Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Returning player here.

Thoughts on this thing. Ok I did this Ambuscade because someone on a forum said I should do it for gear. I put it on very easy since I am solo use my 5 trusts it was pretty easy in that mobs did very little damage and it was just auto attack WS pretty much really no challenge or anything 3 mobs die in about 5 min. I get 50 hallmarks. Then I find the npc is only selling mage gear and I only play Paladin. I look up on the Wiki and it says the sets rotate every month. Which is not good game design at all.

Yea this is pretty dumb you can't get gear for the job you actually play. FFXIV is my main MMO now. This is basically the same thing as grinding tomes in FFXIV. Just imagine if you grind tomes in FF14 then can't buy the gear for your class. That would never happen people would rage. It's unacceptable to expect people to grind for a currency then make them wait 1-5 months until their jobs set comes up at the NPC to buy.

OK SE you want people to come back and sub to 11 but stuff like this really needs to change some of us only play 1 job and now you telling us we have to wait around 5+ months or something to even buy the gear?

I hope you take this feedback to the dev team. An event where you can only buy the gear you want once every 5 months just encourages people to un sub wait till the guy sells the gear you want then sub for that 1 month.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zumi; 08-18-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The only real problem with Ambuscade that I can see is that the rewards are so good it encourages people to spam it until they are sick of it.

Doing anything over and over and over and over again will get old.

I would suggest the obvious solution of putting a cap on the amount of times in a day people can do ambuscade while lowering the over-all amount of points required to purchase rewards. But then that would likely make it more difficult for others to find party members so this fix would probably do more harm than good. So I don't really had a good solution to offer at the moment.

After reading this thread there are few things I would like to add.

1. If you are using trusts then you are not technically soloing. I see this blanket term soloing used way too frequently. If you are using trusts then I believe you need to clarify that and describe which trusts you are using. To just say you can solo this or solo that is not particularly accurate, nor is it helpful. Because not all trusts are created equal.

2. I agree with those who say the focal point of this game should remain focused on group activities. Playing with trusts should be there as option when other players are not available. But it should never become this game's center of attention. Final Fantasy's XI's emphasis on group-style combat is really the only thing this game has going for it in the current market. To give that up would be a huge mistake.

3. To those who say ambuscade is too difficult or hard to get a group for: it's not really. Any modest effort should suffice. The event is extremely group-friendly. Try putting a successful group together to do something like Vagary if you think doing Ambuscade is difficult. That should give you some much needed perspective.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 08-17-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Greetings, everyone!

I’d like to pass on some comments from the development team in response to the suggestions in this thread.
    • Key items
      Currently no plans to change the way key items are obtained, and system-wise it would not be possible to make it so the monster targets change each day. Also, in regards to preparing various ways to obtain the key item, when repeating runs as a party, you’ll ultimately all be doing the same method to obtain it, and would likely choose the most efficient option. We'd like to hear additional feedback on what everyone feels would be an appropriate method to obtaining the key item.

• Area appearance
      Unfortunately we aren’t able to change the maps for Ambuscade. While it might be possible for us to place objects or add some variation inside of the instance, this would not be a proper solution. If you feel you are getting worn out while doing it, we recommend taking a break from Ambuscade to do something else, then come back when you are reinvigorated!

• Adding a reward NPC to other areas
      Since it’s not as simple as using the same exact NPC data, it would take a bit of work to do, but this might just be possible. We’ll take a look and see if we can accomplish this!

• Method to swap in differently augments capes
      Unfortunately from a technical perspective, renaming capes so that they can be macroed in is not possible. While it may be possible to create the same exact item with a different name, which can then be augmented, this would reduce the amount of space available for other new items. However, if you use your inventory and wardrobes, you can actually successfully swap in different types of capes.

• Purchasing Abdhaljs Seals with login points
      We can look into this; however, it would not be possible to transfer these between characters under the same account.

We’re happy to see all the feedback on Ambuscade and hope you continue to suggest ways to improve this content moving forward!
    (2)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Would really be good if you could add a roe quest which give a bonus on hallmarks when you are doing daily for example 50% extra hallmarks based on which difficult you are doing.

Add old gear to total gallantry because if ppl miss the 5 pieces they need to farm like 50k hallmarks 25k gallantry to cap on old gear.
    (1)

Player
    Actually I think adding some seasonal or themed objects inside the arena would be amusing like it is in the Mog Garden. Themed wall hangings or other sillyness that the battle planner comes up with etc. As long as it's not a time consuming change it could be a nice touch.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Key items
    Currently no plans to change the way key items are obtained, and system-wise it would not be possible to make it so the monster targets change each day. Also, in regards to preparing various ways to obtain the key item, when repeating runs as a party, you’ll ultimately all be doing the same method to obtain it, and would likely choose the most efficient option. We'd like to hear additional feedback on what everyone feels would be an appropriate method to obtaining the key item.

[...]

We’re happy to see all the feedback on Ambuscade and hope you continue to suggest ways to improve this content moving forward!
    I don't understand this. The constant need to go reacquire the key item is part of the drain on the fun. This is one of the parts that really needs to be improved. As I've said before, it takes longer to get the key item than to lose it.

You're right that whatever you make the most efficient option is the method we're going to use because beating up 10 mobs that are no danger in the slightest isn't any sort of fun.

Right now it's Set HP in Mhaura > Zone to obscure location noone would otherwise be in > Fight other groups for the same mobs (which admittedly isn't as bad this month since Ru'aun has so many arcana > kill 10 of these > zone back > zone in > prep for fight > kill in two minutes > zone back to mhaura. Repeat.

Each and every time.
    (4)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 08-19-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Is there any way we could have an expiring KI?
    You do the RoE to get the KI, then have it until JP Midnight or something.

I don't know if that would work.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Could pull a page from the Manaclipper's KI and let certain quests refresh X amount of attempts. Though, if I'm being honest, that hasn't really felt like the hassle of the process. Rather, the sheer number of runs you need to do, even on VD, to get the gear at a decent pace. The other consumables and perhaps new stuff can help keep people coming even when they're done with that phase.

I do feel like they should try to incorporate some kind of bonus for groups who include individuals with a small amount of total hallmarks. Right now, there's that whole MMO Catch 22 going on where people want you to have the gear (or better) just to participate. Some of this is because earlier difficulties reward diddly for the time, but more because better gear will translate to higher success rates. If the total average of the group is under some certain threshold, granting a bonus to everyone wouldn't be a terrible idea. The daily quest rewarding the consumable that doubles your reward for the next run wouldn't be a bad thing, either.
    (1)

Player
    Adding a hallmark bonus to the daily might just be enough to reduce the grind to bearable levels for most. Ambuscade feels like an event that we should be running 1-2x per day in order to get the full gear. For the most part, it's basically starter gear that will end up getting replaced rather soonish. In the begininning, it was positioned as something that would be rewarding to smaller groups and even soloists, so why has that turned out to not be the case? A lot of players who this gear would be upgrades for are in the position that no group wants to take them and it's quite unlikely that they are going to be able to solo anything above Normal.

Normal Ambuscade, Normal difficulty: 100hm/0gal per run... the body+1 is what, roughly 15000 total hm? That's roughly 150 runs per month. It's unreasonable to expect anyone to be happy with that large of a monthly grind. Perhaps add a daily ROE quest for your first Ambuscade completion per day that rewards 200hm/50gal, regardless of difficulty/volume completed. That would reduce the workload down to a somewhat more reasonable 90 runs of N/N per month to get the total hallmarks gear (provided you do it 3x per day, which might still be a bit much for some.. but that is assuming N/N for all runs.)

edit: I don't believe I've seen anyone else toss out this suggestion, so...

How about changing the entry system from KI > currency? Instead of giving us a single/unique Key Item, the RoE could instead add 1 to "Ambuscade Vol. 1" or "Ambuscade Vol.2" currencies, maybe capped ~10? (Higher might be nice to know for sure that you have enough for an hour's worth of Ambuscading, but 10 should be about right for that for most groups in my experience.)

This would allow the game-flow to shift from where it is now :
    find group > get KI > beat Vol.2 > farm 10x mobs > repeat
    into: kill lots of mobs > find group > beat Vol.2 x10 > repeat

Basically would shift the prep work of farming KIs from "during" to "before". Same number of mobs to kill overall, lots less zoning involved, and gives me a feeling closer to the old BCNM/orb days vs this annoying back<>forth between NM<>trashmobs which is oddly stressful/draining on a lot of us.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-21-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I don't understand this. The constant need to go reacquire the key item is part of the drain on the fun. This is one of the parts that really needs to be improved. As I've said before, it takes longer to get the key item than to lose it.

You're right that whatever you make the most efficient option is the method we're going to use because beating up 10 mobs that are no danger in the slightest isn't any sort of fun.

Right now it's Set HP in Mhaura > Zone to obscure location noone would otherwise be in > Fight other groups for the same mobs (which admittedly isn't as bad this month since Ru'aun has so many arcana > kill 10 of these > zone back > zone in > prep for fight > kill in two minutes > zone back to mhaura. Repeat.

Each and every time.
    My guess, to ease congestion? To make the content last longer?

I mean, Abmu feel intentionally designed to make long-lasting content with least efforts.
    (0)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast