Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    You have said that you don't want to give 100%, so stop complaining.

A lot of people have 2100 JP jobs. A great number of people have more than just one or two.

There are some people, like me, who turn stars off because they dislike them, don't like the clutter, or realize that stars alone really don't mean that much.
    This isn't about me, try not to make everything personal. You are replying to what I said as if I'm wrong, so you're saying that the majority of players of this game have capped out their Job points? Maybe that's why nobody is ever at Apex camps on Asura, because everyone is SECRETLY capped. It all makes sense now.

As I said, a small minority of people can cap out a new job with job points in a month, most players will never cap out.
    (1)

It's not trying to make everything personal. You freely admit you want a more relaxed experience and want to see Apex mobs nerfed.

Although most "top-tier" players have 2100 on their most prized jobs, having 2100 has nothing to do with being top-tier. Heck, I see people with 2100 on jobs that they have no idea what they're doing.

Edit: Has a census ever released how many players have 2100 jobs, have multiples? To support either of our arguments?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I'd rather they just make it full time, particularly double CP. Not that I think normal CP is slow, but because we've had twice as fast, it feels slow.

And that would be a buff to everyone, no matter what time of day you play, how often you play, how often you choose to CP and where you choose to do so.
    I wanted it at one point, too, because I generally hate sitting still and killing the same mob type over and over for hours, regardless of whether it's with friends or strangers, so I run around soloing in Reis sometimes and knocking out Ascended mobs while I'm at it, but it would make the climb from 0 to 2100 for parties a bit of a joke, something a player with a lot of time on his/her hands could knock out in the span of a weekend. It makes me wonder what the line of thinking is on the dev team's end, too. They say they want that 2100 JP achievement to have taught players the ins and outs of their job by the time they obtain it, yet we keep getting these CP events thrown at us? Realistically, we both know no one is truly mastering their job in CP parties anyway, but it does make me wonder.

This emphasizes the point I made about campaigns a while back and how I've come to hate them because once you've taken part in one chances are you no longer want to touch the content until another campaign comes around. It's really hard to blame anyone for it. This game is one giant grind and it's only normal that the majority of players will want to cut corners when presented with the opportunity.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Now in response to your original post BB, I could get behind a CP weekend being part of every event , with 10 day or 2 week events less frequently. I don't agree with another post saying just make it permanent, but more frequent campaigns would be good.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I wanted it at one point, too, because I generally hate sitting still and killing the same mob type over and over for hours, regardless of whether it's with friends or strangers, so I run around soloing in Reis sometimes and knocking out Ascended mobs while I'm at it, but it would make the climb from 0 to 2100 for parties a bit of a joke, something a player with a lot of time on his/her hands could knock out in the span of a weekend. It makes me wonder what the line of thinking is on the dev team's end, too. They say they want that 2100 JP achievement to have taught players the ins and outs of their job by the time they obtain it, yet we keep getting these CP events thrown at us? Realistically, we both know no one is truly mastering their job in CP parties anyway, but it does make me wonder.

This emphasizes the point I made about campaigns a while back and how I've come to hate them because once you've taken part in one chances are you no longer want to touch the content until another campaign comes around. It's really hard to blame anyone for it. This game is one giant grind and it's only normal that the majority of players will want to cut corners when presented with the opportunity.
    Its kind of like what we in the snack food industry called "devaluing your product." The price of a 4 oz bag of chips is $1.59, yet it is ALWAYS on sale for $1.09 EVERYWHERE. By doing this, you have lowered the value of your product from $1.59 to $1.09. Same with 2 liter bottles of soda. Who pays more than 99 cents when someone ALWAYS has them for 99 cents? lol. So yeah, once you get that triple CP, who wants to do it at the regular rate?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    They say they want that 2100 JP achievement to have taught players the ins and outs of their job by the time they obtain it, yet we keep getting these CP events thrown at us? Realistically, we both know no one is truly mastering their job in CP parties anyway, but it does make me wonder.
    Truth is most jobs don't learn much on the way to master. I meet plenty of people proudly displaying those 3 stars who can't tank, or can't do anything but ws every time they get 1k tp or might -na you, might not.

On CP, I agree. On other things.. not so much. The supply of HP Bayld is ridiculously starved outside of campaigns. The only major supply is reive bots. Double/Triple CP should be made permanent and never enhanced again.

Someone said it best, I forget who though.. "[Most] campaigns make outdated events like WKR, VW, etc tolerable to farm". It's hard sometimes find 3 people to farm voidwatch, let alone 18. Yeah /fume exists but you can still have a frustrating time getting a proc you can hit. If a human isn't the tank, you might have a frustrating time /fume'ing.
    (3)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah the permanent thing I don't think is needed. With Rov+maybe 3/7ish Mission bonuses and a few of the reive bonuses i'm getting 12-15k CP a kill without a ring. Hell I wouldn't even mind 1 day a month with double CP. I'd rather that over one every 3 months.

EDIT: Hell yes to the WKR and VW campaign that needs to be permanent it is such a chore to make an idris it makes no sense. We already have to wait 6 months to start it then we have to spend another 5-6(if that) farming the HPB unless you have a crap load of money. Even then with the money the supply on the server if close to nothing.
    (3)
    Last edited by BBWallace; 08-09-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ugh, HPBs....and I thought farming HMPs was bad.......
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    This isn't about me, try not to make everything personal. You are replying to what I said as if I'm wrong, so you're saying that the majority of players of this game have capped out their Job points? Maybe that's why nobody is ever at Apex camps on Asura, because everyone is SECRETLY capped. It all makes sense now.

As I said, a small minority of people can cap out a new job with job points in a month, most players will never cap out.
    It becomes a question of motivation for getting 2100 JP at this point then. If you don't want to do group activities, what do you need JP so badly for anyway? Same goes for gripes with how the +1 Ambuscade gear requires far more grinding to get than the NQ gear. Unless you're doing Sinister Reign, or Escha/Reisenjima T3 or HELMs (all things that require groups) you NEVER need the bonuses available on the top tier gear. If you refuse group play, you will never have a need for the bonuses available from JP.

For the overwhelming majority of content in the game now, you don't need 2100 JP or 1200 accuracy. You only need them for party events, which you freely admit you don't like anyway. For some of you guys complaining about how unfair it is, I get the feeling the only thing you're really after is the satisfaction of seeing your /checkparam stats.
    (4)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2