Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Please unlock BCNMs,KSNMs, Conquest, Besieiged etc, level caps and usage of Trusts.

This has been going on for years now. Certain spells and items are only available from BCNM, and KSNMs old content but I still find myself in the same situation I've found myself years ago. Either it's hard to get anyone to do certain BCNM/KSNMs unless they have a valid interest in them. It's now getting harder to get people to join in certain UNMs as well now. Usually LS members and others aren't all that interested in taking time to do a run in these older content situations... and once again it cause some players that are trying to get some things done in the older content to be sitting out for months and years due to the fact nobody else is that interested in it.

I've heard it a few times, "Well ask around...someone will join." And it just doesn't happen. Unless it's for a Kraken club, no other BCNMs will be touched.

The whole goal of trusts and uncapping areas was to allow more players ACCESS to accomplish things that they couldn't before in the past. At the moment players are only allowed to use trusts in SCNMs that have Rem's Chapters as rewards along with a difficulty setting. All the BCNMs, KSNMs, and older content for conquest battles still have their old limits. Some of them are required, for example I have been trying to get a particular abjuration piece for some vanity armor. In order to even have a chance at getting the piece I need, I have to defeat an uncapped KSNM solo which drops a force spawn item, that gives me the chance to POTENTIALLY receive ANOTHER force spawn item which gives me the CHANCE to MAYBE get the abjuration piece I'm after. It would be ok if it weren't for the strategy required to defeat the monster pretty much needs more than one person. This is where trust should be available once again.

It's consistently frustrating that I can use Trusts in Campaign battles, Abyssea, Adoulin Colonize(etc), and certain SKCNMs...

But I STILL can't use trusts in Conquest battles, BCNMs, Prime Avatar and SUMMONER lvl 20 cap battles, KSNMs, Besieged, etc. It's very difficult to get other players interested in joining unless it's the newest or most beneficial gameplay to them. Please make it so the level caps are eliminated for one, and that trusts are available for the other. Either way, having trusts available helps quite a bit and doesn't restrict players that are pretty much forced to play solo due to others lack of interest in older content.
    (7)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by draconus View Post
    This has been going on for years now. Certain spells and items are only available from BCNM, and KSNMs old content but I still find myself in the same situation I've found myself years ago. Either it's hard to get anyone to do certain BCNM/KSNMs unless they have a valid interest in them. It's now getting harder to get people to join in certain UNMs as well now. Usually LS members and others aren't all that interested in taking time to do a run in these older content situations... and once again it cause some players that are trying to get some things done in the older content to be sitting out for months and years due to the fact nobody else is that interested in it.

I've heard it a few times, "Well ask around...someone will join." And it just doesn't happen. Unless it's for a Kraken club, no other BCNMs will be touched.

The whole goal of trusts and uncapping areas was to allow more players ACCESS to accomplish things that they couldn't before in the past. At the moment players are only allowed to use trusts in SCNMs that have Rem's Chapters as rewards along with a difficulty setting. All the BCNMs, KSNMs, and older content for conquest battles still have their old limits. Some of them are required, for example I have been trying to get a particular abjuration piece for some vanity armor. In order to even have a chance at getting the piece I need, I have to defeat an uncapped KSNM solo which drops a force spawn item, that gives me the chance to POTENTIALLY receive ANOTHER force spawn item which gives me the CHANCE to MAYBE get the abjuration piece I'm after. It would be ok if it weren't for the strategy required to defeat the monster pretty much needs more than one person. This is where trust should be available once again.

It's consistently frustrating that I can use Trusts in Campaign battles, Abyssea, Adoulin Colonize(etc), and certain SKCNMs...

But I STILL can't use trusts in Conquest battles, BCNMs, Prime Avatar and SUMMONER lvl 20 cap battles, KSNMs, Besieged, etc. It's very difficult to get other players interested in joining unless it's the newest or most beneficial gameplay to them. Please make it so the level caps are eliminated for one, and that trusts are available for the other. Either way, having trusts available helps quite a bit and doesn't restrict players that are pretty much forced to play solo due to others lack of interest in older content.
    I'm not against unlocking old content that it's hard to find folks to do. I enjoy the old BCNMs as well and would like to do some of the ones I can't duo with trusts, just for the nostalgia. But the lvl 20 smn fights were designed so that they could be soloed so I disagree with including those unless there are different lvl 20 smn fights available now? Soloing those avatars was quite a bit of work in the day, but also a lot of fun. I can't imagine trusts being added. Since it was designed to solo, it seems like trusts would add way too much help to that solo battle.
    (2)

Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Adding trusts allow players to complete those areas at LOWER LEVELs instead of having to wait until max level all the time. The level 20 summon battle may be fun if you like having to stock up on the items needed for it as well as relying on no effective elemental buffs and carbuncles 1hr all the time. You seem to forget that the level 20 restriction makes some of the battles like Ramuh nearly impossible (remember the instant paralysis that can completely immobilize your Searing light attempts effectively ruining your attempt for the time limit before it runs out?). Trusts can give tanks, and buffs and extra damage without having to rely on the 1hour ability that can mess up or become messed up. Besides, just because you like not having trusts just means that they can be made available, but YOU personally DON"T have to use them if YOU don't want to... "for nostalgias sake." It gives players a CHOICE.

While one can solo the primes at higher levels, it's those that haven't quite hit the maximum level that would like to get those clear ahead of time as well as using more job classes instead of being restricted to only one or two. RDM/RUN/BLM is best for Prime solos... but with trusts allowed, players can use more job classes at LOWER LEVELS in case they haven't leveled RDM/RUN/BLM for the runs.
    (0)
    Last edited by draconus; 08-09-2016 at 10:30 PM.

I agree with you except for the smn battles. Those were always supposed to be solo so I don't think they should be changed.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by draconus View Post
    Adding trusts allow players to complete those areas at LOWER LEVELs instead of having to wait until max level all the time. The level 20 summon battle may be fun if you like having to stock up on the items needed for it as well as relying on no effective elemental buffs and carbuncles 1hr all the time. You seem to forget that the level 20 restriction makes some of the battles like Ramuh nearly impossible (remember the instant paralysis that can completely immobilize your Searing light attempts effectively ruining your attempt for the time limit before it runs out?). Trusts can give tanks, and buffs and extra damage without having to rely on the 1hour ability that can mess up or become messed up. Besides, just because you like not having trusts just means that they can be made available, but YOU personally DON"T have to use them if YOU don't want to... "for nostalgias sake." It gives players a CHOICE.

While one can solo the primes at higher levels, it's those that haven't quite hit the maximum level that would like to get those clear ahead of time as well as using more job classes instead of being restricted to only one or two. RDM/RUN/BLM is best for Prime solos... but with trusts allowed, players can use more job classes at LOWER LEVELS in case they haven't leveled RDM/RUN/BLM for the runs.
    I remember the battles well. I did every one, and yes, I worked to stock up on all the stuff that I needed, waited for the best day to fight, etc. But that was why getting each and every one was so fun. It was an achievement. Everything is already so easy in today's world, a smn could get to 99 with just carby anyway. That said, if people really want to trivialize getting their avatars by using trusts, I don't have anything against it since folks don't have to call them. Unfortunately, I think most would take the expedient way without realizing what they are missing. They won't feel the joy of getting each avatar when it's just handed to them, not earned. It just seems sad no one really wants to enjoy their jobs anymore. It's all rush to get done.
    (0)

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally I considered completing the 20 cap smn fights as a rite of passage. I really felt like I deserved the power my pets bestowed me. Leave those alone. In fact I would feel better if there were more 20 cap battles for beginning players and players willing to test their mettle stripped of all but the basics. Some kind of reward could be offered too in the same vein as the SMN fights. Access to new abilities or changes to current abilities to improve them something like that.
    (1)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kylani View Post
    I can't imagine trusts being added. Since it was designed to solo, it seems like trusts would add way too much help to that solo battle.
    So were the Job limit break fights.... and, yeah!
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 08-11-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Theres a cap on besieged?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    Theres a cap on besieged?
    No, but you can't use trusts which is one of the things mentioned in the original post.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I always enjoy/enjoyed attempting to solo a lot of the BCNM's. Soloing BCNM 20's on SMN was fun (ie shooting fish). It requires tactics, timing, and somewhat skill. Lets not make the game any easier.

The other problem you will face with your suggestion is that in order to activate your trusts, you obviously have to hit the mob first. If I recall, most BCNM etc etc are multiple mobs, so you are going to get all the aggro as you run up and hit a mob to activate the trusts. Which will more than likely result in death anyway.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast