Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Bedavere
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Xbox 360 Control Settings not working for Windows 10, Help.

So Ive got a controller thats always worked for me until windows 10 now.

For now im stuck with windows 10, as it is. The gamepad settings in US work fine, except for the dpad/menu selection.

In the Test area it shows that it is working fine, but once I actually log into the game it is unresponsive, any help here?

I use Default Settings.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bedavere; 08-24-2016 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Still need help!

Character
    Albelnokbel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 92
    I think i had the same problem. Each button is assigned a number and i had to figure out which buttons had which numbers. When i went into the padconfig in toolsus there is a button config menu? Where you can manually select the button configuration. I went into there and assigned different buttons to different functions and pressed buttons on the 360 controller. I figured out which buttons were assigned to which number by what function lit up.

Select alternate setup E before configuring the controls to setup your dpad.

Select and confirm: button 4 - a

Cancel: button 1 - b

Active window/Window options: button 2 - y

Main menu: button 3 - x

Autorun: button 9 - L1

Macro Palette Ctrl: button 10 - L2

Macro Palette Alt: button 13 - R2

Heal/lock target: button 11 - L3

Change view: button 14 - R3

That should work i think.

Edit: If you have a wireless controller with a plug and play cable the cable only recharges the controller it won't recieve or transmit anything between xi and the controller. I'm using a standard 360 wired controller.
    (0)
    Last edited by Albel-Nokbel; 08-24-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Character
    Oprahwinfrey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

X-Box 360 controller d-pad not functioning

I'm having a d-pad issue.In the game manual section of POL it lists d-pad function as selects target/moves pointer.In the gamepad setup there is no option for selects target/moves pointer.When using the 360 controll there is no way to scroll through menus since d-pad is non funtioning,could you guys please fix this issue?I love this game but havent played in a long while since the d-pad issue.
    (0)

Character
    Albelnokbel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by oprahwinfrey View Post
    I'm having a d-pad issue.In the game manual section of POL it lists d-pad function as selects target/moves pointer.In the gamepad setup there is no option for selects target/moves pointer.When using the 360 controll there is no way to scroll through menus since d-pad is non funtioning,could you guys please fix this issue?I love this game but havent played in a long while since the d-pad issue.
    When you went into playonline > final fantasy xi > toolsus > padconfig did you select default? The preset modes like default, mode abcde setup the dpad and sticks then you can edit the rest of the controls to suit. Have you enabled xinput?
    (0)
    Last edited by Albel-Nokbel; 08-23-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Character
    Oprahwinfrey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Thanks for responding.I have not tried default settings,ill give that a shot.
    (0)

Character
    Oprahwinfrey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Tried default settings and it does not help.The problem is,the dpad is suposed to be select target/moves pointer and since there is no option for that in the gamepad setup that creates the problem.In order to actually be able to select target on the gamepad its not setup as an option where you setup the dpad but is a regular button setup that is not paired with "moves pointer."So every time you want to do that you have to either use the mouse or the keyboard ;(.Ill probably just go to 14,not sure how this was overlooked when creating the setup gamepad function.
    (0)

Character
    Bedavere
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This is the same Issue i am having, Still no fix, any help at all here on the forum mods?

PS : the menu selection works in the playonline area and up to the character selection screen, but not in game. (Yes I know there are 2 seperate control configs. Just stating that its not my dpad lol)
    (0)

Character
    Albelnokbel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 92
    Are either of you using wireless controllers? Have you updated your 360 controller drivers? Your able to use your controller in the play online menu but not ingame? It's the opposite for me but i don't mind using the mouse to click into the game. Have you tried checking the final fantasy xi files using playonline?
    (0)

Character
    Oprahwinfrey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm using a wired x-box 360 controller.Look at the game manual section of POL,it shows what the controls for the different controllers are supposed to be.Look at what it lists for dpad(selects taget/moves pointer),you will see that in the gamepad setup that option simply does not exist.Since this option does not exist you cant select things with the dpad,nor can you scroll through menu options.When the game was on xbox 360 the dpad did exactly what it lists that it should do in the game manual section of playonline.com http://www.playonline.com/ff11/manua...?loc=en#030100 .Obviously you can not set what does not exist,if im wrong let me know ty.
    (0)

Character
    Albelnokbel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 92
    I don't remember having to do this myself but my brother says that before changing any gamepad settings in padconfig select alternate setup E and the dpad should work. Guess that is why my pad doesn't work in POL my brother says E will work in POL as well. edit: Well I couldn't get the pad to work with POL that way but the pad works in-game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Albel-Nokbel; 08-24-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast