Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

Dammit SE, why remove Seasoning Stones from the Repeat Login Vendor?

So I've just been happily leveling a new character to see how the game plays with all the changes over recent years and really having fun power-leveling with 5 Trusts .. only to hit a brick wall with LB9.

WHY?

Why remove the critical items needed for this from the Repeat Login vendor? They were on sale for ages but now it seems you've removed them, and so re-introduced the horrible farming grind which you inflicted on us in 2011.

Why this retrograde step? Why re-introduce one of the most awful features of FFXI since it was released in 2002: the mindless hours spent killing mobs for a a critical item with a 0.000001% drop rate.

Brain-dead, truly brain-dead decision making!

You can't even send them from one character on an account to another on the same account, unlike most of the R/E items these days, I have 4 on the damned things on one character totally inaccessible on the one I need it on.

Oh, and another one I've come across .. I killed 150+ Goblin Bandits in Terrigan and 75+ Platinum Quadav in Beadeaux with a 99 THF, as well as killing 60+ Bandits with a level 60+ DNC and not ONE Thief Testimony dropped. That's worse than I've ever seen it.

In contrast, I killed around 15 Goblin Alchemists and got SEVEN WHM Testimonies as well as only two Doom Soldiers one of which dropped a DRK Testimony, while a BST one dropped of the first Shepherd I killed.

But after 250+ kills on mobs that supposedly drop THF ones, not a single one!
    (0)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 07-17-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Have you tried the bats in Fei'Yin (One of the rooms outside the HP area), they seem to have a much higher drop rate than other areas.
    (3)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thief testimonies are stolen, not dropped. Its been a long while since I needed one, so they may have changed it. If they ARE still stolen, Beaudeax is a great spot for platinums. And yeah I can second Jakuks suggestion....we have all been killing these things for ambuscade, and I see at least 1 in every 10 kills.
    (3)

I don't know if she can help here, but Romaa Mihgo (trust) uses steal on mobs and whatever she steals is placed in your inventory.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Don't you only need 1 or 2 of those stones? And those mobs can offer skill ups so it shouldn't be that terrible?
    (0)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    So I've just been happily leveling a new character to see how the game plays with all the changes over recent years and really having fun power-leveling with 5 Trusts .. only to hit a brick wall with LB9.

WHY?

Why remove the critical items needed for this from the Repeat Login vendor? They were on sale for ages but now it seems you've removed them, and so re-introduced the horrible farming grind which you inflicted on us in 2011.

Why this retrograde step? Why re-introduce one of the most awful features of FFXI since it was released in 2002: the mindless hours spent killing mobs for a a critical item with a 0.000001% drop rate.

Brain-dead, truly brain-dead decision making!

You can't even send them from one character on an account to another on the same account, unlike most of the R/E items these days, I have 4 on the damned things on one character totally inaccessible on the one I need it on.
    The drop rate of seasoning stone is not bad at all: http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3541

As for not being able to send them over, I totally agree. If ex or rare/ex items that you may even have no access to on another character can be deliverable, there is no reason for seasoning stone to be not deliverable.

Oh, and another one I've come across .. I killed 150+ Goblin Bandits in Terrigan and 75+ Platinum Quadav in Beadeaux with a 99 THF, as well as killing 60+ Bandits with a level 60+ DNC and not ONE Thief Testimony dropped. That's worse than I've ever seen it.

In contrast, I killed around 15 Goblin Alchemists and got SEVEN WHM Testimonies as well as only two Doom Soldiers one of which dropped a DRK Testimony, while a BST one dropped of the first Shepherd I killed.

But after 250+ kills on mobs that supposedly drop THF ones, not a single one!

Rule #1: Check wikis when you need to farm something before doing ANYTHING. THF testimony is stolen, not dropped.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 07-18-2016 at 02:36 AM.

7. 07-18-2016 10:05 AM

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The drop rate for these isn't low at all, I had to throw away stacks of these things killing Crabs.
    (1)