Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    I don't think Ambuscade really needs to add any new gear, other then maybe waist pieces would be nice. Augmented Waist pieces would be great since many of the best waist pieces are in awkward outdated areas that most can't solo like vagary, woe lvl 120, incursion

It takes a lot of grinding to get 4 or more jobs done with capes, so to me this is enough right here. There is always a benefit to doing ambuscade even if you got all the gear and cape augments. Lots of HMP and other valuable items to gain for profit just for helping others.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean that there's no new gear for Ambuscade. You kinda need to give people incentive to keep playing.
    Not what it means at all! The development team first would like to give those that may have missed out on previous months’ Ambuscade rewards by implementing these tickets, but they are also actively working on creating new equipment to be added to Ambuscade after this.

Also, as another quick note, the tickets that can be purchased through Ambuscade will require the same amount of points as usual.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hey Camate,

Can we get confirmation if the tickets will require Hallmarks or if they will require Gallantry?
    Gallantry are kind of a pain to gather.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    Hey Camate,

Can we get confirmation if the tickets will require Hallmarks or if they will require Gallantry?
    Gallantry are kind of a pain to gather.
    The tickets will actually be available for total Hallmarks only. These tickets will only be exchangeable for all of the Ambuscade equipment introduced thus far, and not for any other type of items.

While I mentioned that we would be adding new equipment after September, we’ll be looking into methods so that these previous sets can still be obtained by those who missed prior months. However, there is a possibility that we do not limit this to Hallmarks and may do something different.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    These tickets will only be exchangeable for all of the Ambuscade equipment introduced thus far, and not for any other type of items.
    Well, this kinda sucks. Means that they're essentially useless for those of us who have stuck to doing Ambuscade every month so far, negating a huge part of the incentive to actually do it...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post
    Well, this kinda sucks. Means that they're essentially useless for those of us who have stuck to doing Ambuscade every month so far, negating a huge part of the incentive to actually do it...
    The end result would be the same if they simply started the loop back over, which I imagine was the short-term alternative. I for one appreciate the ability to choose which body+1 to grab instead of a specific set. We will still need to attain the same number of total hallmarks, so it's not any easier to get than it has been so far, but at least now there's a choice for those whose available playtime varies per month.
    (3)

Player
    Needs to be some way for people to get sets/pieces they missed... Plus he said that new armor sets are coming. I don't understand how this is bad. It actually sounds like it's being done right and they're leaving the door open for tweaks if needed.
    (1)

I'm not saying that making the older sets accessible to players who missed them is a bad thing. In fact, I think that using tickets to allow people to choose which pieces they want is a great idea.

I'm lamenting the fact that September is going to have considerably less appeal for those of us who already have all the existing sets. Being able to exchange the tickets for something would be nice.
    (0)

Player
    I'm not saying that making the older sets accessible to players who missed them is a bad thing. In fact, I think that using tickets to allow people to choose which pieces they want is a great idea.

I'm lamenting the fact that September is going to have considerably less appeal for those of us who already have all the existing sets. Being able to exchange the tickets for something would be nice.
    Well, you can still make yet another cape for some job or another since many are BIS at least. ^^;; Or make money off of selling upgrade mats. Or help out some freshly 99'd sparks geared returnee. Or simply enjoy the breathing room given by a month w/ no pressure to get yet another set of armor that you are likely to toss at the porter moogle once you get some good Reisenjima augs. XD
    You'll still get the benefit of every other "Total Hallmarks" loot, just a lack of armor rewards. Plenty of other reasons to dive in.
    (1)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I like the idea of adding waist pieces but can SE also add neck & ammo slot pieces to the armour list too?

In terms of the new tickets, I'm quite disappointed. I wished I could get my body/head/legs +1 for the pieces I missed using these vouchers. I think that all +1 vouchers are the same price (1000 hallmarks, say) & purchasable via hallmarks, not total hallmarks. The new waist/neck/ammo pieces will be via total hallmarks next time.
    (0)
    Last edited by RichLester; 09-15-2016 at 03:16 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast