Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Create an NPC that can craft items in guilds.

I've been a somewhat avid crafter, but haven't had the time to fully max out a craft yet (although I'm working on it). But while doing some levelling on a particular job class, I realized I had absolutely NO armor to carry me through a certain section of levelling that job class... because there was no level 50~60 artifact armor nor level 75 relic, or Emperyan armor!.... And there were no Sparks armor to purchase past levels 50 through 90! Sad thing is that I also had the necessary items to create some of the armor to bridge the gap... but absolutely nobody (including me) had that particular crafting skill level to do it.

So the thought has occurred to me.

Create an NPC for each guild that can craft all item recipes. But the requirements for the NPC to craft for a player is that the player must come up with ALL the materials needed for a crafting recipe including the crystal! As long as all those requirements are met, the NPC can craft that item.

For example lets say I would like a Scorpion Mask made... I have all the items needed to make it but do not have a high enough Bonecraft skill, nor can I find someone capable of doing it on the server.... So I could take all the materials I'd gathered to an NPC at the Bonecrafter's guild, trade all the necessary items, and they'd make it. Since some recipes can call for up to 8 total items, it would be best to have the player trade the crystal first to the NPC and it would open up the "crafting" menu, except the NPC would do it instead of the player.

Depending on how effective this could be, you may allow the NPC to create High Quality items or not depending on how it would affect the game economy. If you don't allow the NPC to create HQ items, such as armor/ weapons, then it would still make players who do craft items to keep crafting as a viable opportunity to create and auction HQ goods.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That's a ridiculous suggestion..

Might as well just give everyone 110 crafting skill on all crafts..

That and it would completely destroy the markets and crafting all together.
    (2)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Meh. It's not really that dramatic. Gil has extremely devalued, and when people are charging/paying 500m for stuff, yeah, it's time to reign it back in and lower some values.
    (1)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Level 50 sparks armor can take you to 78, and just change into bayld armor from the original Abyssea areas after that.

Or just, ya know, make your trusts do all the heavy lifting as you level. That works too.
    (2)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    Level 50 sparks armor can take you to 78, and just change into bayld armor from the original Abyssea areas after that.

Or just, ya know, make your trusts do all the heavy lifting as you level. That works too.
    Unlike some folks, I don't like to rush level something if it's a job class I'm unfamiliar with and/or don't have high enough skills to effectively bring close to cap for that job class. Being a vet for over 12 years, I've seen some folks out level their skill caps and then wonder why they can't hit stuff or have low damage/def effectiveness due to drastically under leveled skills. The most I've let my skills be left behind is maybe about 3.0-6.0 levels behind their cap. I'm one of those "Enjoy the journey until you reach the destination" instead of "Get there ASAP!!!" I will stop and smell the roses! I will be fighting VT-IT mobs over EM or lower any day because it feels more old school for me.

The problem I've been having is that RUN a tankish job. A little weird, but still tankish. I like working on a job class to LEARN the job class, not have Trusts do everything while I just sit and watch. Before Trusts I was soloing with my Adventuring Fellow, and learned how to work with or be effectively assisted by NPCs which is how I use my Trusts. Before that... well, you know what it was like waiting for parties to form to level up!

I could just have PLD trust sit out there and take the majority of the hits while my parry/evasion/divine magic skills languish behind drastically. But I wouldn't want that to happen. Some jobs require players to take hits to level up skills. It's much faster than spark skilling everything especially if one out levels the skill cap for certain things (guard, shield, parry, evasion). Spark manuals help in spurts, but shouldn't be the end all to getting skill caps especially if one is lagging by 10+ levels behind.

Me playing as PLD isn't much of a concern since I can get PLD 50-60 AF and 70~90 Relic/Empy equipment. I've even "tanked" hits on MNK by not using PLD/tank trusts to get guard skill ups fast (and it works spectacularly). Having the Far East Hearth moghancement also makes hitting skill caps much easier as well which allowed me to level up faster in a way without feeling like I should pace myself more than necessary.

But RUN and GEO have a serious level gap because there is absolutely no JSE gear for them until 99 since they are post Abyssea! GEO isn't much of a concern as it's not tanky so I can get away with lacking decent armor, but the RUN does not really have that option as I'm learning how to hold hate with it and utilize it's skills properly.

Sparks armor (except shields) has been offering some that were craft only, but stops at 50. And then restarts at 99. I've been trying to mash together pieces of stuff for my RUN that I've had laying around or came across on the field/gobbie box. It would be helpful if they started putting in stuff to cover that level range. Like the Beak Jerkin set, Coral Scale mail /Scorpion Harness set/ Hydra&Gavial scale mail sets, etc. Today I spent 2 hours in Dynamis Tav getting at least some armor that RUN can wear at 70 (Hydra harness set)... and will also make a nice vanity for my male DNC.

I've even been able to make use of the abjuration armor I've been collecting for vanity which holds up as lvl 70ish "AF" gear for RUN (Crimson Scale Mail). Still busting my butt off to get 2 final abjuration parts that refuse to drop because of the high handed requirements to even attempt to get to fight the mobs that drop the items I need. Honestly some days I wonder how the hell we put up with this back in the old days. Is there an Abj Kupon that allows me to pick a particular abjuration seal I want? Fought Fafnir 5 times already with login purchased spawn items and a few lost attempts.

@Simarki, well if you're panties are that much in a bunch about it how about restricting the max level the NPC can craft at to 90~95ish max? Honestly get bent out of shape much instead of thinking about a work around compromise? It also helps to stock AH with rarely crafted items that some people have a hard time getting as well and forcing price reductions on the game economy since everyone lives on the "greed rules" gil ideology. I"ve looked up some stuff in AH and see that the last time an item was sold was back in 2015 or even worse 2011.... And it's either because it's doesn't sell often enough for crafters to want to make it, materials are too difficult to get, or it's beyond any skill/craft level that the server has. When was the last time you seen a max level crafter for Alchemy, Clothcraft, Leather, Bonecraft? It's been well over a year for my server. We've got masters in WW, Cooking, Blacksmith and Goldsmith. Haven't seen many with Synergy mastered. These are all hard to get synthesis help for.
    (0)
    Last edited by draconus; 08-25-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by draconus View Post
    When was the last time you seen a max level crafter for Alchemy, Clothcraft, Leather, Bonecraft?.
    Today...

So far this week I have read people wanting pimped up trusts which can be used in ALL battle content and NPC's that craft. This is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer) not a single player game.
    (0)

Character
    Albelnokbel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 92
    I've never done much crafting but i have noticed that when i level up i have to throw away/sell alot of materials or else all my inventory and storage gets filled up. If i want to come back to crafting i don't have any materials and will have to go out of my way to farm mats or search the vendors. Maybe SE could implement a kill counting vendor who you can retrieve mats from or they could allow many of said mats to stack to 99 to lessen the burden. I've always chosen to find other ways to make gil and buy the items i want.
    (1)

Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Today...

So far this week I have read people wanting pimped up trusts which can be used in ALL battle content and NPC's that craft. This is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer) not a single player game.
    What crawled into your intestinal tract and died? This is an MMORPG but if you haven't noticed most multiplayer activity is 99% Endgame High level content for iLvl 119. If one is trying to work stuff out for lower levels then they're SoL. Get over your elitist self.

I'm just trying to get some armor for RUN 60-90. As in it doesn't exist unless it's crafted by leather or bonecraft 90+ which we have no master crafters in those catagories on our server. What does that have to do with multiplayer?
    (0)
    Last edited by draconus; 08-26-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Albel-Nokbel View Post
    I've never done much crafting but i have noticed that when i level up i have to throw away/sell alot of materials or else all my inventory and storage gets filled up. If i want to come back to crafting i don't have any materials and will have to go out of my way to farm mats or search the vendors. Maybe SE could implement a kill counting vendor who you can retrieve mats from or they could allow many of said mats to stack to 99 to lessen the burden. I've always chosen to find other ways to make gil and buy the items i want.

Yeah, getting too much mats with the only way to sell them off except NPC only sucks. At least we can store crystals now. It's ridiculous how much stuff one can get and have no place to store it. For example... I have a ton of Abjuration items to un-curse stuff and no place to put them. Can't be put up for sale on AH because they're Rare/ex and the one's I've even gotten multiples of ones I've already used but someone else could use... but once again, can't sell them, and can't store them at an NPC.
    (1)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by draconus View Post
    What crawled into your intestinal tract and died? This is an MMORPG but if you haven't noticed most multiplayer activity is 99% Endgame High level content for iLvl 119. If one is trying to work stuff out for lower levels then they're SoL. Get over your elitist self.

I'm just trying to get some armor for RUN 60-90. As in it doesn't exist unless it's crafted by leather or bonecraft 90+ which we have no master crafters in those catagories on our server. What does that have to do with multiplayer?
    You want some armor for your RUN, so you want to destroy crafting that many people have worked 13 years to level, and you think he's on a high horse? Couldn't you simply ask for some additional gear on the armor NPCs instead of asking that they destroy crafting?

How would you feel if someone suggested they take ALL gear and just have an NPC give it to you?
    (0)
    Last edited by kylani; 08-26-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast