Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    I've made that list. across 6 or 7 posts so far. Complaining every time they add one and not all of them.

All the GEOs. Amchuchu. Fab Kupofried Aldo. Babban (mandy sp). Qultada.

All the once a year need to be more often as well. Too many to bother listing.

These 9 among others should be 100% accessible.

Not a single tank from the standard set is useful in the slightest. ALL good tanks are temporary. That is completely unacceptable. (Newly added EV since this thread was created is "OK" if you can TA her, cause she cannot hold hate without it.) (and August takes quite a bit of progression and luck to earn. not useful for a new player that needs a useful tank).

THE ONLY corsair is temporary. Unacceptable.

The ONLY "good" BLM is temporary. Unacceptable. (see: Best)

Moogle and Sakura are "gimmes" they give skill rate bonuses. That should be 100%.
    you seem to have this thing in your head that trusts replace partys fully, at no point were they ment to replace partys fully, they are ment to assist in standard stuff that currently is lacking, most endgame that can use trusts are mostly T1-3 depending on zone and which trusts, everything else pretty much means the trust will die fast or just can't hit the target.

Yes there are some trusts that work better than others however it still doesn't replace real players for higher endgame content, that being said, if you havn't obtained it, then try playing the game instead of not playing it,or do the relivent fights such as SR to get em.

Whats that? you can't solo SR because you trusts aren't enough because they are too weak or too dumb? considering SR is endgame i am not suprised, only those who are generally pimped can solo using trusts in such a way that they just assist minorly rather than fill the shoes of partys in endgame
    (0)

Player
    I have every obtainable trust. I don't complain on my own behalf.

I complain for the people that don't even know what they are missing because they cannot access it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    I have every obtainable trust. I don't complain on my own behalf.

I complain for the people that don't even know what they are missing because they cannot access it.
    I do feel for those who don't have it and don't understand exactly what they are missing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Songen; 04-06-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Instead of pining over the trusts that aren't (and probably won't ever be) available, maybe we should buff existing trusts to make them more in line with the ones everybody wishes they had.

If Shantotto II for example is so awesome, why not buff a few of the other casters up to her level? I mean seriously, why should a handful of trusts that are impossible to get be oh-so-much better than the ones that players can actually obtain? Sounds like the gap between them is just too large and needs to be tightened up a bit.
    (1)

Player
    Moogle Fablinix Kuprofried and Aldo are available right now in the starter cities in the boxes!
    (0)

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Where are these boxes? o.O I just got back.

Edit: Found it xD SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF! *-*
    (0)
    Last edited by Nefario; 05-18-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefario View Post
    Where are these boxes? o.O I just got back.
    There's one in each city, but the only one I know of is in Southern San d'Oria next to a moogle between the zone to N.Sandy & the AH. There's a multi-page list of freebies, you can get one of each (don't have to choose only one thing.)
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Neferio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    There's one in each city, but the only one I know of is in Southern San d'Oria next to a moogle between the zone to N.Sandy & the AH. There's a multi-page list of freebies, you can get one of each (don't have to choose only one thing.)
    Thank youuuuu. So much awesomeness. Also this game is awesome.

Jeez there's a lot of stuff in here.... if each of the cities carries unique items it would be overload... LOL.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nefario; 05-18-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Character
    Vjex
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 92
    I have an idea. To reward that oh-so-familiar Final Fantasy XI feeling- why not make trusts teachable by other players?

It may work like this:

-A player has a particular trust that another player does not have.
    -Certain requirements could be put in place in order to produce a Cipher, corresponding to the particular trust that the other person desires.

I see absolutely no reason why this couldn't be implemented. This rewards player <->player interaction, seeks to bind the community further together by way of sharing, and still does not punish newcomers who have to level through the first 99 levels to become relevant.

I'd just like to say, after seeing others run around with "Shantotto II" cipher, I felt as if those players were looking at me and saying "Wow, he picked the crappy trusts." Clearly, there are trusts out there that are absolutely better than others, and I found myself discouraged to play the game if the development of FFXI is similar to saying to a newcomer like me- "Hey, sorry you missed out. You're just not going to be on an equal player field like others are, and everyone is going to know it when you level."

If there were some way to implement a change where you could just produce a cipher for another player, or, hell, make them available to the auction house, I'd be happy. I may not be able to immediately pay for them, but I'd be happy.

What I do NOT like is that I must wait such a long time for a cipher to become available again. Please consider making ciphers of past time available with a series of interesting quests? Maybe? Or the suggestion I made?

There a couple of additional thoughts that I had:

-Expound upon the cipher system. As a new player that recently obtained above level 75, I noticed that there is a "Merit Point" system in place. Why not create a system that would increase trust stats the more and more you use those particular trusts? This would reward trusts that are used more often, eventually achieving similar power levels to those more powerful trusts.

-Increase the capabilities of other trusts, making them more desirable to players. Clearly, for many players, aesthetic will be a factor anyways.

-A quest line available during the Alter Ego Extravaganza events. Tie this in with whatever else FFXI has going for it.

-Make exclusive trusts that are not available during the year available after level 99?
    (0)
    Last edited by Vjex; 09-11-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8