Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, I am done trying to beat sense into those who refuse to carry any.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If you're going to go full "that's the way it was and we liked it" then please make a better effort and maybe see the discussion through to the end. It's not cool to make a series of posts passionately arguing for the status quo and then bailing when it gets too tough for you.
    (2)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have sen the discussion through to the end. I have made all of my valid points and you refuse to see the sense in them. I haven't "bailed out," I can just see that you are argueing just to argue, which is senseless. I have reviewed the thread and failed to see where you have made any valid points at all. The only thing you have done is say, pretty much, that you don't like the ones I have given. Contribute to the effort to reach a solution or stop being part of the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Sadly, the post I made several days ago going point by point about all the issues in VW was deleted from the thread. Either someone reported it or the mods got it; either way it was there when you made your "Problem solved" post so I'm troubled that you didn't bother to read it while it was there. Wish you'd read through the thread earlier and not just now after my post got nuked.

Mods, can you please look into that? There's really no reason to have deleted it unless you just wanted to censor it.

I'll try to recreate it below.

-Voidstone recharge is abysmal. Generating a maximum of 2 stones a day is pathetic and worse than what a F2P game would give you.

-Voiddust doesn't work, it converts into voidstones which means you can't tap into your stockpile which renders the latest improvement moot. Farming voiddust yourself is not worth the effort either.

-Drop rates are bad, a PT of 6 doing Aello would get roughly 60 HMP in 18 runs. That's probably not a reasonable return for the effort but hey your mileage may vary.

-Adding VW drops to logins and Ambuscade did make the items more readily available but also diminished the need to do VW. I cited cinders and dross as an example since the supply of those is heavily dependent on Ambuscade because they have a very good gil/hallmark ratio. The Relic Armor upgrades have definitely taken a hit as well due to the increased supply and the fact that the gear is macro-only now.

-Even though procs and lights are what makes VW what it is, having to cap lights outside of VW campaign can be time-consuming, particularly for soloers. Even with reduced /fume time you can be stuck with a 5-minute fight which can really add up.

Basically the event is not worth doing. Even though it's nice that SE has added alternate methods of obtaining significant amounts of Empyrean upgrade items, that doesn't really help the event itself. Saying "don't bother doing it" does nothing to help the situation.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So voidstones don't work because you are too impatient to build up your stock. Voiddust doesn't work because you are too lazy to set your homepoint to a Jeuno exit and run back to the npc. Both of these are pointless, because you are too lazy to spam the mobs in the first place since the drop rate isn't high enough for you. Your point about adding drops to Ambuscade actually goes AGAINST your original point. Making the items more readily available HELPS your cause, as they are not only easier for you to get but could possible be less expensive to buy. Then back to laziness.... a 5-minute fight is too much for you to handle to build one of the best weapons in the game. I only say "don't bother doing it" if you feel the weapons are not worth your precious time. These weapons are not meant to be made overnight, in a week , or in a month. They take time. They take effort. They take dedication. Judging by your posts on this thread, I see that its possible for you to have all 3 when it comes to a subject you are passionate about. Are you that passionate about actually BUILDING your weapon, or just complaining about the effort it takes?
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I will grudgingly agree to one point that you and Diavalo have made. Perhaps the voidstone recharge time could be toned down a bit. It should have been with a Rhapsodies KI like the other events were. Perhaps every 4 hours so its possible for a returning player to do a round of 6 per day, plus however many more they feel like doing with voiddust. As for removing procs, which is one of the topics this thread was originally made about, thats removing a mechanic that makes VW what it is.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    So voidstones don't work because you are too impatient to build up your stock. Voiddust doesn't work because you are too lazy to set your homepoint to a Jeuno exit and run back to the npc. Both of these are pointless, because you are too lazy to spam the mobs in the first place since the drop rate isn't high enough for you. Your point about adding drops to Ambuscade actually goes AGAINST your original point. Making the items more readily available HELPS your cause, as they are not only easier for you to get but could possible be less expensive to buy. Then back to laziness.... a 5-minute fight is too much for you to handle to build one of the best weapons in the game. I only say "don't bother doing it" if you feel the weapons are not worth your precious time. These weapons are not meant to be made overnight, in a week , or in a month. They take time. They take effort. They take dedication. Judging by your posts on this thread, I see that its possible for you to have all 3 when it comes to a subject you are passionate about. Are you that passionate about actually BUILDING your weapon, or just complaining about the effort it takes?
    Maybe you're missing my point. I'm not trying to make Empyrean weapons easier (with multiple sources of HMP/Cinder/Dross, it's actually quite reasonable now). I made a Daurdabla back in the day and I recently AGed an Almace so I think I may already have a sense of what kind of time, effort, and dedication they require. Yes, even though you've called me lazy I'm actually quite familiar with the process. Familiar enough to see the flaws in the event and be critical about it, even though I'm probably not going to be making another Empyrean. In pointing out these flaws, I hope SE makes some adjustments someday even if I do not benefit directly.

Oh, and I'd like to address Voiddust. SE somewhat recently added a change where you could tap directly into your stock of Voidstones which adds convenience but means that every Voidstone you have in your possession can't be used at all until you speak to the NPC again. Since using Voiddust puts stones directly into your possession, they do not worth well with that adjustment at all. Not only that, Voiddust is unwieldy to use (you have to trade one at a time), not particularly easy farm, and definitely not worth farming (they are 7k on my server and sell very sporadically).

I will grudgingly agree to one point that you and Diavalo have made. Perhaps the voidstone recharge time could be toned down a bit. It should have been with a Rhapsodies KI like the other events were. Perhaps every 4 hours so its possible for a returning player to do a round of 6 per day, plus however many more they feel like doing with voiddust. As for removing procs, which is one of the topics this thread was originally made about, thats removing a mechanic that makes VW what it is.
    Grudgingly? It's okay to concede a point without being a curmudgeon about it. I've agreed that procs are what define VW but the fights have to be short in order to justify the low drop rates. The reality is that in its heyday, there were many reasons to do VW that are moot now. You could fill an ally just for a chance at glowing armor or weapons back then, not so now. Before you could find 18 people, of which maybe 1-2 were after Empyrean items. Now, even if you managed to find a handful of other like-minded individuals at most, but they are all after Empyrean items. That's why I think adjusting the drop rate without touching the mechanics is probably the most straightforward adjustment that can be made without destroying what makes the event unique.
    (2)

Player
    I find it rather ironic that they just made adjustments to inventory loading a few months ago in order to reduce load times when changing areas, and now are trying to sell us 160 more spots to increase our loading times :x
    I would personally be more interested in buying additional Mog HOUSE storage space instead of more wardrobes due to the loading issue and the fact that you can't carry non-equipment items in wardrobes.
    Price is also a bit high for what we are getting.. SE might think that it sounds like a lot, but wardrobes are limited to equipment-only item storage, so it's not very tempting at the moment to buy them. Perhaps tie in a discount if you have a token on the account? Or throw in a Storage2 for those who get both wardrobes so we can get full use out of all our awesome furniture? If the wardrobes were $1 each, it would feel more justifiable to a lot of us customers to increase our bill compared to the cost of 2-4 additional CHARACTERS.

About VW... In my opinion, the majority of complaints are rooted in the playtime bottleneck of the farming portion of Empyrean weapons when compared to Relics or Mythics. A player can choose to spam farm Dynamis or Salvage for a reasonable and predictable amount of progress per hour spent, but that is not the case with Empyrean weapons. The simplest solution would be to reduce the recharge time on stones so that Voidwatch is also reasonably spammable. I am a returned player who restarted from scratch on a brand new account last August, so I'm one of the many who simply had no stockpile available to use for HMP farming during events. I'm not going to ask for a change in the droprates since SE has already spoken on them, but increased availability for stones would be quite welcome regardless of whether it is made baseline or tied to a RoV KI. I say this as someone who is nearly at the stage where I will need HMPs myself. The fights/content are easy enough already, just let me have the option to spend each weekend farming VW without having to worry about running out of stones after only a few hours.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-12-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wardobes were made to address the problem of having way too much gear to support multiple jobs. Thats why they hold only gear and can be accessed from the field. I think the only fix they need is the fact that they arent working properly with macros, lol.
    (0)

Player
    Wardobes were made to address the problem of having way too much gear to support multiple jobs. Thats why they hold only gear and can be accessed from the field. I think the only fix they need is the fact that they arent working properly with macros, lol.
    I think I had the same issue when they released WR2. Moving stuff around and then back to the bags I wanted them in actually seemed to fix the problem IIRC. Perhaps some odd cache-type error where equip macros had to be reinitialized with the new bag names somewhere in the backend? :x
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3