Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Master trials are a waste of dev time

A ton of work went into those cosmetic weapons, making and testing the battlefield etc.

Nobody does them, stop adding these things.

Like 1/3 of the update was master trials and like 1 -2 groups did the last one. If we have to have small updates please don't waste so much of it on stuff like this that barely anyone does.
    (34)
    Last edited by Castanica; 07-06-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Part of it is they make them so hard and you have to spend a ton of merits it's not worth the time or gil from merits in the slightest... if a normal group of people could beat them reasonably maybe but instead we get fights only 1 or 2 groups in the entire game have beaten for a purely cosmetic item
    (3)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It gives end game players something to do, and they're cool fights I like them. The lack of motivation to do them is in my opinion directly tied to the rewards. While they are amazing lockstyles, they are just lockstyles and only for sword using jobs. Unless rewards that you can use toward other in game goals are also included in the drops then I don't think it will gather traction quickly. (Things like linen's etc in enough quantity to justify the battle requirements).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    It gives end game players something to do, and they're cool fights I like them. The lack of motivation to do them is in my opinion directly tied to the rewards. While they are amazing lockstyles, they are just lockstyles and only for sword using jobs. Unless rewards that you can use toward other in game goals are also included in the drops then I don't think it will gather traction quickly. (Things like linen's etc in enough quantity to justify the battle requirements).
    Look how much effort went into them and how few people did them. More effort went into these master trials than ambuscade, lets see how many do each one and compare.

You say you like them, did you even attempt them?
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think super-difficult and exclusive content probably doesn't have a place in this game at this point. If the reward is very good weapons and/or gear then people are going to complain that they can't do it. If the reward is cosmetic or a title, people will complain that it's not worth doing. And that's not even getting into the mechanics of the fight itself, the job exclusivity of a 6-man fights, or the entry fee.

I don't think the devs can win, so they're probably better off spending their time developing content that a far wider range of players can partake in.
    (10)

I don't have my panties in a knot about this content cause I have lots to do if I feel like playing but I do think it is a rather curious thing to put dev time into considering how little is being added each month.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Couldn't agree more, seems to be a substantial portion of development effort, that almost nobody cares about, and even less both care about and have the capability to do. When something is taking 30% of your development and applies to 1% of your population, it's an issue :/
    (7)

Character
    Zaila
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I know for sure there are a lot more people who would be bothering to do these master trials if the rewards were worth it. It is a curious decision to make these lockstyle weapons the only reward for such demanding content. I mean, the swords are very cool-looking, but it's just not enough to motivate players to work at these fights.
    (1)

The cost alone isn't even worth it. I don't want to spend 500 merits to go learn how to do something.

Even if the rewards were good. I can't imagine what it would take to be so good to be worth the 7 rounds of merit farming that a single run takes.

And yeah, I don't have the inventory space for silly lockstyle weapons.
    (4)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    just make them something like 10 JP for entry item instead of 250 merits since we have nothing to spend excess JP on after we master a job anyway
    (3)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast