Character
    Buzs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Evasion gimped/bring back ninja

We all have that 119 weapon and gear. Skill lvl, magic accuracy lvl, parry lvl, etc etc. but where is EVASION skill? It's stuck at lvl 99. Bring back the joy ninja used to produce.
    (0)

There is lots of evasion on ilevel pieces, gobs of it, it's just pretty much useless against meaningful content because of level adjustment. Unless they make gear that has over 119 stats on it raise ilevel over 119 or they lower the level of monsters, or boost the effect of evasion... none of which I can see happening... evasion is not going to be a worthwhile tactic on anything that matters
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think what he means is that ninjas have always had the best evasiveness, but nothing has been done to really enhance it for the job itself. Yeah there are general gear enhancements, but nothing to really make NIN stand out or become viable again. I had a nin in a delve pickup today that didnt do so hot... thats the only nin i've seen in a while.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    The thing is though SE has designed high end mobs where it doesn't really matter. Between the constant AoEs and the capped accuracy even when you have 2k evasion and the mob is flashed evasion tanking isn't really a thing regardless of gear
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Maybe NIN should have a trait, or even gift from JP, that makes AoE attacks only absorb 1-3 shadows. This could help to make blink tanking make a comeback. Making it nin main only would help nin come back into the fray. NIN would probably also need a high amount of resist -silence though, or 12 stacks of echo drops. Possible a job ability like PLDs Fealty to resist enfeebles. Wait they can't add new ones...ok so give Fealty to NIN as well.
    (1)

Character
    Snapster
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wouldn't write it off. There's a lot of evasion on the Hizamaru +1 set and many other accessories. Reducing the accuracy requirement did a lot for ninja, I'm sure there's a lot of content now that NIN/DNC or NIN/RDM (haste + capped FC for Utsusemi) could solo. I think the big problem is that nobody tries doing it.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Maybe NIN should have a trait, or even gift from JP, that makes AoE attacks only absorb 1-3 shadows. This could help to make blink tanking make a comeback. Making it nin main only would help nin come back into the fray. NIN would probably also need a high amount of resist -silence though, or 12 stacks of echo drops. Possible a job ability like PLDs Fealty to resist enfeebles. Wait they can't add new ones...ok so give Fealty to NIN as well.
    Or a trait like RUN which guarantee's a certain percentage chance of evading.
    (0)