Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    And I agree : "oh this community" of people that want to constantly make things easy mode. I realize that making leveling easy mode is not your goal at all, but your suggestion would make something thats on easy mode already even easier.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Once again you're focusing on the exp boost that I'm not demanding over bringing ppl together and have you asked yourself why no one is around in them zones exping most the time? It's cause no one new or trying this game is seeing any reason to stay around. I never said let's make the game easier you did. You have beat around the whole point I made to argue something else that wasn't what I was aiming for. Please explain that for me real quick? Tell me why trust shouldn't cut into your exp but real people who decide to duo should? Sounds counter productive to me in a MMO no? Please do tell sir.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jblauh; 08-03-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Wow, if I were to come across a real person that was worse than a trust at any level, I would run the other way, and fast.
    Trusts come with capped skills, WSs beyond their level, special traits, and instant status removal. Players level too fast to bother getting proper gear, level-appropriate spells, or to cap skills. Very often they'll be better than real players at many levels. That said, I would still never pick a trust over a person, exp penalty or not.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    "Heck toss in a experience bonus per person"- this direct quote from your original post is what I'm responding to. It is what all of my posts are in response to. In an answer to one of the questions on the reddit AMA, they actually did state that this is a team game and they would prefer for people to team up. You are on track in wanting them to find NEW ways to encourage that, I just don't feel as though giving an exp boost for teaming up with a real player is the answer.

And yes Catmato, it is very sad but true that trusts really are better than some players. Its due to the simplification of the leveling system in my opinion. It may have been necessary in some way when they made this game a lot easier than it once was, but that doesn't mean we all need to like it, right? lol
    (0)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...ducer_akihiko/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...kihiko/d5qtzkn

I asked about this during the AMA. This was their answer:

Q: 実際のプレイヤーたちとパーティを組んだ場合、各プレイヤーが入手できる経験値が下がりますが、フェイスを呼び出してパーティを組んだ場合、彼らは新しい装備や魔法、スキル上げをしなくても便利に使える上に経験値ロスもありません。 これって逆じゃないでしょうか?実際にプレイヤー同士でパーティを組んで共に戦っているのだから経験値ロスをなくしたほうがよいのではないでしょうか? 友達と一緒にエンドコンテンツを遊べるまで、レベル1から99まで一緒にやる理由がほしいです。

A:フェイスはプレイヤーに追従する動きしかできません。人間同士のパーティの場合に経験値ロスがないと、共同して強い敵と戦うより、手ごろな強さの別々の敵をそれぞれ倒した方が効率がよくなると考えたので、今のような仕組みとなっています。

Alter egos can only follow players. If we didn’t put in EXP penalties when forming a party with other players, we felt that players would think it would be more effective to fight separate monsters rather than fighting stronger monsters together. For this reason, we have it set up the way it is now.

Essentially, they figure if we could party without EXP, we'd all just solo seperate monsters anyway and just get EXP as each other kills, rather than teaming up on the same monster. Trusts are so much better in stats than real players though, with how hard it is to find good equipment for your level on the AH, and the quests or NMs to get the best gear for that level taking longer than just leveling up more. Below 76, we don't have the stats anymore that a player of our level would have had 6 years ago. We also likely are capped on skills as much as we would have been, but trusts are always capped on skills and don't need to upgrade equipment or buy spells.

It seems backwards to me to have an EXP penalty at all. No bonus is needed, but having Trusts be better all around causes the effect that you noticed. People would rather decline a real person in the party if they can have 5 Trusts out.

The intent of the EXP penalty in the early years was to minimize the ability to powerlevel people, and to make harder monsters a more appealing target for a party, since EXP would slow down with more people when fighting Even Match, which was already difficult to fight solo after level 15 or so.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What they are saying is the same thing I said earlier: teaming up with real players means you can kill tougher mobs and kill them faster than with trusts. This leads to higher, faster experience points per hour. They are telling you to team up with real players and fight incredibly tough mobs rather than use trusts and kill tough mobs. Take the dunes example. Sure, you can kill crabs at level 20 with a full force of trusts and get decent exp. If you team up with 5 real players instead, you can move to TOUGHER mobs and get even MORE exp, like the ones in yuhtunga jungle. Its a balancing act: they want you to team up, but they realize that this isn't as common as it was back in the day. The game has died down. They needed to make it possible to level up solo pre-99 because there aren't nearly as many teammates available. It sucks for peoplle leveling up that they can rarely find parties of real people to level up with, but thats the state of the community. You aren't going to bring THAT many new faces into the game to make a difference on that front unless you offer it up for free.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I still don't get how you think I cant fight the super hard mobs with trusts, but I can with real people. I use a tank, Ayame to SC with me and Shantotto for back to back MB and I can take on whatever Incredibly Tough mobs reasonable for my level. I don't just spam Decent challenges, Even Matches, or Tough. So why you keep going on about that idk. Then we swing back to the exp. per person. Once again it was just a idea. No one put it in stone that that's how it should be you did. Was merely a suggestion and the point was just brining people together. I see you on other posts bro. I've seen this kinda stuff before. Youre them people who live and breath FFXI. Act like your gods gift to SE or something. Seen it tons of times through out the year. Just stop it dawg. The games on life support. Let it go. If something as simple as this brings even 5 people to keep playing the game that much longer then it should be something you should support. I'm all about difficulty. Ask anyone who knows me in my LS and they'll tell you how I'm always going on about wanting a old school server for that in particular. At this point though our goal should be bringing everyone together. We focus on endgame 24/7 then wonder why no one wants to pick this game up anymore. Well that's cause there is no middle or beginning game. Anyone who is coming back does so cause they have played before and know XI. Even then they leave as fast as they came back most the time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jblauh; 08-08-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nice assumptions about me. I'm simply trying to preserve the game I enjoy playing. I am none of the things you claim me to be, but whatever. Since you have read my posts you know that there are mostly about 1 core topic: I'm sick of people asking for things to be made easier for them. The part of your post I was responding to, as I have already stated, is where you suggested an experience bonus for teaming up with other people. You get enough experience to level from 1-99 in days. You'll do so and suck at your job. You want even more? You want to suck even more? Have at it, just don't be surprised if you aren't invited to things when you hit 99.

And yes, this game in its advanced age is all about endgame. Why? because you start doing endgame now weeks , sometimes days, after you are level 1.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well said BungiefanNA. I can agree with all that and you make great points with trusts having the advantage over real people.
    (0)

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Bro people coming back are all gonna suck at their job regardless and especially since there is no one to guide them on their way to cap. Let it go. Just a stupid point to even bring up nowadays when people can get to cap naked with trusts doing all the work. Idk also how you think I just jumped back into endgame again or something. I've just about done it all. You need some new material bro. Shocked you replied so quickly. You like live on these forums dude? lol
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast