Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Seriha, the bits about magic evasion are as best said as it can be. Good job.
    (1)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ambuscade should be more user freindly(solo wise) i won one battle and have not won again everytime ive tried ive failed on top of that i lost the HR i did get because of reset....i have not been a party player for a very long time sence b4 75 cap was lifted and 50 cap fights where lifted so i dont play party im old gaurde rdm and tend to do my own thing while helping new players or returning players.... acc gear for rdm is almost nonexistant .... trusts take cues from my Igear and hit accordingly unfortunatley they hit harder than i do and for everything to work right i shouldnt have to over work to get hate from trusts and then not able to survive hate once i get it... was once told "you cant get hate from me" my responce was "you called a timeout to apply Utesenmi?"
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    While I'd be the first to normally agree with this sort of attitude, we already have plenty of gear that is well out of reach of much of the player population.

Ambuscade is actively thwarts players from going at their own pace. And if we want to say it should take at least 20 hours to get a piece of gear, what should it matter whether it's 20 hours over two days or 20 hours over two months? The former already has the benefit of having more of the gear.
    Because the design like this rewards people does higher difficulty, such as intense or VD. From game design's POV, higher difficulty should yield better reward.

If someone doesn't have a lot of playtime within a month, a good way is to do intense which gives way more points.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Because the design like this rewards people does higher difficulty, such as intense or VD. From game design's POV, higher difficulty should yield better reward.

If someone doesn't have a lot of playtime within a month, a good way is to do intense which gives way more points.
    So getting it sooner, and with less dedicates hours isn't good enough for you?
    (1)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 08-30-2016 at 01:12 PM.

How about also letting players trade +1 vouchers to an npc for Abdhaljis Thread/Dust/Sap/Dye?

If each +1 voucher gave 5, 5, 2, and 2, it would take trading full +1 vouchers for a complete augmentation set.

Also, please consider the request made in the past, put an NPC in other areas, like Selbina and Kazam?
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Let's not argue over this. Magic evasion is a very important stat and that's much closer to fact than opinion.
    You're right. Very important stat. I really don't know what I would do without Magic Evasion on my gear. Clearly all of that ambuscade armor is crap because it lacks it. Who needs Accuracy/Attack and - Damage Taken when you can get + to magic evasion.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier to even begin to argue otherwise. Thanks for setting me straight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 09-23-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Yeah, seems more like people think it "sucks" because they're not quite understanding its purpose. MEVA on most ilvl items is mean to translate to a passive gain we'd get if we were actually leveling, and in terms of skill ranking, I think that's long been established everyone's a C rating regardless of job. Now, when fighting actually difficult things, no, you're probably not going to see frequent resists if you're not adding additional sources like barspells, carols, runes, and so on, as that C rating will be grossly deficient to the mob's (magic) accuracy values. If one wants to make the argument that SE doesn't quite give us the tools to really make this shine, especially as non-tanks, I won't disagree, but the stats aren't useless.
    I rarely see any resist even when fighting easy things. I've combined magic evasion with bar spells as well. I still don't see any resist. Maybe once in a blue moon. If I'm lucky.

It's an unreliable crappy stat. At least in my opinion. I'll take Accuracy/Attack and - damage taken any day of the week. Those stats actually have noticeable results.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 09-23-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    You're right. Very important stat. I really don't know what I would do without Magic Evasion on my gear. Clearly all of that ambuscade armor is crap because it lacks it. Who needs Accuracy/Attack and - Damage Taken when you can get + to magic evasion.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier to even begin to argue otherwise. Thanks for setting me straight.
    You're welcome. Happy to help.

By the by, did I say that Accuracy/Attack/-Damage Taken were bad stats? I could have sworn that all I said was that Magic Evasion was an important stat (which it is). Also, I'm not certain anybody said the gear was crap (certainly I didn't). Did somebody actually say this? I feel like you're arguing against statements that were never made.

We don't idle in ilvl gear anymore because it's dangerous. We use Vex because it's awesome. We use bar spells because they help. Magic evasion probably isn't something that you gear around but you shouldn't forget about it.
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You're welcome. Happy to help.

By the by, did I say that Accuracy/Attack/-Damage Taken were bad stats? I could have sworn that all I said was that Magic Evasion was an important stat (which it is). Also, I'm not certain anybody said the gear was crap (certainly I didn't). Did somebody actually say this? I feel like you're arguing against statements that were never made.

We don't idle in ilvl gear anymore because it's dangerous. We use Vex because it's awesome. We use bar spells because they help. Magic evasion probably isn't something that you gear around but you shouldn't forget about it.
    It was implied.

Sarcasm aside, we just disagree. I don't think it helps - at least not enough to matter. It's a crap stat in my opinion and not something I would describe as a very important stat. So not only do I forget it, but I would urge everyone else to as well. It's just not worth any consideration at all when determining gear in my opinion. But hey, it's a free country and we are allowed to disagree with one another. I got no problem with that.

The initial point of my post was that I don't believe a lack of magic evasion on some of the ambuscade sets do anything toward diminishing their value. They are still excellent sets irregardless of a useless stat being absent on them. That was the context of my comments.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 09-23-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Sarcasm aside, we just disagree. I don't think it helps - at least not enough to matter. It's a crap stat in my opinion and not something I would describe as a very important stat. But that's ok - it's a free country and we are allowed to disagree with one another.
    If you're fighting monsters that aren't challenging to you or have much in the way of magic attacks then I can see why you might say that, but I'd imagine you aren't doing much at end game to believe it. Either that or you just aren't stacking enough of it to make a difference where it's needed.
    (0)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast