Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They're at least 2.5yrs old, which is forever ago for most games. That really can't be called "new".
    Yes, that can be called new in a game that's nearly FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. 2.5 years is relatively new, especially when you said "seasonal rewards have been a predictable schedule for years", 2.5 years out of nearly fifteen for trusts is a VERY small amount of overall time and RELATIVELY RECENT.

There's a huge difference between some fun fireworks/cosmetics and trusts that give you power to solo things you normally wouldn't due to how much more powerful they are than other trusts(Shantotto II is a great example).

Anything that gives player power should be obtainable every day of the year since being added to the game.

Do you want garbage content like seasonal ULTIMATE weapons only obtainable during X months of some crap? Just stop.

STOP DEFENDING THINGS BAD FOR THE PLAYERS OF THE GAME. YOU ARE DOING NOTHING GOOD BY DOING IT AND JUST MAKING THE DEVS THINK IT'S OK FOR THEM TO DO IT.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-18-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Yes, that can be called new in a game that's nearly FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. 2.5 years is relatively new, especially when you said "seasonal rewards have been a predictable schedule for years", 2.5 years out of nearly fifteen for trusts is a VERY small amount of overall time and RELATIVELY RECENT.

There's a huge difference between some fun fireworks/cosmetics and trusts that give you power to solo things you normally wouldn't due to how much more powerful they are than other trusts(Shantotto II is a great example).

Anything that gives player power should be obtainable every day of the year since being added to the game.

Do you want garbage content like seasonal ULTIMATE weapons only obtainable during X months of some crap? Just stop.

STOP DEFENDING THINGS BAD FOR THE PLAYERS OF THE GAME. YOU ARE DOING NOTHING GOOD BY DOING IT AND JUST MAKING THE DEVS THINK IT'S OK FOR THEM TO DO IT.
    If a time-limited reward is important enough to you to be upset about, then that should be all the more incentive to pay your bill and make sure you get it. Your stance boils down to "I want to get something that I did not pay for! GIVE IT TO ME!"

And how many years has the Starlight Celebration been in December? Scheduled, predictable events with unique awards are not new. There are just more events and better rewards attached to them now.
    Just because you don't like that a certain reward is not always available does not make it bad. ^^
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    If a time-limited reward is important enough to you to be upset about, then that should be all the more incentive to pay your bill and make sure you get it. Your stance boils down to "I want to get something that I did not pay for! GIVE IT TO ME!"

And how many years has the Starlight Celebration been in December? Scheduled, predictable events with unique awards are not new. There are just more events and better rewards attached to them now.
    Just because you don't like that a certain reward is not always available does not make it bad. ^^
    Report this guy for trolling, everyone.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Except they're not, you just can't handle they have a different view to you.

No trust is that much of a requirement to compare to an ultimate weapon. Most do exactly the same thing minus one or two spells. Or comes around fairly often, because you were not active that month is irrelevant.

As for "Everything that gives power should be obtainable forever" What rubbish, not one MMO works that way.

I suppose you abhor the monthly campaigns they do as well since some grant power others don't?
    (2)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-19-2016 at 02:40 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    As for "Everything that gives power should be obtainable forever" What rubbish, not one MMO works that way.
    Every single MMO I've ever played works that way.(WOW, Rift at release, SWTOR at release, GW2 at release, FF14 1.0-3.0, Tera, Aion NA release)
    FFXI has worked that way until ambu/trusts(~12 years).
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-19-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Except they're not, you just can't handle they have a different view to you.

No trust is that much of a requirement to compare to an ultimate weapon. Most do exactly the same thing minus one or two spells. Or comes around fairly often, because you were not active that month is irrelevant.
    On the contrary, it's very relevant. Player A joins FFXI at a time where every trust is available, so when people on his/her server advise him to collect Trust A, B, C, D and E to help him/her knock out some older content that's no longer popular with the masses they have a goal to shoot for. Player B joins FFXI at a time where Trust A and D aren't currently available and wonders to themselves, why did Player A have an easier time obtaining these trusts and defeating this content when I only joined the game a day later? Player A has reachable goals, is happy with the way things play out. Player B is frustrated and needs extra help clearing the same objectives. Player A is far more likely to stick around and keep playing than Player B and the only difference between them is a trust or two that those of us already at end game take completely for granted.

