Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Tachi: Kaiten and Tachi: Fudo Attack bonus.

I would like opt for a minor buff to Tachi: Kaiten and Tachi: Fudo (if not Tachi: Fudo at least Tachi: Kaiten) both are limited in use against high defense NM's even when geared properly with high end attack food up Tachi: Yukikaze (Y),Tachi: Gekko (G), and Tachi: Kasha (K) will still out perform them on these NM's. I also would like to hear other Relic/Empryean Samurai's thoughts on this as well.

For many years I have heard many people making negative comments about Tachi: Kaiten not being as effective as Samurai's Y,G,K WS's against high defense NM's and HNM's since the buff to Y,G,K, Tachi: Fudo also shares the same issue with Tachi: Kaiten.

With newer Battlefields and HNM's arising soon I can see this as a major drawback for Amanomurakumo and Masamune Samurai's.
    (6)
    Last edited by Toren; 04-11-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: few minor typo's corrected
    Former Toren of Fairy

well i dont know about others but i can do 2.3-3k+ on dynamis lord. not sure how that compairs to other but thats w/o food and once im able to get back on ill post what i use for ws gear.

ps this is with walk of echos fudo
    (0)

Get a bard? >.>b

Seriously though, I wouldn't call for any buffs just yet. We still have 2 more level cap increases to go, and it looks like the future of endgame will thankfully be outside of Abyssea.

Abyssea's fun & all but at some point we gotta get off the Atma lol.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Get a bard? >.>b

Seriously though, I wouldn't call for any buffs just yet. We still have 2 more level cap increases to go, and it looks like the future of endgame will thankfully be outside of Abyssea.

need 2 BRDs(or one with the emp harp)

with proper gears fudo/kaiten(90+) always beat gekko
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Get a bard? >.>b

This coming from the guy who wants a fourth Lunar?

Eat Red Curry, use Berserk, WS in an attack-heavy set. If that's not enough, use Gekko. Shit's situational; if Kaiten/Fudo aren't cutting it, use Gekko or switch to another job.
    (0)

Character
    Lotmorning
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    As stated in a previous thread an attack bonus to Kaiten and Fudo would be overkill unless mob you are fighting has defense through the roof (If that case then all ws from any job would be bad). However allowing Kaiten and Fudo to crit would be a bonus to SAM without completely overpowering it like the attack bonus on Y/G/K was.
    (0)

Character
    Azucares
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    I feel that Tachi: Fudo simply has an attack modifier rather than a strength. (more strength equals more attack which can lead to the confusion when testing the weapon skill). The NM I discovered this on was Briareus. Without attack buffs of any kind my Tachi: Fudos did damage between 1.5k to 2.3k but with attack food, attack buffs from bard, stalwart's tonic(or gambir), beserk, and warcry. I had Tachi: Fudos that did 3k to 4.8k without fail. (note: I don't feel attack caps at 999 attack). (Also, at the time I was geared for strength, and I will be testing an attack build for samurai. Though there may not be much to change out. This result left me curious since I don't believe everything I read.)
    (0)

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    It isn't an attack modifier, at least not in the sense that STR is. Your PDIF just isn't auto capped with Fudo (and Kaiten) like it is with YGK, so attack actually matters. STR is a mod for WSC. Fudo requires a balance of attack and STR in order to maximize its damage, you can't just pile on STR gear like with YGK and hope to see massive increases.

See here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...n_Skill_Damage

No offense but you aren't going to learn anything through testing. Its all been known since people first started using Fudo. Its why Byrnie+1 is tops for Fudo, etc etc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jacs; 05-11-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Furthermore I would rather not see Fudo/Kaiten have their TP mod switched to crit chance. Fudo has a really nice fTP mod that scales up well with higher TP. Crit chance would flatten that scaling. I'd rather see a semi-useless multi-hit WS like Rana get turned into a crit chance WS. Its mod is accuracy, which we generally don't need, and it is really only useful for making self darkness SCs.
    (0)

Character
    Azucares
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Pysical-Based weapon skills. Damage = Base damage of your Weapon Skill * function of (your Physical ATK/target’s Physical DEF). Damage = WD * pDIF = (D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP*pDIF. WD = floor(D+(aD)+fSTR2). D = fSTR/fSTR2. fSTR = (you STR - monster VIT +4)/4. fTP = fTP(PreviousAnchor)+dTP*(fTP(NextAnchor)-fTP(PreviousAnchor)). pDIF(with level correction function). Ratio = attackers attack/defenders defense. If the Ratio is capped then the formula for cRatio = 2.2-0.05*level difference. level difference in this case is 95-90=5. Mob defense = (f(level,family defense rank)+8+[vit/2]+job traits)*family multiplier. For cRatio = 2.2 - 0.05*5 =1.95 (aka the ratio gets adjusted for mobs level). max pDIF = 1.2*1.95 and min pDIF = -0.8 +1.2*1.95. WSC = floor (floor((A x A%) + (B x B%)) x α) where α = .75.

Now that I have gather all the information you told me to from your link please send me another link that tells me the mobs vit and defense. so i can use there formulas to find out my weapon skill damage. lol or i can just weaponskill with trying different types of gear. You know what no offense but you can keep all those formulas lol. To be honest I hope SE makes those formulas calculate your damage the rest of your life on this game. Not only is the information incomplete for level 90, but I hope you have fun finding the vit and defense for every monster in the game.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast