Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I would be happy even if one or two things in Sertha's post were implemented. For me I would at least be happy if they gave us two things:

1) Mallets: A consumable to clear amnesia. It's only fair since mages get echo drops. Though SE has been pretty stubborn about not giving us a consumable for amnesia for some reason.

2) Diminishing Returns on status effects. As an example, say that you're against an NM that spams an AoE Slow, and there's a DR for Slow that lasts 3 mins. If hit a second time with Slow within that time period, it is half duration. If hit 3 or more times within 3 mins, it is completely resisted. After the 3 mins the DR resets and the next Slow is full duration again. This is fairly common as a balance element in many MMOs, so it might be a good addition to FFXI as well.

I'm not going to hold my breath for either lol.. But it would be nice.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Isn't the death trap AoE large enough that you can't avoid getting hit anyway, negating one of the biggest advantages of SCH? Not sure why Zeldar even brought it up. Its advantage in this fight is just being able to create a SC instantly when Kist uses Manafont but I don't see why a melee couldn't. I just don't bring melee to that fight because you want elemental damage to remove Zombie.

Congratulations to OP for using correct bar spells and resisting Poison. Not to rip on OP too much but it's kinda like a guy wearing a baseball cap saying "when I turn it around, the visor protects my eyes from the sun!" I just feel that it's super obvious to use bar spells during fights. You didn't mention equipping any special resist gear (such as the cape dropped by that very mob) for your fight right? Sorry if I am missing something super obvious.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Not to rip on OP too much but it's kinda like a guy wearing a baseball cap saying "when I turn it around, the visor protects my eyes from the sun!"
    You'd be surprised.
    (2)

LMAO

Also, your Barspells mean poop without Enhancing Magic skill. And I forgot to mention that there are Cheers that provide status ailment resistance, I know of Resist Amnesia +10 in particular.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    I still see many complaints about the debuffs that enemies use so I thought I would provide a little advice.

The example I'm mostly going to reference is one that actually happened just this evening. Me and a few LSmates have been throwing our faces @ Golden Kist the past few days, as it's the last T1 kill we needed. He's universally accepted as the hardest (read: most annoying) Reisenjima T1 NM.
    Golden Kist is the toughest of the T1s, sure, but he's clearable by, most of the population that actually does Escha/Reisenjima, when people are complaining about current endgame being too hard, he's not even what people are considering part of the problem, that's what's so humorous about this post in the first place, though he is a decent example of why melee aren't used in the even harder stuff.

My point is, I use my Barelement and Barstatus spells religiously. --- I'm not sure how widely known this fact is, but Barelement spells actually also help protect you from status ailments. --- I was using Barpoison and Barwater since poison is of the water element.
    I thought it was pretty widely known that Barelement spells help prevent their related element's status effects, using them, along with Indi-Attunement and Geo-Vex can be quite effective at resisting the lower-level NMs status ailments, however, as the NM levels rise, it becomes quite difficult to resist, even with resist sets (which will harm a DD's ability to DD quite a bit when using).

However, ever since the Staunch Tathlum came out, I've been testing wearing it full time.
    Staunch Tathlum is a GREAT piece, I wouldn't go so far as to say I fulltime it, but, I certainly wear it a lot, I melee in it a lot, even, but the issue is, from what I can tell, if that's one of the harder mobs you've done, is that you've yet to hit the mobs that really trump your gear/buffs in terms of Macc vs Meva.

So here's my thoughts on this whole enemy debuff thing. Don't be afraid to sacrifice a little DPS for utility.
    Blu says hi, the community has already more than shown they're happy to sacrifice some DPS for utility, or Blu wouldn't be as popular as it is, there are multiple jobs who, with tuned situations definitely outdamage Blu, but Blu brings so much utility to the table, which is why it's as popular as it is.

That said, I do believe that the degree of enemy debuffs could be made a little bit easier on the community. For example, Traits could possibly become a little better. I've also thought it would be neat if those Traits were improved via our job specific equipment like Artifact or Empyrean. You never really see any Resists on any of our normal equipment, it's always a separate piece with probably no other stats so it never gets used. To be fair though, most of the Resist gear goes in accessory type slots so they make less of an impact on your overall performance.
    I think the vast majority of us agree that melees are in a poor spot in endgame, and something should be done, adding more resist traits to gear might not be a bad thing, but Magic Evasion is already on all of that gear, resist is just effectively a more targetted version of that.

Last night we were attempting Warder of Courage again, when it uses Soul Voice, it becomes extremely hard to deal with, keep in mind, we were using a Run tank, with all Charm Resistance gear, a Geo with Vex/Attune up, and a Bard with Light Carol II (who had soul voice buffed then dropped party before the pop) the Geo even 2hred (After the charm buffer the tank used wore), we resisted a good portion of charms, each time, but eventually one landed on the Run, and once that happened, noone else really had a chance of resisting, this has happened on every attempt, we can deal with all of it's other moves, (though Benediction can be annoying) charm is what really always seems derail us, we've also tried tanking it with a Pld using charm buffer and then fealty, with no success there either.
    (2)

6. 08-07-2016 01:24 PM

Player
    I think that Remedies should work through paralyze. You shouldn't have to sit there re-using it 30 times on a potent para.

I don't understand why people would have a problem with players getting proper diminishing returns on enfeebles cast on them. Especially in the cases of amnesia or encumber, they're typically attached to spammable TP moves and there is almost nothing you can do to combat that. The moment they wear they'll get reapplied for full duration or close to it. It is infuriating. I can tolerate enfeebles I can remove like para/slow/silence/etc, but lockdown enfeebles like Amnesia/Encumber/etc are just garbage.

I think you could alleviate some frustration if you gave people amnesia/encumber removal consumables and allowed all consumables to work through para (remedies at the very least).
    (2)
    Last edited by Mookies75; 08-07-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Player
    ^ Agree, but also, charm!!!! ^
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmmm, a gradual resistance isn't a bad idea. Mobs have it, why not us? After a while, debuffs stop landing due to the mob building a gradual tolerance to that debuff. Giving it to players as well isn't a bad idea at all.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Actually forget to touch on AoE Dispels in my last post. Those can probably be considered the worst debuff of them all, especially when they clear everything. I know one of the RDM ideas I had in the past involved a spell that would absorb Dispel attempts. However, unless it handled multiple attacks (like Utsu), it'd still fall to spam if RNG hates you.
    (0)

Mass Dispel, as a RDM, is by far my worst enemy. I'd rather be Amnesiaed x10000000.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2