Quest Reset NPC.

Hey Dev's, Here is an idea. Often I find I cant do one or more quest line, because another is still active. For example. I wanted to do Staff weapon skill quest, Blood and Glory. But as I have other weapon quests active, so I can not. I have one quest in my log that would interfere with this quest. Unlocking a Myth(BlueMage), which is for the wightslayer, and weapon skill expaction. And as far as I can tell, there is no way to either cancel this quest, or stop this quest line. And since it is open and active, there is no way to go forward on things I do want to do. Like staff. My question is why not add a NPC that can cancel or stop a quest all together. So that you may do another quest line, then maybe go back to it later. I have had the quest "The Rivalry" in my quest log since early 2005. It is for Lu'Shangs rod, we all know the Moat carp quest. My point is, why not allow me to cancel this quest, keep my carp tally, then let me come back to this quest when I can, and have more time to do said quest. Or in my case cancel my weapon or weapon skill quest's so i may continue on a quest I do want or need to do.
    (0)

Character
    Laverda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You can cancel the weapon skill quests at the original NPC.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Laverda View Post
    You can cancel the weapon skill quests at the original NPC.
    I can ? H,mmm I have tried that and no luck, even dropped the wightslayer ? SO maybe you are mistaken.
    (0)

For WSNM trials, you talk to the NPC and have the option to give up on the WS--then you trade the weapon back if I remember right. If you chunked the weapon, then you may be in a pickle and need a GM to assist you.

Not sure how the mythic line goes...never got around to mine. Logged my club, then stored it since I'm not done with Nyzul yet--static broke up ages ago and just never got back to it.

From the wiki:
    You can have multiple versions of the quest open at the same time.
    So, I guess there isn't anything blocking it--might need to equip the new weapon and talk to the guy in Jueno again, idk.

As ffor Blood and Glory, I think the only thing other than another WSNM trial being open, I think the only thing that would block you would be the Curses... questlines that lead up to Warp2, or maybe the MKD one. If one of these is still open, need to finish it so she will log it. The Errand one for the professor isn't supposed to block some other quests though, so it may not be affecting the Staff WSNM. Here is a link to Shantotto--might want to check your logs to see if one of these is open, and try closing them out to see if it fixes it:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Shantotto
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Mythic weaponskill quest don't interfere at all with the wsnm quest.
    Check to make sure you have 230+ staff skill and that you are on a job that can use the pole of trials.
    (0)

Figured this out, it was a job mistake. Blu Does not have staff skill. And there fore cannot trigger this quest.
    (0)

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I know it wasn't the point of the post, but that Lu Shang quest example made zero sense. Cancel it, keep your tally, and reflag it when you have more time to work on it? It doesn't get in the way of anything... you could keep it active for several years (as I have) and your tally would be kept, and work on it or not whenever you want.
    (0)
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801