Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Overhaul of Ammo for Range Weapons & Ninjitsu Tools

Heya

I thought I would like to start this thread to get some ideas. As I have been playing this now for 10 years, there are a few jobs I have avoided simply because they are far too expensive for me to level up, namely RNG, COR & NIN. I expect for several players, these have been overlooked due to this but I think we should give them a chance to see what they can really do & I would like to level them up.

I think an overhaul is in order so to do this, I suggest that all ammo/arrows/bullets/die/cards, etc. & ninjitsu tools should change to be very much like normal weapons (reusable), except in the ammo slot, of course. Obviously, these will be obtainable in the normal way as normal weapons (AH, shops, drops). I think this will get us to play around with COR & RNG and we can properly get our ninjitsu skillups done. Also, as the ammo gets better, the development team can play around with all kinds of stats on them at all levels.

What do you guys think? Thanks.

Richard
    (0)
    Last edited by RichLester; 08-07-2016 at 02:41 AM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As some who plays rng it isn't very expensive. With Scavenger+Capped Recycle(Which is hella easy to get) you should not be running out of ammo. And isn't there a universal card for cor and universal tools? You can get those from the Curio Moogle which they sell for what 1-3k a stack?
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Universal Card is only available from the NPC in Nashmau. It's way more expensive than 1-3k a stack. :/
    With some Adhemar and other gear, I think you can get a decent amount of recycle on COR.
    (0)

Player
    Basically, back in FF14 1.0, archers need to restock their own arrows. Come 2.0, bows are now equipped with infinite arrows, thus eliminating the need to equip arrows on sub-weapon slots.

I assume this is what OP want with FF11?

While I do personally miss being able to craft my own arrows in FF14 and maybe making profits from market, having free spaces that used to be occupied by those does make it quite a relief (not to mention the extra effort to farm mats to make them). So... who knows...
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    AS others have mentioned, those jobs are not hard to level thanks to things like Recycle, Ninja Tool Expertise and universal tools/cards. There are also many job abilities that work towards/with ammo consumptions, such as ones that let you shoot stronger shots / cast stronger ninjutsu at the expense of more ammo/tools. All these would need to be reworked if they were to make unlimited ammo. Combined that with the way it affects economy, it is just too much work for effects that may not even be that positive. It's not really a mere quality of life adjustment.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Player
    In addition to what others have said, it's also quite acceptable to use lv1 ammo while leveling/skillup if you are not in a group. No reason to spend a fortune on ammo if no one benefits besides you if you are willing to take that extra few seconds per kill.

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you compared RNG/COR/NIN costs for group play, the costs would actually be pretty minimal on a per battle basis for NMs. I would actually be surprised if any job was more expensive than BST ^^;; BST is constantly burning thru jugs (~2k per tiger), Reward pet food (~2k per reward), and Dawn Mulsums for the hard stuff (~20k each) AND has the lovely risk of burning up 200k-400k jugs on accident if one's equipped when you zone in and hit your Call Beast macro before your inventory is fully loaded. ^^ Rough estimate, but I'd say I spend somewhere around 20k-30k per fight on average, not including the stuff I'd bother to use Dawns for.

edit: Forgot to mention that most non-top-tier ammo is available from curio moogle as well. Given how easy-access gil is nowadays, the cost for all non-endgame stuff can actually be pretty low for NIN/COR/RNG. COR would definitely be the most expensive of the three though due to the cost of dice to learn rolls being sourced only from NPC vendors. Before anyone gripes about gil, don't forget that sparks:gil ratio is 1:10, and a capped load of sparks converts to 999,990 gil. Even if you don't play 24/7, it's quite easy to earn more than enough sparks to cover your ammo costs as it is. ^^

Might be nice if there was some way to change special/hard-to-get r/ex ammo so it wasn't used up on weaponskill use for non-RNG at least though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 09-06-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Basically, back in FF14 1.0, archers need to restock their own arrows. Come 2.0, bows are now equipped with infinite arrows, thus eliminating the need to equip arrows on sub-weapon slots.

I assume this is what OP want with FF11?

While I do personally miss being able to craft my own arrows in FF14 and maybe making profits from market, having free spaces that used to be occupied by those does make it quite a relief (not to mention the extra effort to farm mats to make them). So... who knows...
    I don't think that's what OP wanted, OP wanted the ammo to be equipable but you won't consume it after /ra or WS.

FFXIV ARR design it's going to be pretty hard to implement tbh. One of the major selling point for REMA ranged weapon is that you can use the REMA ammo on different weapon, if they remove the ammo from the game completely it won't be able to mix and match REMA ammo anymore.

Also a reusable ammo would also make recycle gear/job trait completely useless, I don't know if it's possible to do a complete overhaul like this at this stage.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Maybe only make Weaponskills use up ammo? :O
    (0)