Character
    Trulusia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Do Ilvl Animators add magical accuracy?

Myself and other Puppetmasters have noticed that the spiritreaver Automaton seems to have abnormally low magical accuracy compared to a Black Mage. We have tested on a variety of targets and found that Tranquilizers ALWAYS end up giving more damage than Loudspeakers do. The only reason this could be is that the resist rate for Spiritreaver is very high, meaning that it's magical accuracy is very low.

My Automaton has +104 INT from just it's Animator P. I have a very good nuking set for my Automaton, also. If the animator is adding magical accuracy, I should not be doing less damage with a Loudspeaker 4 than I do with a Tranquilizer 3. Also, all spells are tested with magic bursts, which add a large amount of magical accuracy.

So basically, I just want to know if Ilvl animators are adding magical accuracy, and more specifically if it's comparable to what +228 Magic accuracy skill weapon would give.
    (2)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Along with magical accuracy, automatons seem to have ridiculously low magic evasion. i'm talking automaton gets hit by level 5 orcish fodder's poison spell 95% of the time, with dual resisters and 3 light maneuvers, in animator P and viscuous's mantle bad. (i exaggerate, but only slightly.)

Do they only have like 200 magic evasion, and only because ilvl animators add that? because it seems broken. It's even more unfair when we have our automatons tanking and they cannot resist doom spells, and we cannot remove the doom effect with maintenance or repair augmented with our AF boots. it would be nice if players could cast status cures on our automaton, even if we can't cure them with healing spells. that or make maint/repair remove doom effect 100% of the time, and lower the recast on maintenance significantly.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    On the October the 8th 2013 patch, a new stat got added to ALL ilevel player weapons: "Magic Accuracy skill+". That is a big source of magic accuracy for players and henceforth changed the way SE balanced the Magic Evasion of their monsters, because they were assuming all players to have an ilevel weapon.

I'm confident SE didn't do the same to Animators, which at the moment probably offer the same amount of magic accuracy (i.e. very low) they offered before the october the 8th patch I just mentioned.
    This creates the unconvenient consequence that automatons have a much lower magic accuracy than the one required for the foes you engage against.

I can see two ways to "fix" this issue
    1) Add an additional amount of magic accuracy to the amount of hidden stats that all Animators give to Automatons
    2) Change the element of "Tranquilizer" attachment from Ice to something else, that way players will be able to customize Automatons with different levels of Magic Accuracy without sacrificing magic damage too much.

P.S.
    This doesn't affect BST pets or SMN avatars because their level goes beyond 99, so they benefit from the Level Correction formulas. Sadly this doesn't apply to Automatons who, like players, remain at level 99 and just their base stats boosted up. For players through equipment, for automatons through animators.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Along with magical accuracy, automatons seem to have ridiculously low magic evasion.
    I'm somewhat confident that animators add no Magic Accuracy neither Magic Evasion. The hidden stats they add are probably just the physical ones (attack, r.att, accuracy, r.acc, evasion, defense).
    The only boost we get in magic accuracy and magic evasion is small because is the indirect one we get from boosting INT and MND, but clearly that alone cannot be enough.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I'm somewhat confident that animators add no Magic Accuracy neither Magic Evasion.
    This seems very likely. Automaton atk/acc/def/eva are fine, but macc/meva are crap compared to 119 players. What's the deal SE?
    (2)