Character
    Drusk
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Clear Abyssite no Upgrade

Hello, is it possible that i do something wrong with vnm´s?
    I bought a clear abyssite in Jeuno and started to hunt some vnm´s in West Sarutabaruta for Trail 156. I killed about 20-30 T1 mobs (Bee & Beetle) that spawned on the locations that the clear abyssite told me but the clear abyssite never changes ist color after defeating them… i know that it is random when it changes the color but after 20-30 mobs still no change? Anyone know something what might be wrong?

I´m playing on BlueMage atm.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The only thing that would prevent a clear from upgrading is having a colorful already. Otherwise, its just horrible luck. I've had it take 1 kill....I've had it take dozens. Its that random.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What Zeldar said.

Unfortunately it's one of those systems in FFXI where it's not difficult - just time consuming. Pray to RNGesus. 8D
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    In my experience the upgrade rate has been roughly 10% for me. The whole system could really use revamp.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    In my experience the upgrade rate has been roughly 10% for me. The whole system could really use revamp.
    I know that they adjusted the color change rate before, so they should be able to do so again. I agree that the 1st change should be increased since it is quite annoying to completely clear out several zones w/o seeing one. It would also be very VERY nice if they added a method to turn off changing so you could lock in a color (as a QOL improvement for those making Empyrean weapons? Please? >_>;; I got quite sick of seeing that stupid dragon while farming the T3s..)
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There IS a method to stop your abyssite from upgrading. Obtain the black abyssite and DO NOT pop the dragon. Then build the T3 for the area. The T3 will NOT upgrade as long as you have a black abyssite. Same goes for the T2: it will NOT upgrade if you already have the T3 for the area you are in. I know that its a long process, but it works just fine. You just need to pay attention to the strength of the light (faintly,softly,solidly and strongly) to be sure you pop the right one. The biggest pain comes in searching for the T2 or T3 when they are near a higher tier.
    (0)