Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    And your "point" about chironic set only goes to further explain why the latest ambuscade set has ACC/ATTK. Chironic hes RDM on it....a job intented to melee. It isn't accepted as a melee, but it was intended to melee. The merlinic and almeric sets were intended as nuking sets, therefore have nuking stats. You are just trying to make an argument to get whm and brd to be accepted as melee jobs, and they never will be. EVER.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm really not. As I explained before, I personally find melee to be incredibly monotonous. If WHM was required to melee in parties I wouldn't play it. I just take exception to people making sweeping statements to shut down a question that's perfectly legitimate.

In this thread it has been stated that the WHM/BRD/SMN set doesn't have melee stats because those jobs aren't melee jobs. I simply provided evidence that there are gear, weapon and ability options for those jobs that directly involve melee combat, including some that are exlusively for those jobs - the most notable of which are the relic-etc weapons.

I am not expecting SE to make jobs like WHM BRD SMN into melee jobs, nor do I want them to. I would like people to be open-minded when it comes to giving those jobs options and flexibility in appropriate venues, which includes letting people ask questions such as that posed by the OP. Shutting things down with simple statements doesn't help anyone.
    (3)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Simple questions are best answered simply. It doesn't always require a long complicated explanation to answer every question. When the answer to your question is simple, I will put it bluntly. I won't skirt around it. And the answer to this question is simple. If you don't want to melee on whm or brd, then why the long, drawn out argument? Just accept it and move on. I know I'm moving on from this thread....walking away with a sigh, shaking my head........
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    I'm really not. As I explained before, I personally find melee to be incredibly monotonous. If WHM was required to melee in parties I wouldn't play it. I just take exception to people making sweeping statements to shut down a question that's perfectly legitimate.

In this thread it has been stated that the WHM/BRD/SMN set doesn't have melee stats because those jobs aren't melee jobs. I simply provided evidence that there are gear, weapon and ability options for those jobs that directly involve melee combat, including some that are exlusively for those jobs - the most notable of which are the relic-etc weapons.

I am not expecting SE to make jobs like WHM BRD SMN into melee jobs, nor do I want them to. I would like people to be open-minded when it comes to giving those jobs options and flexibility in appropriate venues, which includes letting people ask questions such as that posed by the OP. Shutting things down with simple statements doesn't help anyone.
    Through FFXI's history there has been odd jobs on odd equipment, DRG on Rapier's, RDM on H2H (despite no skill) and so on just because this is the case doesn't mean you see these jobs using those weapons, in the same way you don't see melee WHM etc outside of leveling, because it's not the right way to do it.
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Through FFXI's history there has been odd jobs on odd equipment, DRG on Rapier's, RDM on H2H (despite no skill) and so on just because this is the case doesn't mean you see these jobs using those weapons, in the same way you don't see melee WHM etc outside of leveling, because it's not the right way to do it.
    Using the history of this game as precedent still doesn't really lend to Accuracy being compulsory on all Ambuscade gear. WHM has traditionally had very little access to melee gear and always required something of a specialized set with few alternatives. Without Reverend Mail, you couldn't really even be taken seriously. As has been pointed out in the thread already, for WHMs that want to melee, there already are options. Modestly good ones at that. Some of them, like Chironic body, are much more difficult to obtain. But, for that, there is Kaykaus body which does have some accuracy on it.

For any relevant content that can be soloed, like High tier battlefields, T1 and T2 Escha NMs, and T1 Reisenjima NMs, the gear already available is plenty enough. Maybe the accuracy from Ambuscade gear would close the gap for higher level content. But that begs the question, why you are meleeing those on WHM.

And your "point" about chironic set only goes to further explain why the latest ambuscade set has ACC/ATTK. Chironic hes RDM on it....a job intented to melee. It isn't accepted as a melee, but it was intended to melee.
    Now there's a contested point if there ever was one. Even ignoring the question of whether the job had the built-in resources to do it or not, the gear availability definitely sent mixed messages. All the job's JSE had titles that referenced swordsmanship, but never actually had any noteworthy melee stats. The availability also really waxed and waned, with the base game, ToAU, and SoA being much more melee-friendly. And CoP and the Abyssea era being much less so.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Using the history of this game as precedent still doesn't really lend to Accuracy being compulsory on all Ambuscade gear. WHM has traditionally had very little access to melee gear and always required something of a specialized set with few alternatives. Without Reverend Mail, you couldn't really even be taken seriously. As has been pointed out in the thread already, for WHMs that want to melee, there already are options. Modestly good ones at that. Some of them, like Chironic body, are much more difficult to obtain. But, for that, there is Kaykaus body which does have some accuracy on it.

For any relevant content that can be soloed, like High tier battlefields, T1 and T2 Escha NMs, and T1 Reisenjima NMs, the gear already available is plenty enough. Maybe the accuracy from Ambuscade gear would close the gap for higher level content. But that begs the question, why you are meleeing those on WHM.
    ? I wasn't saying it was, my post was, basically, just because a job is on something doesn't mean they're actually intended to use it/play it like that. (Hence H2H on RDM)

Now there's a contested point if there ever was one. Even ignoring the question of whether the job had the built-in resources to do it or not, the gear availability definitely sent mixed messages. All the job's JSE had titles that referenced swordsmanship, but never actually had any noteworthy melee stats. The availability also really waxed and waned, with the base game, ToAU, and SoA being much more melee-friendly. And CoP and the Abyssea era being much less so.
    I think the main problem RDM suffered was the inclusion of BLU. While they started of on Mage and Light Armor sets as soon as BLU came it more or less cemented RDM being left off them.

As it stands RDM is beyond capable, just neglected on the gear front, IMO. That said they're probably in a MUCH better position now then they've been in for a very long time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 08-05-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I wouldn't melee on those jobs so I didn't even notice that the set was missing accuracy but for consistency's sake, there really should have been accuracy on every set. OP, it's possible that it was an oversight by SE so why not file a bug report just in case? You never know.
    (2)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ? I wasn't saying it was, my post was, basically, just because a job is on something doesn't mean they're actually intended to use it/play it like that. (Hence H2H on RDM)
    I was probably unclear, but I was agreeing with you for the most part. Still, there was some specialized melee gear for WHM. The availability then vs the availability now is actually pretty consistent with that.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

I would have loved (and was hopeful for) a melee set for WHM that doesn't involve spamming a boring luck-based event, then spending millions of gil trying for decent augments. However, when it didn't have any accuracy on it, I was disappointed but I was not surprised, nor did I think SE missed something. It's obvious that as non-melee jobs, non-melee stats made much more sense.

Also, who's to say that these are all of the sets they'll make? Just because they reused the salvage gear skins/jobs, doesn't mean they won't make anything else. There's still hope.
    (1)

Eh, it seems like a reasonable question.

I'd never melee on WHM either but some decent melee gear for whm would be nice. To be honest, I'd never melee on RDM either, but I'm glad it has the option of the Morrigan's-skinned Ambuscade set. For a person who prefers to be on whm, it's nice when you get agro to participate effectively in melee.

On the flipside, Meghanada's (Ambuskadi) has BST on it and not a single pet stat anywhere on it. Usukane had some pet status but wasn't spectacular for pup.

+1 OP.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast