Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I'd want them to reduce Tiamat, I want those speed boots only I'm not staying around waiting for botters to steal it the minute it pops.
    No I mean steal, by claiming it with bots before it's even appeared. Tiamat is the worst for it.
    (1)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I'd want them to reduce Tiamat, I want those speed boots only I'm not staying around waiting for botters to steal it the minute it pops.
    I dunno, maybe actually go out to the camp and check it before you complain? Nobody is camping it on my server and it roams around happy and free. Until we randomly decided to go and kill it yesterday. It was up for at LEAST a full day before we got to it.

Secondly, nobody really used claim bots heavily for Tiamat, and it's certainly not heavily camped now. You're talking nonsense. The real issue with it was mobilizing enough people to kill it and then not sucking during the fight so it didn't take forever. With such a long window the only time you ever needed to heavily camp it was during the last 3 hours when it was due for force pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    No I mean steal, by claiming it with bots before it's even appeared. Tiamat is the worst for it.
    Typically that's caused by graphical lag on the client end when a zone is particularly busy. Funnily enough HNM zones are often like that. The worst of these was Dragon's Aery by a long way. Tiamat has a wide spawn area so it was far less of a gong show than DA.
    (1)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-13-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Why have such long repop timers anyway?

The gear is way outdated, and only MNKs have any reason to fight the NMs anymore. Plus, SE said that they are going to add HNM moves for BLUs to learn.

What is the point in having 1 mob pop once every 24 hours anyway? Drop rates are horrible for those mobs anyway.
    (1)

I have to laugh at the comment about lag on the users end in heavily camped by HNM shell areas. I am sorry, but I have witnessed claim botting first hand, no lag, by hired for the purpose RDM's, and also claim bot shells. A fine example of this was at King Arthro, when it was a popular Land King to camp. Maybe 2 dozen people waiting for the crabs to pop, all of a sudden 6 taru's appear, same shell, all anon, no gear save weapons, the crabs are being killed and Arthro appears claimed......by one one of the 6 taru. This same group was observed over a period of many months appearing at most of the lesser HNM spawns. Happened over and over and over, and calls to GM's got everyone else nowhere.

But whatever, respawn times need to be cut and drop rates improved even if most of the gear is obsolete. There are still people who like to paly FFXI the way it used to be.
    (7)

Player
    Totally agree. It's annoying as hell to have the ToD and then next thing you know an LS shows up and the shit is claimed before you even saw it on your screen. Bravo! It's so hard to sit there and let a program claim for you. You are so awesome!
    (3)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I have to laugh at the comment about lag on the users end in heavily camped by HNM shell areas.
    You can laugh all you like it doesn't make it any less true. If you'd actually camped Fafnir you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. It regularly wouldn't "spawn" for 5 seconds after it actually pops because of client lag. It appears on other people's screens first. They claim it. It appears claimed on your screen. That is how things worked, at least at Faffy and to a lesser extent KB. If you're new to those camps, then yeah, it's going to look like someone claimed it before it popped. Aspi, well, he sometimes had a couple of seconds before people got within range of him because of the big spawn area.

There's no such thing as an NM appearing claimed in the current game, unless you are slow, seeing what you want to see, or are having client lag. There's even a lock out period after NM's actually pop where you can't perform any actions on them. I don't know when you were camping King Arthro but if it was a long time ago, chances are they may not have added the lock out. Either way, things popping `claimed` doesn`t happen in the current game.

Sorry, trying to dispel some of the myths of HNM. And yes, they should ease timers on them, for the record.
    (2)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-14-2011 at 02:19 AM.

You’ll be glad to know that in the next version update, adjustments will be made to land kings (Behemoth, Fafnir, Adamantoise). A new dev. thread will be created in the very near future bringing with it more details, but for now feel free to discuss what you think the dev. has in mind!
    (21)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

I'm hoping it has something to do with the drop rate of the MNK items... or maybe even making them pop-able. I'd like to see a reduced respawn but I fear that would only gives those bot claiming a chance to claim more than once a day.

But I'm glad to hear the news and am keeping hopes up.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Oh nice! Thanks for bringing us that little bit of news. I trust the Dev team will make some good changes while trying to keep the right balance. Shortened windows or making kings force pops is my guess. Then einherjar... well I don`t know, it`s not very popular at the moment already.

And soon, how soon is that?... What are we going to do until then!?
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-14-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Character
    Aodecant
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    ... And soon, how soon is that?... What are we going to do until then!?
    Please tell me you're referring to what I think you're referring to.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast