Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Alpha is 0.85, not 0.75. The formulas are also nowhere near difficult, they just look cluttered because you typed them in a cluttered manner. It's basic algebra. It's also not horribly difficult to plug in test values for vit/defense based on previously known values, or to derive them based on min/max damage numbers.
    (0)

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    You don't really need to know the VIT or DEF of any mob to know what gear to choose. For one, in Abyssea, your fSTR is going to be capped (look up fSTR and Weapon Rank) due to cruor buffs and VV atma, and whatever gear you have. Thus your STR is only going to need to be looked at in WSC. Your attack is ratio'd to the mobs DEF, ATK/DEF. Since DEF is unchanging, you can calculate relative differences (like adding X attack gives you an increase of Y%).

I'm just trying to help since you clearly don't understand how it works. You ask for exact VIT values for every mob, which aren't actually available, however over at BG they are working on compiling all that the information. You are missing the point. The idea isn't to make a separate build for each and every mob, but to make a general build which is good for all mobs, or maybe a build for regular mobs and NMs and one for very difficult NMs.

I would recommend using a calculator to help you choose atmas and gear properly for your given set up. A good one I use is Kinematics from Allakhazam: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...54629251399740

Go to that link and he has calculators for a few jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Azucares
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Alpha is 0.85, not 0.75.
    I see that now on the page. saying that @ = 0.85 If you click link for WSC It shows the Alpha ranges. if you look at the trend of the numbers decreasing that was just my best guess. Thank you for pointing out my oversight.
    The idea isn't to make a separate build for each and every mob, but to make a general build which is good for all mobs
    Yeah I see what you are saying gear for the worst, and things will work out. I just want to know the VIT and Def of Briareus. I want to plug in the test values myself and see if the formulas are anywhere close to right. I don't believe everything I read. If they workout then its great, but if they don't I don't see anything wrong with how I'm doing things. We can agree that STR and attack are important for Tachi: Fudo. I just feel that more attack is necessary, and I think that's what your saying. The thing this all start with was I wasn't saying anything new as far as you thought. That's fine by me lol.
    I would recommend using a calculator to help you choose atmas and gear properly for your given set up.
    Thanks for the link and I will look at the spread sheets.
    (0)

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Feel free to test it, but those formulas are very well tested and match up excellently with parse data.
    (0)

Player
    You are in luck azucares. Earlier today in finding my best Fudo setup, I spent quite a lot of time killing dolls in altep. Here are my results. These are all based on single hits since TP return on multi hits confuses me and adds a level of depth beyond what I was looking for (best balance of STR/ATK). I won't tell you what I gleaned from my results--you are free to choose your own conclusion. The top headers are the atma combos I used for each set of tests. I assumed (possibly a bad idea) that SB atma is +100TP bonus. I use TP bonus +25 WOTG earring as well. Therefore the "adjusted tp" column is simply TP+125, capped at 300. Availability of EM mobs was scarce, so there's not a whole lot of info on them.

I don't expect anything conclusive from providing this, but it may provide an insight into the nature of atk/str for fudo.

Pic since google docs sucks:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...h/tpspread.png

I'll answer any questions if there are some confusing parts to the spreadsheet.
    (0)

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    This is frustrating, you guys. The info is all out there for you and all you have to do is look it up and think about it some. Lazareth, your "results" don't really mean a whole lot. Your sample size is way too small, the only mobs where you actually know the exact level are the EM ones (T has a range), and that is kind of important (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Le...ction_and_pDIF), you didn't bother to figure out your exact attack over 999, you don't even bother to normalize for fTP (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/FTP). Like I said, go download a damage calculator. If you want me to, I can list out the best atmas and gear based on that damage calculator. Seriously though, it would be easier if you did it yourself.
    (0)

Character
    Azucares
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Thanks Lasareth for posting the information on your atma choices. I've been using Stoutarm, Stronghold, and Alpha and Omega. It gives me a nice amount of attack with a little str, and triple attack. I think the information you posted was useful. Thank you.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2