Character
    Coderjunky
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 55

New Player Returning!!

Hey guys!
    It's been a while but I've finally returned to the FFXI world. Just curious what the most populated server was, I know the game's old, but bahamut seems completely dead?
    Looking forward to catching you all in game!
    (1)

There's no reason to play on any server other than Asura. See you there.
    (2)

Character
    Coderjunky
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 55
    Thank you sir! Did some further research Asura seems to be where it's happening. Already there right now, see you in game
    (0)

People have been saying to come to Asura for over a year.

There are still less people on Asura than there were last year, whatever their ideas are they aren't really working. For numerous reasons but mainly because people who move don't have all their problems solved by doing so (you're just as likely to not get invited to anything on Asura as anywhere else).
    (2)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I play on Odin

Most of the well-known Linkshells and top-tier players that I am aware of are on Odin, Asura, and Quetzalcoatl. I've become friends with several of them, and from my experience, they are all very willing to give great advice and answer questions if you're nice to them. They are all really great at the jobs they play, so perhaps your server choice could depend on what you want to do.

Llewelyn is in my social LS on Odin and also has a very good Event LS with many good players. If you like soloing, Mischief is also on Odin, and he has accomplished many very impressive solos with Scholar and Blue Mage! (Youtube: Mischief17).

I'm sure Asura has many very notable players and LSes, but I've never played on Asura. If you like Blue Mage, I think Spicyryan is on Asura. Extremely knowledgeable Blue Mage player, and has lots of guides and videos as well.

If you like playing pet jobs, there is a very well known Pet LS on Quetzalcoatl called BzerozerotyPirates, and I believe they are pretty inclusive to pet job enthusiasts. They are very good too. Falkirk and Beaztmaster are both very good Beastmasters, and Trulusia is an excellent Puppetmaster (Youtube: lethalfalcon08, Tr3s1no). I believe Quetzalcoatl has a smaller population than Odin and Asura though.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    People have been saying to come to Asura for over a year.

There are still less people on Asura than there were last year, whatever their ideas are they aren't really working. For numerous reasons but mainly because people who move don't have all their problems solved by doing so (you're just as likely to not get invited to anything on Asura as anywhere else).
    You're right when you say players don't have all their problems solved when they server transfer - the whole 'grass is greener...' line of thinking - but it's silly to say the likelihood of getting invited to anything is the same on Asura as it is on every other server because that's just plain false. Generally speaking, there are far more people wandering around, interacting with each other on Asura, both in town and out in battlefields, and the economy is naturally more active. If it wasn't for Ambuscade's abysmal design and having unfortunately become the main event month in and month out I reckon there'd be much less resistance against server transferring to Asura. It's all a bit ironic when you think about it.
    (0)

Player
    I can help pass the pearl if you still in Bahamut. We still have quite active social LS. Never dead whenever I'm returning for free login campaign. Just help remind me since I tend to be forgetful sometimes. ^^;
    (0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 08-14-2016 at 04:00 AM.