Why do we need to have time-limited trusts - trusts that do indeed provide a great deal of help to more casual players - when those of us that already have them don't even think very highly of them? I think it's a fair question to ask.

How is that rubbish? Just because one game does it doesn't mean every other game on the market needs to copy it, that's how the MMORPG genre got to this sad point in its history, everyone throwing out WoW clones. Final Fantasy XI became the most profitable game in the series without any of this time-limited nonsense.

I suppose you abhor the monthly campaigns they do as well since some grant power others don't?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly do. Those campaigns are acting like a blinding light to temporarily take your attention away from the fact that the content is in dire need of updates. "Voidwatch/WKR sucks" turns into "VW/WKR campaign is awesome, I'm going to play 80 hours a week to make sure I get my empy." It's no different than Trump (since everyone loves to hate on him) deflecting attention from one news story by throwing out one the media is more interested in. The game you played now plays you.
    (3)

Player
    Every single MMO I've ever played works that way.(WOW, Rift at release, SWTOR at release, GW2 at release, FF14 1.0-3.0, Tera, Aion NA release)
    FFXI has worked that way until ambu/trusts(~12 years).
    WoW has monthly/holiday events, some of which traditionally offer actual content-relevant gear drops. Legendaries get locked out entirely (quests to get them actually get removed IIRC) AND get nerfed into oblivion whenever the next expac goes live.
    It's also normal for those awesome final tier raid drops you got a couple weeks before an expac goes live to be roughly on par with new basic dungeon drops.

FFXIV: ARR has a rather strict vertical gearing scheme, and that relic you spent months building gets outclassed as soon as the next update goes live. (I've got a friend who still plays and I hear him complain about this a lot. ~_~)

I've never played the other games you listed, so can't say much about them myself. I notice the "at release"s though.. Does that mean that they changed at some point after launch to include seasonal/holiday/limited-time campaigns?
    Out of curiosity, did any of them have real-world themed holiday events at all? I'm kinda giggling about the idea of Jabba wearing a Santa outfit. Would be awesome if it was real. XD

Outside of FF/WoW, most of my MMO experience comes from games that were pretty much built around cash shops. I would not be surprised if I'm simply more inured to dealing with the concept of limited availability items, daily logins, and the "play or fail" structure than you are.
    I played FFXI from PS2 launch until late '08 originally, started over on a brand new account August '15. A lot had changed since 75cap days, so I had quite a bit to adjust to, but not one thing about the campaigns made me even raise an eyebrow.
    TBH, I was just thankful that I had entire months for campaigns rather than the 3-7 days I've had to deal with elsewhere. @_@;;

Having to wait a bit to get a trust that I missed has never really bothered me. I know that it'll come around again and I'll get it eventually. And I don't personally see any reason to change the overall system for acquiring them.
    But I will agree that the rarest ones should have at least a once-a-year opportunity to obtain outside of the New Year's mog pell. It made my mules sad that Kupofried was not available in November like he was last year.
    ..And it bothers me that the Extravaganzas still offer the trusts that are now available from RoE. < This should change. It's rather confusing why they are still part of the extravaganzas and should be removed if not preferably replaced by some other trusts.

Please direct me to somewhere in the forum rules that states that posting a differing opinion than someone else qualifies as "trolling". ^^
    In the eternal words of a giant named Andre, "I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    (2)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You've stopped putting trusts in logins now? Really? It's bad enough all the good ones are buried in seasonal events, and most of the "useful" ones are logins... now you're forgetting to add them to the log in campaigns?

I'd be PISSED if I was a new player.
    (0)

if your a long time player, you'll log on for the good ones, those who are new won't get it since they have having a hard time with what they have so they won't log back on.

I remember logging back on after taking a break specificlly for moogle and sakura (Which was the cool thing back then during WKR).

So to sum up. there are plus's (In terms SE will get people to log back on) and negatives (People will miss out and get angry for not being as powerful as a trust group or simly never get the chance to experience it) with some trusts being log in/event specific. perhaps what is needed is a easy attained, maybe not over powered but still strong trust sets with with AI's similar to the stronger ones.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    BTW WHERE THE HELL IS MY AAMR AND AAHM. (and AATT).
    (1)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast