Thread: Abyssea feet

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Abyssea feet

I'm hoping to get Goetia sabots from a gold pyxis chest. Is there something I can do to make the drop more likely? I read that defeating Rift treants are most likely to produce amber light which makes it more likely that gold pxyis chests drop. Do you have any other suggestions, aside from not getting Goetia sabots?
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Keeping between 90-100 amber usually keeps gold chests reasonable small rate aswell as keeping up pearlescent, as the big ones tend to give more ki pops, Lame Deer will also give you the feet if you trade him 3 feet you obtain but do not want
    (1)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Make sure you keep any other empyrean feet armor you find in a chest. You can trade any 3 to Lame Deer in Abyssea - Misareaux for 1 feet armor of your choice.
    (0)

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks. I didn't try keeping amber between 90-100 if that was meant to mean not going over 100. Instead, I maxed out at 255 by defeating treants with an elemental weapon skill. It is some few that take you to 255.

With that it seem to be true each time that the appearance of gold pyxis chests increases after an hour or so after reaching 255, maybe 12 treants, I'm not sure. I am engaging treants because ffxiclopedia claims these contribute the most to amber light.

Initially the treants don't aggro then they start aggroing later, which means hate builds unless it's a coincidence. I don't know if that relates.

In any case, it was about 8 hours of grinding. Of course that is just one person doing that one time, so doesn't represent an average. After the 4th day, all in one gold pyxis there were 3 feet which I traded to lame deer for the goetia sabots. Yay!
    (0)