Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

So what exploit is this?

On Siren I see a steady stream of 'naked' characters (mainly Taru) with 5/6 character names (not keymashed like RMT usually do but clearly there's a pattern to the names after you've watched them for a while), /anon and no LS, talking to the RoE NPC Isakoth, especially but not exclusively in JP prime time.

I presume they're exploiting some way to get easy sparks, perhaps by botting new character creation to complete the easy 'Tutorial' RoEs?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 08-06-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Good profit really

99,999 Sparks = ~1,000,000 Gil. Basically 6,000,000 Gil for all 6 characters, and if you take advantage of the Sparks of Eminence quest Gain EXP or Deal 500+ DMG, really quick too.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    On Siren I see a steady stream of 'naked' characters (mainly Taru) with 5/6 character names (not keymashed like RMT usually do but clearly there's a pattern to the names after you've watched them for a while), /anon and no LS, talking to the RoE NPC Isakoth, especially but not exclusively in JP prime time.

I presume they're exploiting some way to get easy sparks, perhaps by botting new character creation to complete the easy 'Tutorial' RoEs?
    It's not an exploit, you can cap sparks out in a couple of hours easily if you're doing aoe.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    .. Incoming gimped prices :P
    (0)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I have mixed feelings on sparks-to-gil. On one hand, I know that it contributes to inflation since a vendor sale. It introduces gil into circulation without removing any. On the other hand, I shamelessly abuse it myself lol..

I try to justify it by thinking, "well.. turning in RME currencies contributes to deflation, so it balances out, right?"
    (0)

Player
    Shyles, actually no, turning in RME currencies don't reduce the amount of GIL in circulation, it reduces the amount of RME currencies in circulation, so, in theory, it only drives up their prices a bit~

Things like buying food from the moogle vendor though works ^^
    (1)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Shyles, actually no, turning in RME currencies don't reduce the amount of GIL in circulation, it reduces the amount of RME currencies in circulation, so, in theory, it only drives up their prices a bit~

Things like buying food from the moogle vendor though works ^^
    I guess you're right, I was wrong about that part. I guess gil isn't truly taken out of circulation until it's given to an NPC. Hmmm. So what are the gil sinks then.. Well I guess there's HP warps! Yes, I need to warp around a lot so that I don't cause too much inflation! .... brb.. zone.. zone.. zone..
    (1)

Player
    A gil sink that was worth the investment would be pretty awesome actually.
    (0)

The mog lottery takes a ton of gil out of circulation, I can't find the link atm but it was a huge amount taken out of the game.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    I don't see the AoE explanation holds for the characters I'm looking at, almost without exception their title is "The Trustworthy" which a new character gets as soon as they unlock Trusts. Obviously it's not possible to determine the level of a naked/anon character but I'm pretty sure these are low-level so how could they be getting 99,999 sparks by AoE farming in any time-frame?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast