Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 131
  1. #41
    Player Catmato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605
    But if you're doing Normal, why waste your time finding a group when you could do it solo? I don't mean you personally, Rooj, but in general. Is it common to find 5 people with the right jobs idling in Mhaura waiting for a Normal shout?
    (1)

  2. #42
    Player Rooj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128
    That's the thing, Normal and below doesn't require "the right jobs." Pretty much any job in the game could main heal Normal and below with /WHM or /RDM or /SCH or /DNC. You could take a WAR/WHM in there and succeed.

    That's how a lot of my Ambuscade got done when I first started doing it. We'd take whatever was LFG, and if we couldn't fill the party up, we'd use whatever trust would round the rest of the party out. We'd go and spam the buhjeezus out of it while watching another group shout for a GEO for VD for an hour.

    You should still shout in between runs if your party isn't full. Shout once or twice, do the run. Shout once or twice, do the run. You can even shout while in queue now thanks to the newest update. Just let them know you'll invite them after the next kill.
    (0)

  3. #43
    Player Rooj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128
    Just saw a shout in Mhaura (a shout not a yell, sadly) for "Normal or Difficult" Ambuscade. 3/6.
    (0)

  4. 08-06-2016 12:17 PM

  5. #44
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Form the biggest PT you can and tackle the hardest difficulty you can. This month is really, really easy. People need to give themselves more credit. Gallantry is a thing and you can get up to 5 dyes with it.
    (2)

  6. #45
    Player Castanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    320
    Character
    Jacert
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    FFXI is a solo game with optional multiplayer in 2016. If that makes you mad you just have to learn to deal with it, it is what it is.

    As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. People who solo DO NOT WANT to group, it's just that simple.

    Also people who are mad and solo players making them wait would be mad about gimped groups taking too long if solo play was stopped, there is no pleasing the kind of people who complain and will always find something to complain about if they can't get what they want when they want it. Anyone that has played this game long enough knows the mentality of the playerbase.
    (2)

  7. #46
    Player Castanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    320
    Character
    Jacert
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookies75 View Post
    1) All third party tools are illegal. How exactly is your friend tri boxing? You're also telling me he's not using those fancy multi box scripts with 3 chars? Bull.

    Please be joking. I used to tri box back in the day, 2 computers (2 keyboards and 2 monitors side by side) & an xbox account with the controller on my lap.

    Do people really think all these people who multi-box are using bots or something?
    (3)

  8. #47
    Player Zeldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    328
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    But if you're doing Normal, why waste your time finding a group when you could do it solo? I don't mean you personally, Rooj, but in general. Is it common to find 5 people with the right jobs idling in Mhaura waiting for a Normal shout?
    Because with a group you will get it killed much faster and also get gallantry.
    (0)

  9. #48
    Player Zeldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    328
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    FFXI is a solo game with optional multiplayer in 2016. If that makes you mad you just have to learn to deal with it, it is what it is.

    As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. People who solo DO NOT WANT to group, it's just that simple.

    Also people who are mad and solo players making them wait would be mad about gimped groups taking too long if solo play was stopped, there is no pleasing the kind of people who complain and will always find something to complain about if they can't get what they want when they want it. Anyone that has played this game long enough knows the mentality of the playerbase.
    The developers of the game disagree with you 100% . If you don't believe me, read the reddit AMA again. They flat out said they still design the game as multi-player and intend for you to team up. Its laughable how wrong you are in your first line of this post.

    As for your last 2 lines, isn't it ironic that YOU are the one who started this thread, finding something to complain about?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeldar; 08-06-2016 at 07:40 PM.

  10. #49
    Player Castanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    320
    Character
    Jacert
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    The developers of the game disagree with you 100% . If you don't believe me, read the reddit AMA again. They flat out said they still design the game as multi-player and intend for you to team up. Its laughable how wrong you are in your first line of this post.

    As for your last 2 lines, isn't it ironic that YOU are the one who started this thread, finding something to complain about?
    I did, and I watched the videos interviews. What I came away from them with was that the developers want the game to be more group orientated but the producer thinks otherwise and he rules the house.
    (0)

  11. #50
    Player Zeldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    328
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please show me where the producers thinks otherwise.
    (0)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast