Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Mog Wardrobe 3&4 feedback.

Nope.

I understand why the suits want to move in that direction (because it worked in XIV), but it's a really scummy move for XI. And if things keep moving this way, like it was when they decided to not unlock crafting caps because they didn't want people to cancel their crafting mules, I think I'll be done with the game sooner than expected.

But that's just my personal opinion. What does everyone else think?

PS > My one request for the devs though, is that once this "optional service" is implemented the Wardrobe 3&4 buttons do not appear in the UI if we do not have the service enabled. Or that at least the UI skips them if not in use. Because if I have to move around them when accessing my inventory it's going to get really annoying really fast.
    (40)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 06-30-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think I'll be paying a few more dollars a month to SE for the foreseeable future.
    (3)

Player
    I will not play their little game, they are already doing it on pretty much all of their other games. I always said to myself that if something like this happened in FFXI I would probably end up leaving.

We are already paying full subscription price for a game that cannot be developped anymore, there is no reason at all we should be paying a penny more for this game considering SE never made any effort to upgrade the game or give it the attention it deserved.
    Now I understand why all this augmenting system went completely out of hand, they probably already had this in mind.
    (20)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If paying for Wardrobe 3 + 4 makes my life easier, makes me able to play some other jobs without worrying about space, and eventually pays for a new expansion, I am all over it.
    (2)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    If paying for Wardrobe 3 + 4 makes my life easier, makes me able to play some other jobs without worrying about space, and eventually pays for a new expansion, I am all over it.
    Well the problem here is they said last year there wont be anymore expansions.
    I agree with the fact that we already pay full price for a what? 15 year old game. They have stated they have no intent to upgrade the UI, they cant make new content cause of the not available devkits. And now they want to milk it like this, its a slap in the face for the people who have supported this game for so long.
    (26)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    Well the problem here is they said last year there wont be anymore expansions.
    I agree with the fact that we already pay full price for a what? 15 year old game. They have stated they have no intent to upgrade the UI, they cant make new content cause of the not available devkits. And now they want to milk it like this, its a slap in the face for the people who have supported this game for so long.
    Pretty sure Abyssea was created as a "last hurrah" for the game and nothing more was supposed to come. And then we ended up with Seekers. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a new addon somewhere along the way.
    (5)

Character
    Leocon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I won't be paying an extra fee for storage when I'm already paying for as many mules as I do. At least with all my mules I have additional resources as well as extra storage. Quite frankly I find it a little insulting as a 12-year customer to have to pay a monthly fee for something as central to gameplay as gearing slots, and while I won't go so far as to quit because of this decision, I will say that Square Enix is quickly tarnishing their reputation with me. I've always said FFXI was my first and would be the only MMO I'll ever play, and decisions like this only reaffirm that thought. I won't be jumping to 14 or likely the brand new 11 if this is the situation I can expect for the future.

I'm sure there's all the business sense in the world to justify this decision for them, and it's completely understandable why a company would want to boost income if they can, but decisions like this really only leave a bad taste in my mouth and harm your reputation in my eyes.
    (20)

SE, Please do not do this.

FFXI is fairly unique in being able to play multiple jobs on one character which has always been something of an inventory crisis. You give us gear that we frequently need two pieces of, sometimes as much as 3 or 4 (JSE capes from Ambuscade being an example).

You're creating this crisis and you have the ability to alleviate for us. We don't want to pay more money for this.
    (26)

Player
    I just have to question why this has been brought to the end of FFXI's life. There's no new content planned. Items and jobs most people play are already set. I won't deny it will make my life easier to swap between jobs. I will be paying for this. I just hope this will help at least on enhancing the connection speed between client and server. I also hope, but most unlikely, this will help also make new content for FFXI. Everything has a cost, I just wonder if if's worth it a third of the subscription fee.
    (2)

Character
    Hanatori
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Posting this with my second account before I cancel it as well:
    I just canceled my account of 11 years.

I am not going to tolerate SE wanting to charge 30% of the monthly fee for a couple extra kilobytes of storage. I won't put up with SE giving themselves a financial incentive to avoid giving us ways of better managing our inventory (Storage Slips, combining similar items, etc). I won't abide trying to charge the playerbase extra instead of just fixing the underlying game engine so we don't have inventory loading problems in the first place.

Think about it, the more situational single-use pieces they add to the game, the more they encourage players to spend more money. How long until we see the return of (ilvl) Elemental Staves? Will the question of, "will this reduce our Wardrobe 3/4 subscriber count" be asked while considering whether or not to add something to a Storage Slip? When will they add single-job only earrings?

Rather than fix our inventory burdens with better design choices, they want to squeeze extra money from us while doing nothing more than expanding a data field. We should not be expected to be willing to pay an extra 30% to get around the game's technical/design problems. Players who like to play multiple well-geared jobs, of varying types, shouldn't be told that they'll need to pay more for the privilege of providing more utility to their linkshell.

This is outrageous. And it just cost SE a subscriber of 11 years.
    (35)

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast