Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Copied and pasted from the reddit summary;

Reaching the haste/delay cap is a major focus for melee, and aside from BLU it is very difficult to do this, which is why BLU is sought after so much. Are there any changes you can make to help the other jobs out in this regard?
    A: If you’re asking if we can make it possible so other jobs reach the haste cap while solo, then the answer is “no.” The premise of FFXI is to join together with fellow players and party up, even if there’s more room for freedom now.

Yeah, the answer was from Matsui, our current producer. So you were saying......?
    (0)

FFXI producer quotes:

"since ffxi is an mmorpg, party play is important but there is a part where I think we over did it."
    "some users were saying the party play was getting exhausting"
    "about half way through adoulin, I talked with the staff and we started thinking users were wanting something else"
    "the development staff always says they want the game to be solo-able but maintain the group aspect"
    "we want you to enjoy the balance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHMLvNquyAY
    7:28 , 28.23

Your post was about min maxing, you don't need capped haste to do content in ffxi.
    (0)
    Last edited by Castanica; 08-06-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ok, but where does that say "this is a solo game with some multi-player aspects" ? I see "party play is important" and "solo-able but maintain the group aspect." You like solo play, so you read in that what you want to read. On the flip side, I enjoy massive multiplayer action from my mmorpg, so I see the parts where they want to maintain group play. I guess the keyword we should both take away is "balance"
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Ok, but where does that say "this is a solo game with some multi-player aspects" ? I see "party play is important" and "solo-able but maintain the group aspect." You like solo play, so you read in that what you want to read. On the flip side, I enjoy massive multiplayer action from my mmorpg, so I see the parts where they want to maintain group play. I guess the keyword we should both take away is "balance"
    Because you can solo almost everything in the game, that makes grouping optional.

The difference is that solo players aren't telling you not to group, they don't try to shame party players for spamming the content. Only the YOU MUST GROUP players do these things.

Enjoy the balance, live and let live.
    (1)
    Last edited by Castanica; 08-06-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not saying that you must party, though I will admit , a solo person taking an ambuscade spot irks me a little. What I am saying is if you have a problem with the monotony of ambuscade, grouping up makes it a lot better, a lot more fun, a lot faster, and you get a lot more. If you want to solo it slowly fine, but don't complain that the rewards aren't coming fast enough or that you need to spend wayyyy too much time on it. I'm getting rewarded for playing a multi-player game with multiple players. Don't try to take that away from me because you're mad that I'm getting more done, faster, and better.
    (0)

I never ever go into ambuscade with less than 5 people and that's really rare. Partly because I want the gallantry and partly because a human is usually better in these fights than a trust.

Most groups that I go with are through the zone in under 2-4 minutes (buff time and everything). This month, 3 minute clear times are easy.

The monotony is still terrible. Endured, not enjoyed.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 08-07-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not entirely convinced people want to party even though there are the Gallantry benefits. Either that, or I'm the most horribly unlucky person alive LFG for multiple hours straight over the past few days with only one real good party to show for it. And just to head off the "Make your own!" counter, that included routine searches and keeping an eye on what shouts I could understand. People are still coming and going, though, as evidenced by the tome flares.

Still say they should just put a solo only version in Selbina or something. If it turns out you see enough people going at that, they could possibly unite and head over to Mhaura. If not, well, they're not holding up the other groups.
    (2)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thank you for making this months Regular Ambuscade VERY melee friendly. Fights take less than 4 minutes on the highest difficulty. The only problem is waiting to actually do the fight. This game has been out for over a decade. Many in the player base just don't have time to be waiting around. Also, there have been some other players that wander in to solo and stay in there creating an even longer wait. Its like they going in and just stay in there disengaged from battle.
    (1)
    Last edited by Numquam; 08-07-2016 at 01:32 AM.

10. 08-07-2016 03:08 AM

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just did my first ambuscade runs of the month. 3 blu just CDC spamming, a PLD, a GEO and a WHM... average kill under 1:40 on VD. This months is too easy, lol.
    (0)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast