Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

trust damage broken in latest update?

I'm unsure on if its a bug or not, so posting here to gather other people's observations. Was playing with trusts, one of which was chacharoon i had just unlocked recently. he was hitting.... for 18-23 damage on reisenjima mobs and hurkan. his sand throw only did 230 damage, though once it did 2300 to hurkan for some reason. "ok, no biggie" i thought. just yet another terribly weak trust in the massive lineup of such. (seriously, can we PLEASE have a dev member go through and observe trust damage? most of them are so weak a frog jug would outparse them. from a level 75 beastmaster. in endgame content.) tried abenzio. melee hits for 23 damage. tried morimar and darrcuiln for fun, and because i knew they were weak. 50-80 hits, which seemed off because morimar at least usually hit for 150ish. then he weaponskilled...for 20 damage. then darrcuiln for 0 (ZERO) damage.

at this point i am more than suspecting something is wrong. then i noticed shantotto's melee hits for 670ish, when i am fairly sure she used to hit for 1200ish in reisenjima. zeid II? 150ish a hit unless he's using souleater, and 1-2k ground strikes at 2-3k tp when i remember him usually doing 2-5k. prishe and prishe II? hitting for 23 a hit. (this 23 number seems to be showing up a lot for some reason.) at this point i know something seems wrong because while prishe was weak, i don't recall her being that weak.

Im i going crazy, or are other people having trust issues?

::edit:: and now i just had a heavenly veela spawn on me, and it died in about 8k damage dealt to it according to log. that also strikes me as massively off, as normally they seem to have several times that amount of HP. this one died in seconds.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Psion; 08-07-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think it depends on the timeframe you are basing that trust damage on. We have had several campaigns so I cant keep track, but some of them boost trust stats.
    (0)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    trust basis was on nonboosted months. (and as far as i know, the only stats boosted were hp/mp, other than the one time it was bugged and their other stats were boosted for a while too, resulting in shantotto of doom syndrome)

i think during THAT gem she was hitting for like 2k a round with her hits, lol.
    (0)

Trusts are = to your own ilvl, so if you aren't i119 or you are using equipsets with non i119 armor, your trusts will be lower level. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I've heard that there is some level 75 armor from one of the mini-expansions that has something for pet classes on it which I know you play - perhaps that's it?

You may want to check your equipsets to make sure they have the appropriate equipment in them. Recently my power was knocked out and when I logged back in my macros were messed up so I loaded them from the server. Sadly I repeatedly found that my backup was older than I thought, and I kept finding equipsets that had outdated gear in them. ;\
    (0)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    it wasn't that, im afraid. it was the first thing i checked, and both times i was in ilvl119 average. my automaton doesn't need to tank reisenjima mobs, so there's no need for an anwig salade. instead i was in ambuscade +1 armor, ohtas, and herc gear.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Can't speak for those weak trusts but yeah that Zeid is a bit low but that shantotoo sounds right what it's usually been unless you got a geo. Only time I remember it doing 1200s without buffs/debuffs was when it was broken and it took something like malaise to get to 2k.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    I'm unsure on if its a bug or not, so posting here to gather other people's observations. Was playing with trusts, one of which was chacharoon i had just unlocked recently. he was hitting.... for 18-23 damage on reisenjima mobs and hurkan. his sand throw only did 230 damage, though once it did 2300 to hurkan for some reason. "ok, no biggie" i thought. just yet another terribly weak trust in the massive lineup of such. (seriously, can we PLEASE have a dev member go through and observe trust damage? most of them are so weak a frog jug would outparse them. from a level 75 beastmaster. in endgame content.) tried abenzio. melee hits for 23 damage. tried morimar and darrcuiln for fun, and because i knew they were weak. 50-80 hits, which seemed off because morimar at least usually hit for 150ish. then he weaponskilled...for 20 damage. then darrcuiln for 0 (ZERO) damage.

at this point i am more than suspecting something is wrong. then i noticed shantotto's melee hits for 670ish, when i am fairly sure she used to hit for 1200ish in reisenjima. zeid II? 150ish a hit unless he's using souleater, and 1-2k ground strikes at 2-3k tp when i remember him usually doing 2-5k. prishe and prishe II? hitting for 23 a hit. (this 23 number seems to be showing up a lot for some reason.) at this point i know something seems wrong because while prishe was weak, i don't recall her being that weak.

Im i going crazy, or are other people having trust issues?

::edit:: and now i just had a heavenly veela spawn on me, and it died in about 8k damage dealt to it according to log. that also strikes me as massively off, as normally they seem to have several times that amount of HP. this one died in seconds.)
    The trusts on this game are weird period. It's not just their damage outputs - which seems to randomly jump around depending on which update was last but their defenses do as well.

For example: last month when I did a certain battlefield with Amuchuchu she was nearly being one-shotted and it was struggle to keep her alive. I did the same battlefield this month with the same set up and she tanked it with ease, barely requiring any attention outside of regen and an occasional cure 3.

Either they are just extremely buggy and their stats jump all over the place or the developers experiment with them. I don't know which is the answer but to answer your question: no - you aren't going crazy. The trusts on this game have issues and they are not consistent.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 08-17-2016 at 03:33 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    The trusts on this game are weird period. It's not just their damage outputs - which seems to randomly jump around depending on which update was last but their defenses do as well.

For example: last month when I did a certain battlefield with Amuchuchu she was nearly being one-shotted and it was struggle to keep her alive. I did the same battlefield this month with the same set up and she tanked it with ease, barely requiring any attention outside of regen and an occasional cure 3.

Either they are just extremely buggy and their stats jump all over the place or the developers experiment with them. I don't know which is the answer but to answer your question: no - you aren't going crazy. The trusts on this game have issues and they are not consistent.
    Trusts were also affected by the recent VITefense ratio change. Most likely on par with what pets got, which was actually a tripling of the amount of defense gained from VIT.

OP: Hurkan is clvl115, Reisenjima mobs are ~125-127 mark iirc. The difference in level could explain why Chacharoon hit higher than you expected. Hurkan is thunder based, Sand Throw is earth based, so elemental weakness can also come into play. He is pretty weak in general btw, but he does have an amnesia TP move so can rarely still have his uses. Shantotto II has magic dmg melee hits, and they change elements based on day or mob weakness iirc, which is why she hits pretty hard on most stuff. If the target puts up Shell, her melee hits will hit for less.

For some of the less common explanations, did you change your Cheer? :x Some of them give some very noticeable improvements to trusts, and might be forgotten when troubleshooting.
    (0)