Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

A Genuine "Thank You!" to the Current Dev Team and Director from a Returning Player

Hey All of you,

This isn't meant to be a "kiss arse" post, but I just wanted to say thank you. The reddit AMA was loads of fun and although we didn't get a lot of information, having those Dev/Community interactions are always welcome! As someone who has done development myself, I know that you're often flooded in a see of negative criticism and that its rare to have someone highlight the positives. So, that's what I came here to do!

Starting with the new August Campaigns, which are a breath of fresh air! This campaign is shaping up to be one of the best on record and I haven't been more excited for one since I've come back to the game.

Speaking of which, thank you for the free login campaigns. I know its a solid business strategy, but I genuinely appreciated coming back to this familiar world and visiting nostalgic landscapes and soundtracks and was a major reason that I recently resubbed to the game!

Another thing I'd like to highlight as a returning player was RoV. While I'm sure it was rushed, it felt sincere in its attempt to thank the players for their dedication to this great game and it felt good to break that 4th wall and I would like to return the "thanks" back to you guys for making such a great game (WotG storyline was the only other game storyline that brought me to tears)!

Lastly, I'd like to say thank you for the QoL changes to the game. You guys really managed to make the game more modern without losing that "old-school" FFXI charm the game always had. Replaying some of the most challenging fights at ilvl 119 has been more fun than I've had in any recent MMO, in years!

So thank you all for keeping this great treasure alive. I look forward to hopefully many more years in FFXI and please, please, please never forget that no matter how badly the community may backlash and criticize, that there are always those among us that realize you're doing the best you can with an imperfect system.
    (7)

Although I do appreciate the game is still here to play, since there is nothing on the market like it adn no more mmorpg titles are in production I still know the main reason is because of $$$. It's still makes a decent amount of money.
    (0)

I left FFXIV to return to Vana'diel after hearing their 'plans' for the game. I'm glad I did. The introduction of trust summoning and easier travel via home points was an unexpected, but welcome addition to this otherwise party-heavy game, and it helped me catch up on the story quests quite nicely.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions too. Not just for the key items, but for the actual plot. It was a nice little nostalgia trip the way it connects with previous story arcs and the way characters react differently depending on how far you've come. It's also probably the only MMO title with an actual 'ending'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never known any story to have a true conclusion before in an online title.

So I'm with you, Xerius. They've done a great job of revitalizing an old title and it's just as fun to play now as it ever was. The heart of a game is always the gameplay, and FFXI has rarely disappointed.

...though it would be nice if mobs would actually drop the right armor seals I need in Abyssea. Maybe they could let us trade unneeded ones for the job we want?
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    "...though it would be nice if mobs would actually drop the right armor seals I need in Abyssea. Maybe they could let us trade unneeded ones for the job we want?"

Great suggestion if it came a few years ago, lol. It would be very nice but I don't know if they would bother with it sense the content is pretty dead. I'm with you though; the gear is still relevant and its much harder to proc mobs in abyssea now. You don't WANT a full party... they die fast enough solo ! No party, no yellow proc usually
    (0)

Well, I go as a BLM/NIN which covers a good number of procs (I did try BLM/BRD but I can never get threnody to land consistently) and helps a good deal. Even when consistently hitting the weakness, it's not always the seals you want which drop. And soloing it can be a pain when the mob you want is an area boss.
    (1)

A tip: next time there is a BCNM campaign be sure to do a bunch of the included BCNMs because during the campaign they drop seal kupons and you can trade them in for an entire set of seals of your choice (so like 8 summoner hand seals for example)
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    A tip: next time there is a BCNM campaign be sure to do a bunch of the included BCNMs because during the campaign they drop seal kupons and you can trade them in for an entire set of seals of your choice (so like 8 summoner hand seals for example)
    My hero! I'll keep that in mind, though it may be a while until the next campaign.
    (0)