Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bring back the good daily login campaign

SE, please restore the previous login campaign format.

Obviously the daily login campaign was intended to motivate players to subscribe multiple alternate characters and it worked very well but with the transition from http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...n/login33.html to what it is now, I'm sorry to say, leaves me wondering if there was a complete change in thinking by the Dev team or higher.

You're motivated to make extra money, obviously by the new wardrobe scheme for profit so I do not understand why you're willing to have many people cancel their alternate characters due to the daily login campaign being unappealing now.

Please restore the previous - and far superior - daily login campaign.

Thank you for your time.
    (7)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you want to subscribe to our new OPTIONAL login campaign + you can, just go to your subscription screen and choose the option. Its only $1/month to get bonus selection choices on the campaign and for a deal $2/month gets you the ability to select from our Super Saver Omage Arch-Prototype Bahamut list which is only for our most loyal (pay out the most) players.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hey so did you have to make a new thread about it? It's a lot easier to discuss things that are located in one locations so parallel discussions don't happen.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The Login items are loosely themed around current special events / campaigns. Last month was Reforged campaigns, seal battlefields etc. and we got AF3 Aby boss drops in login because this ties into the theme.

This month we have Mog garden quests, relating to mounts, so the Login is tied to this Mog Garden / mounts theme. In other months, we had Skirmish campaigns, and the Log-in synched with that current theme by giving you simulacra pieces.

People complained about shanks being too expensive, Dring not dropping quickly enough, so SE are giving you more shanks at more affordable prices.

I'm glad that I can now save money by cancelling Storage Mules, and spend that same money on buying new wardrobes for my main characters. I like this, because it means I get the same storage for the same price, but I spend less time switching over to storage mules.

People want harder content, easier content, more free stuff, less free stuff. I think SE is trying to find a balance between all these contradicting requests. I think it must be very difficult to find this balance, when people are asking for such opposing things.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-09-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Brevity.

They baffle me sometimes, they really do. They are trying to add things to make the game more profitable and yet fail in the most basic areas that already have been big successes to bring in more optional sales.

The login campaigns have been awful for 3-4 runs, the mule market is far bigger than the mog3/4 inventory market will be and people who unsub their mules are a lot harder to get to resub them than maintain those subs out of lazyness. Similarly the kings pop items haven't been upgraded or expanded on in years, no matter how good that initial idea was or how low the drop rate is people will still eventually get d-rings and it will lose it's effectiveness as a wanted item.

I have a feeling they will go insane with the next login campaign and throw the kitchen sink at us because they will lose so many mule subs after the mog lottery drawing that they will have a panic attack.
    (3)

What is the login campaign this month? Every time I click the link it just redirects to the main page :/
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Here's the current campaign starting 7/11 and running through August 2 at 7:00 a.m. (PDT).

(0)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    The login campaigns have been awful for 3-4 runs, the mule market is far bigger than the mog3/4 inventory market will be
    That's a rather hefty claim, but I wonder what you base that on. Firstly, not everyone likes having to log out, swap characters and spend ages making space and trading items between two or more characters. Simpy put, not everyone has mules. Secondly, people will pay for convenience as evidenced in the past by the strong RMT that was abundant in Vana'diel.

The beauty of the wardrobe storage is that you can not only put stuff into it to give yourself a boost to storage, but that you can equip your gear straight out of it. No messing about swapping items from your mog safe/locker/storage/case/sack etc, you just equip it. Another benefit no one seems to be talking about is that the mog wardrobe also works for every character on the account, including every single 'mule' and alt character you may have. So, no. I don't think the mule market is bigger than the mog wardrobe market. That convenience is worth every last penny to some people, myself included.

As for the login campaigns, I would like to make the most of them myself but I missed most of the cool alter egos and items. I'm just hoping they come back around so I can pick them up.
    (0)

Quus is a uniquely bad login point item... wow that is just wow
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Most of that stuff belongs in the 10-point category, if anything.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast