Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    SCH skillchains are way more of a balance issue than BST pets ever were - so I think they should be given equal treatment.

It's just not reasonable and balanced for a mage job to take over the one and only thing melees have going for them.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookies75 View Post
    Maybe they could give MNK, NIN, SAM a trait that gives them a chance on hit to inhibit TP gain.
    Perhaps make penance's duration match chi blast's recast at 5/5 merits? Granted, that only helps when you bring a MNK.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    SCH skillchains are way more of a balance issue than BST pets ever were - so I think they should be given equal treatment.

It's just not reasonable and balanced for a mage job to take over the one and only thing melees have going for them.
    WHAT????? Do you forget what we call most melee's? DAMAGE DEALERS. Skillchains are a very important part of being a DD, but not the only part. Besides, does your SCH make double light? Well, our DDs do. We used DDs last night in escha. Admittedly they had issues hitting the belladona in ru'aun, but so did our top rangers. Other than that, they did very well.
    (0)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post

Since the time MBs got buffed, I think that as long as skillchain damage has no impact on MB damage, Immanence will continue to be abused. It makes no sense to me that the MB bonus is tied to the # of skillchain steps and not SC damage or levels. It makes it so that all that matters for an MB is for the skillchainer to be accurate. So we're comparing safe skillchainers to risky skillchainers... Unless you like unnecessary challenges, you would be crazy not to use Scholars for hard fights right now..

Change MB bonus calculations to be based on Skillchain Damage instead of # of steps, and that gimmick is fixed. Scholars can keep Immanence for smaller endeavors but it absolutely should not replace physical DD for SCing in hard events. I would gladly accept riskier NM strategies if it involved melee jobs actually being considered for them.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shyles; 08-05-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    But there IS a HUGE advantage to a 3 step skillchain. A. my bursts ARE greater for a higher level sc, and B. I can burst 3-4 times off of a 3-step. c. the SC damage and the damage leading up to it are much greater than a SCH sc could ever be. You guys are just hating on SCH for absolutely no reason at all. Whats next, complaining that a RNG or COR can SC without getting close?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    WHAT????? Do you forget what we call most melee's? DAMAGE DEALERS. Skillchains are a very important part of being a DD, but not the only part.
    DAMAGE DEALERS? LOL. Compared to magic bursts they might as well be kittens scratching the mob.

Skillchains are the melee part of the equation - magic bursts are the mage's part. Now that skillchaining and magic bursting is pretty much required for all hard content it is unfair for mages to be able to do both parts, especially as it stands now where SCH is MORE effective since they don't have to worry about TP or accuracy or standing in range. That's just not balanced.

I get it. You like Immanence cause you benefit from it.

But Immanence is 1000 times more unbalanced than BST distance strats ever were.

It is not fair and right for SCH to replace WAR DRK DRG THF DNC NIN MNK as skillchainers.

Just cause something has worked a certain way for a long time doesn't mean it is balanced for today's game. As it stands - Immanence is not.

I don't agree about just changing MB damage to scale off of damage from SC because that would make a lot of monsters a LOT harder, but I don't think melee will ever have a real place in content again as long as the Immanence easy button is available.
    (3)
    Last edited by Olor; 08-06-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just don't get what kind of horrible DDs you guys play with. I really don't. Maybe I should server swap to Asura to see it first hand. DDs can't be as bad there as you guys say. Oh I know: the good ones are out there doing, not in here complaining. And before you say "oh, its not that they are bad, its that they arent needed" or some bullcrap like that, if having a sch do your skillchains works out better for your group on most of these mobs, your DDs suck. They suck bad.
    (0)

DD needs to have enough accuracy to hit and a good enough DT set not to die
    a SCH needs to have stratagems

It's not a very equal playing field. DDs have a very high gear requirement to not suck.

I am sure there are lots of people with great DDs on Asura, but in terms of the average pickup, no one is going to intentionally choose to make their run harder.
    (3)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Awe, you mean a game designed around acquiring gear and character growth is requiring you to acquire gear and grow your character? Its a rediculous as the "I want to solo all the time in a multi-player game" arguement. Perhaps some people should really evaluate whether or not they are playing the right game.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Awe, you mean a game designed around acquiring gear and character growth is requiring you to acquire gear and grow your character? Its a rediculous as the "I want to solo all the time in a multi-player game" arguement. Perhaps some people should really evaluate whether or not they are playing the right game.
    Sure would be nice if we didn't push the remaining playerbase, regardless of how they play, away. Regardless of how solo-preference players play is irrelevant to the issue that some aspects of the game are far far weighted toward certain jobs.... If the BST nerf was needed, many more nerf's are needed as well...
    (3)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast