Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings everyone,

First let me start by properly introducing myself! My name is Zhexos and I'm with the community team and I've been working behind the scenes for our FFXI community for quite some time! As you can see from my avatar, I'm a Coeurl—a beast well known for their Blaster and Chaotic Eye skills to paralyze and silence players... but don't worry, I wouldn't dream of using them on you all!

With the introductions out of the way, let's move onto the juicy details! While I was chasing around Mandragoras and Tarutarus in Sarutabaruta, the wind carried rumors of a Tarutaru known for her (maniacal?) laugh planning to make her return this May.

In addition to this we're planning to hold the Alter Ego Extravaganza this year again. However, we're thinking it would be better to hold this event at a timing where we would have more returned players in-game, so we're scheduling it to coincide with plans for this event. We should be able to give more details on this soon, so we ask you to hang tight just a bit longer!
    Nice to meet you! Can we expect to be hearing from you frequently?

Can you please remove the redundant trusts from the Extravaganzas? There is no reason why Tenzen and co. should be included for instance due to being added to the freebie/newbie ROEs. That would free up some space to replace with some of the more rare/high demand ciphers for regular distribution.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The OPs concerns regarding rare trusts was not addressed by the community rep.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    The OPs concerns regarding rare trusts was not addressed by the community rep.
    The OP is asking an unreasonable request. There is no need to change the entire system to allow for all trusts to be available all the time. Just make sure you get them when they roll around. So long as they are available at least once a year, I see no problems with the majority of the current system.

The handful of one-off event trusts tho... I think those are the best options to replace the currently 100% useless/redundant slots in the Extravaganzas. Aldo, Fablinix, Kupofried and Moogle have had no obtainment method other than Red Pells in a very long time. Kupofried especially should be guaranteed at least once a year, and personally, I think that Moogle would be a great fit in the Extravaganzas opposite the ones with Sakura available.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    So long as they are available at least once a year, I see no problems with the majority of the current system.
    Once a year is not enough. Not everyone stays subscribed all year, and this game is super old now. Every 2 or 3 months at minimum is acceptable.
    IMO Trusts shouldn't even be gated in such a manner, I'd much rather they implement ways of obtaining them with hard work/grinding and have them available 24/7.
    Also the gap between your average trust and the trusts anyone actually wants is ridiculous.
    (1)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Once a year is not enough. Not everyone stays subscribed all year, and this game is super old now. Every 2 or 3 months at minimum is acceptable.
    IMO Trusts shouldn't even be gated in such a manner, I'd much rather they implement ways of obtaining them with hard work/grinding and have them available 24/7.
    Also the gap between your average trust and the trusts anyone actually wants is ridiculous.
    Facts. Summed up very well.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Try paying your bill then? ^^;; For any of them that are time-linked, all you have to do is make sure your sub is active sometime during a whole month and grab 'em. You can still check the POL frontpage to see what's going to be up for campaigns even if your account is not active after all.

Just about all of the trusts that I use routinely are either mission rewards or from Extravaganzas (Amchuchu/Sakura.) I have a full collection on my main barring Fab/Aldo, but the only "rare" one that I pull out for doing stuff would be Moogle, and I've already said that it seems like the one that really should be made regularly available like Sakura. The once-a-year ones that are tied to seasonal events (Mumor, etc.) make sense on being limited to that month's events.

I do agree that they need to be rotating the login ciphers more frequently tho.. It feels like there haven't been any for a while and I have 11x more characters to complete my collection on still. :/

The biggest thing that no one has brought up yet about the dev's reply tho.... Wasn't there supposed to be an Extravaganza in April? I think that's how the schedule has been working for the last few years, (JAN/APR/JUL/OCT) and it's not clear if there not being one means that it was only postponed by a month to sync up w/ a returnee campaign, or if we are actually losing one (or more) of the four this year. This honestly worries me. o.o;; The Extravaganzas are the best way to grab a bunch of trusts for a new character every 3mon, and at worst we had a 6mon wait for specific trusts if we just barely missed one. There's not been a peep about this on the frontpage, which seems odd given how big a departure from normality it is to change up annually scheduled campaigns.
    (0)

how about writing a list of the trusts you want or need, they might not answer but it could end up in the next months or the month after's campaign. don't complain and then don't say which ones specificlly you need .

As for why they just don't make all of them perminent, we could make a million excuses to vindicate the SE team as to why or why not, however it is what it is
    (0)

Player
    I've made that list. across 6 or 7 posts so far. Complaining every time they add one and not all of them.

All the GEOs. Amchuchu. Fab Kupofried Aldo. Babban (mandy sp). Qultada.

All the once a year need to be more often as well. Too many to bother listing.

For reference, a "good" trust equates to GEO/RDM/COR trusts. And Shantotto II... and the non-unity Aldo would be appreciated too.

(Moogle, Sakura, KoH, Qultada, Kupofried, Amchuchu, Aldo, Shantoto II, Fablinix)
    These 9 among others should be 100% accessible.

Not a single tank from the standard set is useful in the slightest. ALL good tanks are temporary. That is completely unacceptable. (Newly added EV since this thread was created is "OK" if you can TA her, cause she cannot hold hate without it.) (and August takes quite a bit of progression and luck to earn. not useful for a new player that needs a useful tank).

THE ONLY corsair is temporary. Unacceptable.

The ONLY "good" BLM is temporary. Unacceptable. (see: Best)

Moogle and Sakura are "gimmes" they give skill rate bonuses. That should be 100%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khiril; 04-04-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings everyone,

First let me start by properly introducing myself! My name is Zhexos and I'm with the community team and I've been working behind the scenes for our FFXI community for quite some time! As you can see from my avatar, I'm a Coeurl—a beast well known for their Blaster and Chaotic Eye skills to paralyze and silence players... but don't worry, I wouldn't dream of using them on you all!

With the introductions out of the way, let's move onto the juicy details! While I was chasing around Mandragoras and Tarutarus in Sarutabaruta, the wind carried rumors of a Tarutaru known for her (maniacal?) laugh planning to make her return this May.

In addition to this we're planning to hold the Alter Ego Extravaganza this year again. However, we're thinking it would be better to hold this event at a timing where we would have more returned players in-game, so we're scheduling it to coincide with plans for this event. We should be able to give more details on this soon, so we ask you to hang tight just a bit longer!
    Hey Zhexos, allow me to officially welcome you to the forgotten gulag. Please enjoy your stay. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And with formalities out of the way, could you tell me what would be the best way to request the dev team to adjust (regular) Ayame's accuracy?

She is the only Trust that opens skillchains consistently, however her functionality is severely hampered by her dismal accuracy. This is not an issue when playing jobs like RDM because Distract is enough to compensate for her lack of accuracy, however using her with other jobs is not as viable when there are other trusts with far better accuracy than her. And keep in mind this is despite using the Trust accuracy +10% cheer to help her out, and because RDM trusts don't use Distract reliably enough to make this a non issue.

Now, as mentioned other Trust can close sc or self sc reliably, so this isn't a problem of damage output. The issue is instead on the fun part of the equation. Sure, I can kill monsters much faster with other trusts, but being able to close sc with Ayame is simply more fun for me as a player.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Look, this is garbage.

Not only do you make all the good trusts unobtainable 11 months of the entire year,(some completely impossible) but now they've been absent from log-in as well.

Unacceptable.
    he hinted that they'll have a return to vana'diel campaign at some point (Which means free days for those whose accounts aren't active)and will have certain trusts available, instead of complaining, how about you suggest which of those trusts which should be avaiable or havn't been available for a while
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast