Thread: Legion drops

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Legion drops

With the implementation of ambuscade, it is nearly impossible to enter regular Legion now since they share the same zone. Ok, you wanted to kill that content, its fine with me (maybe not everyone though), but can we then get some of the legion-only drops added to something else? Where can a man get a penelopes cloth so I can use my jovian head? I think this was just an oversight on your part , but can it be passed on to the dev team please?
    (5)

Player
    I brought this up when Ambuscade first came out, and it's still an issue. The best solution IMO would be to reserve a single instance of Legion for the Legion event itself. That would prevent the total lockouts that occur for days on end now... I've got a feeling that the current queue system for Ambuscade also has higher priority than Legion entry, which means that the only times I've been able to get in are towards the end of a month and there aren't many people queuing up in Mhaura... Still means that I have to sit at the NPC spamming entry request until I'm lucky enough to get just the right moment when the queue is empty. As a worst case solution, we'd need an adjustment to the Legion entry system so that it is included within the Ambuscade queue so we are at least allowed to get in line with everyone else.
    (1)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is something that was probably overlooked, but does need to be addressed. The best option would be to separate actual Legion and Ambuscade into two different events. I would imagine that shouldn't be beyond the realm of reason. This also is directly impacting crafting of abjuration gears also, driving the prices up even more. Simply, because the demand far surpasses the supply of materials able to be farmed realistically in this situation. On a bit a a side note, would be nice if they would adjust VNM color change to be 100%, like that of abyssea. Seems a bit odd to have a separation of rules for the same system.
    (0)

Player
    Unfortunately, I'd bet that separation of Legion/Ambuscade would be impossible. Ambuscade was designed to operate inside Legion zone, so changing that would be tantamount to rewriting the event system itself. Given the amount of dev resistance to simple adjustments to the reward menu/system, I rather doubt there'd be any hope of an even larger change..

Reservation of 1-2 Legion instances for the event itself though should be quite possible and less complex to implement than changing Legion to utilize the entry queue. Demand for entry into Legion is not super high, so even with only a single instance reserved, at worst you'd have to wait until those inside got out if it was busy. As it is, during the first 2-3 weeks of each Ambuscade cycle it's very close to impossible to get into Legion even if you are the only player who wants to get in.
    (0)