Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    I am also boggled that a few of you think your jobs aren't usable or acceptable without job points. Thats just silly. I have NEVER joined a pickup group and been asked "how many JP do you have ?" or "do you have the 100,500,1200 jp gift?" I think some people are exhaggerating to get their point across. I don't blame you: we all do it, but I am calling you out on it. JP are not necessary for any job to be acceptable. Saying they are is like saying "GEO isn't relevant unless it has Idris!"

That's because most of the pick up group do easyyyyyy stuff like SR, ambuscade or T1.

If you do harder content is totally other story, I've never seen endgame LS recruit jobs without JP, at bare minimum WHM may be acceptable without JP, even then I think bar spell category should have JP at least.

Personally I never bring jobs to content lv 150+ without JP either, the performance just couldn't keep up and it makes everyone in the pt life hard.
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    That's because most of the pick up group do easyyyyyy stuff like SR, ambuscade or T1.

If you do harder content is totally other story, I've never seen endgame LS recruit jobs without JP, at bare minimum WHM may be acceptable without JP, even then I think bar spell category should have JP at least.

Personally I never bring jobs to content lv 150+ without JP either, the performance just couldn't keep up and it makes everyone in the pt life hard.
    ...content level 150+? That's less than 10 mobs in the entire game.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Yeah, I am sure if I played GEO then I wouldn't have trouble finding a party because even without JP, GEO is very good and it has a lower gear threshold for being a contributing member than say, a DD would. You're not necessarily going to be *good* but you're going to add something.
    Which is why in 99% of all returning threads where people go "What job should I do first to get into endgame?" it's almost entirely people saying GEO. Choose a support job to start things off, acquire the gear for your other jobs, and then you'll have a much more solid base for getting into things as a DD. This has nothing to do with how SE makes the game, this is a feature of any type of game. You're not going to join up and beat the DD's that have top notch gear, so you just have to deal with either playing support or slowly getting a DD together the hard way.
    (1)

This has nothing to do with how SE makes the game, this is a feature of any type of game.
    In my experience this is pretty unique to FFXI, actually. In games where your gear is obseleted every raid-tier, the struggle was pretty evenly spread. In WoW for instance, the potency of "refresh/auto-refresh" (closes equivalent to XI) was a percentage of your MP so it was really hard to carry undergeared people through content that was hard for your group, whereas the same isn't true in XI. If the WHM isn't in danger of taking damage, you can take an abyssea geared whm to many things.

Example: My first Sovereign Behemoth was in a BST burn with a Aby-geared WHM. Two NQ GEO. She took the full weight of every meteor but we had NP winning. Couldn't have carried a tank or damage-source in her level of gear.

Now, if your group performed sufficiently well enough, you could carry somone on any job (essentially 9man a 10man or 23man/24man a 25man). But WoW didn't (and surely still doesn't) have any case of needing any piece of gear from 4 expansions ago, usually not even 2 content-patches ago.
    (2)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 07-22-2016 at 03:16 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    ...content level 150+? That's less than 10 mobs in the entire game.
    It doesn't matter if it's 1 mob or 10 mobs, people are saying JPless job still gets invite which just isn't true for many people. Also death is still kinda required for some Reisen T3 effective kills, and that needs 1200 JP.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-22-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What you guys need, in all seriousness, is a good linkshell. Linkshells care whether or not you have JP, sure. Instead of excluding you from content though, a good linkshell helps you get the JP you or they feel you need. Until you get to that point, they will adjust. If pickup groups are as brutally picky on your servers as you claim they are, just find a good linkshell. Oh wait, next you'll say that the good linkshells on your server aren't recruiting unless you have job master status..........
    (0)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    ic alot of linkshells with good intentions on Asura, but the social feel of this game/or is it the server, has shifted alot. Its hard to keep new people intrested throughout the grind, and those who have the gear and JP needed to help with harder content, those go and look for an endgame shell. I've seen alot of ls leaders who really want to help people but in the end they also get bored of it, as in being one of the few in the ls that actually helps all those people in need of a hand.
    It feels like alot of people want to be carried and they're all in a hurry. I just take a step back from time to time and tell myself i'm not in a hurry.
    (2)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

10 years ago only scummy, horrible botting shells were mercs. Now people merc everything, from job points, clears and gear. They don't want to help others, they like others can't do these things.

It's in these geared players interested that you can't get any of these things and are reliant on them to progress, problem is that's not sustainable and at a point people just quit. All that money you made to get all those weapons will be gone when they shut down the servers.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    10 years ago only scummy, horrible botting shells were mercs. Now people merc everything, from job points, clears and gear. They don't want to help others, they like others can't do these things.
    Capitalism, it's a hell of a drug.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    In my experience this is pretty unique to FFXI, actually. In games where your gear is obseleted every raid-tier, the struggle was pretty evenly spread. In WoW for instance, the potency of "refresh/auto-refresh" (closes equivalent to XI) was a percentage of your MP so it was really hard to carry undergeared people through content that was hard for your group, whereas the same isn't true in XI. If the WHM isn't in danger of taking damage, you can take an abyssea geared whm to many things.

Example: My first Sovereign Behemoth was in a BST burn with a Aby-geared WHM. Two NQ GEO. She took the full weight of every meteor but we had NP winning. Couldn't have carried a tank or damage-source in her level of gear.

Now, if your group performed sufficiently well enough, you could carry somone on any job (essentially 9man a 10man or 23man/24man a 25man). But WoW didn't (and surely still doesn't) have any case of needing any piece of gear from 4 expansions ago, usually not even 2 content-patches ago.
    What I was saying is a feature of any MMO is if you have a Sunwell Plateau geared rogue you're going to take it over the Karazhan geared rogue. There are so many people that can toss together a very well geared DD that you're not going to get too far starting off as a DD.
    (0)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast