i needed the numerical/statistical information or forgot where something I did before was much more than trying to find info on something I'm doing for the first time.

While this stuff does "foster a community", That could also be done effectively by simply playing together.

There is such a HUGE difference between what the OP is asking for than what you say here. He's asking that the quest have a logical story based history vs. being totally random as if the person making the quest said, I need to add an ROE quest for a trust, let's just pick some random stuff to do. The quests in FFXI may be cryptic, but at least they usually had a strong story line background that made some sense.
    This is basically it. So far nobody has shown me that there is any rhyme or reason for the process to get AAGK trust. the prerequisites to me appear to be totally random and have no basis in lore or story or a logical pattern. That's different from the majority of things you can find and get in this game (even if some of them are more tenuous connections) where you're at bare minimum getting it because some NPC said you can. This doesn't even have that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-23-2016 at 01:44 AM.

But the problem is: that too is what the forum is for. But look at the responses that have been give. When Delve was a thing I asked for info on the V.2 NMs because there wasn't information added to the wiki. I was going to compile it and add it myself, but all I got was negativity. The community doesn't want to openly share things and hasn't for a while, like it's a trophy or something that they can hold over someone else's head. But a little help in game wouldn't be game breaking, the RoE was basically designed for that reason, to give a general idea of things.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    But the problem is: that too is what the forum is for. But look at the responses that have been give. When Delve was a thing I asked for info on the V.2 NMs because there wasn't information added to the wiki. I was going to compile it and add it myself, but all I got was negativity. The community doesn't want to openly share things and hasn't for a while, like it's a trophy or something that they can hold over someone else's head. But a little help in game wouldn't be game breaking, the RoE was basically designed for that reason, to give a general idea of things.
    You say this in a thread about a new trust whose RoE quest was revealed on another forum within 30 mins or so of the servers going back up after the update. While what you said does happen sometimes it's often regarding strategies regarding a new NM. Rarely does it happen for quests/missions. That blanket statement is a poor representation of the community as a whole.
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    You need to

(1) have beaten (Recieved all possible Trusts) the three TRUST quests in Windurst, San d'Oria and Bastok.
    (2) Talk to Jamal in Ru'Lude Gardens to get the KI 'Bundle of Half-inscribed scrolls'
    (3) You need to get the TRUST NPC's in the past.
    * Some people claim to only need to get Rainemard, while others claim you need: Rainemard, Excenmille (S), Klara and Romaa Mihgo
    (4) Talk to Jamal to unlock RoE #3.
    (5) Activate the quest and then beat him.
    I can confirm that you do not need Excenmille (S), Klara, and Romaa Mihgo. Just Rainmard will do, aside from the main city ones that is.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dale; 09-23-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not that it's a lot of work it's just that its obfuscated behind things I couldn't have known I had to do.

20-30 minutes to do, but it took 20-30 hours before I eventually gave up, came here, and asked (upon soloing it on VE with trusts as PUP and not getting a trust)

It would have saved me 15 merits if I had deduced that it was an RoE objective (which ingame someone pointed out to me that it was reasonable to deduce this), but not having any such objective in my RoE list, I had nothing to go on. No clues in the patch notes or ingame that I had to do things.

While FFXIV's patch notes don't usually explicitly state exactly what items come from whatever new thing in a patch, the notes tell you how to participate in new content and state things like "you can get various new gear, minions, and mounts from this content", which, along with pictures of stuff before the patch comes out, makes this sort of thing reasonably easy to figure out.

It's just annoying to me because they have considerably dialed back the cryptic nonsense post-Audolin in FFXI, and then they announce this new thing everyone wants and don't even give you a hint as to how to get it (Unlike the fenrir mount, which they basically said explicitly was added as a new reward from the Fenrir quest). A quest that makes you think is fine- not even knowing you need to do a quest is not so much.
    Would just like to say that I agree with the points you are making in this thread. This game does a horrible job at describing their quests. It always has - and more than likely always will.

Asking for useful hints - or at least some kind of clue as to what to do next - is not asking to have your hand held as others have charged. It's a reasonable request - and makes a lot more sense them making the player do a lot of random cryptic things 99% of the community have to google to figure out.
    (3)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3