Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    tbh I think most the jobs merits need to be adjusted, for RDM I was thinking along the lines of something similar to, based on the second 2-hour being changed:

GROUP I
    Magic Accuracy
    Increases Magic Accuracy by 3 per level.

Convert Recast
    -30 seconds Per level

Augments Composure Effect
    Grants +10% chance of spells cast under Composure resisting Dispel effects per level. (Self and Party cast)

Enhancing Magic Duration
    Increases duration of enhancing spells cast on self or party by 3% per level.

Enfeebling Magic potency
    Increases potency of enfeebling magic cast by 2% per level.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

GROUP II
    Faith (JA)
    Recast 5:00 / Duration 30:00
    Improves users affinity with the magical arts.
    Grants: Magic Accuracy +3%, Magic Attack Bonus +3%, Fast Cast +4%, Spell Duration: 5% / Magic Accuracy +15%, Magic Attack Bonus +15%, Fast Cast +20%, Spell Duration: 25%
    Reduces: Accuracy - 1%, Attack -1%, Combat Haste -1% / Accuracy -5%, Attack -5%, Combat Haste -5%
    Recast 5:00 / Duration 30:00
    Improves users combat affinity.
    Grants: Accuracy +2%, Attack +3%, Combat Haste: 2% / Accuracy: 10%, Attack: +15%, Combat Haste: 10%
    Reduces: Magic Accuracy -2%, Magic Attack Bonus - 1%, Fast Cast -1% / Magic Accuracy - 10%, Magic Attack Bonus -5%, Fast Cast -5%
    Recast 2:00 / Duration: 1:00 or spell cast
    Allows self-cast spells to target a party member.
    (Spells potency will be based only on the casters skill, equipment will not be counted)
    Recast 3:00 / Duration: 1:00 or spell cast
    Greatly increases potency and accuracy of the next enfeebling spell cast.
    (Increases Magic Accuracy and Potency +100% of the next enfeebling spell cast.)

Might be too much, but maybe similar.
    I completely agree with everything in Group 1, except maybe Composure. My main issue with Group 2 is that new JA's (I think) are in the same group as new spells, they can't make new animations. I think making most of those Job traits would make them more implementable. Another thing is that I don't really like that we have to choose between melee and nuking when using Bravery and Faith. The point of RDM is to be able to switch between different fighting styles without missing a beat. Having a JA that reduces one of our skills for another is going against our job's main drawing point. They should just boost stats and not reduce any. The JA that let's us use a self cast enhancing spell on anyone is a great idea. But for the last two JA's, what would the ranks do if I merited them past 1? They sound more like normal level up JA's rather than merited ones. Very neat ideas though.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    I completely agree with everything in Group 1, except maybe Composure. My main issue with Group 2 is that new JA's (I think) are in the same group as new spells, they can't make new animations. I think making most of those Job traits would make them more implementable. Another thing is that I don't really like that we have to choose between melee and nuking when using Bravery and Faith. The point of RDM is to be able to switch between different fighting styles without missing a beat. Having a JA that reduces one of our skills for another is going against our job's main drawing point. They should just boost stats and not reduce any. The JA that let's us use a self cast enhancing spell on anyone is a great idea. But for the last two JA's, what would the ranks do if I merited them past 1? They sound more like normal level up JA's rather than merited ones. Very neat ideas though.
    I made them JA's simply because they don't really need to have unique animations, they can just reuse one, that and Faith / Bravery already have animations that exist.

As for Faith and Bravery, the two have always existed as a buff to one side while weakening another.

And yeah, I forgot about the merit level effects.

Maybe:

Enhancers Gift > Grants a chance of augmentation happening. +4% chance per additional level. (16% at 5/5)
    (Augmentation increases potency of cast buff by 50%)

(Or just extend the duration 10% per level)

--

Enfeebler's Might > Increases Duration +20% per additional level.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 07-21-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I made them JA's simply because they don't really need to have unique animations, they can just reuse one, that and Faith / Bravery already have animations that exist.

As for Faith and Bravery, the two have always existed as a buff to one side while weakening another.
    Reference for both statements? I've never seen Bravery/Faith in this game. And in every other FF game, they never reduce another stat. They simply raise atk or magic. Even if they were like that, it still makes us choose between melee or magic or cripple one in favor of another which goes against RDM being able to switch roles at a moment's notice. They should just boost stats. Maybe a simple, stackable JA similar to Swordplay. They give modest stat boosts that increase in potency over time to a cap until we get hit with severe damage or an attack misses or something.

Maybe:

Enhancers Gift > Grants a chance of augmentation happening. +4% chance per additional level. (16% at 5/5)
    (Augmentation increases potency of cast buff by 50%)

(Or just extend the duration 10% per level)

--

Enfeebler's Might > Increases Duration +20% per additional level.
    Interesting idea. A little extreme with the numbers but makes sense.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    Reference for both statements? I've never seen Bravery/Faith in this game. And in every other FF game, they never reduce another stat. They simply raise atk or magic. Even if they were like that, it still makes us choose between melee or magic or cripple one in favor of another which goes against RDM being able to switch roles at a moment's notice. They should just boost stats. Maybe a simple, stackable JA similar to Swordplay. They give modest stat boosts that increase in potency over time to a cap until we get hit with severe damage or an attack misses or something.

Interesting idea. A little extreme with the numbers but makes sense.
    Im pretty sure it was located in the Dat files ages ago, I believe along with Reflect, though I can't seem to find the video anywhere anymore, I suppose it's possible it was already reused as a different spell, was a LONG time ago I saw it.

You are actually right about Faith and Bravery, it only increased, no idea where I got the negative from.

--

Yeah, balancing would be SE's area.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4