Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortta View Post
    "We're currently looking into how to distribute the Ark Angel alter egos so stay tuned for updates!
    Thanks for your feedback concerning alter egos you'd like to see in the future and please keep them coming! "

Does this scare anybody else?
    If I have to start paying for Trust, I will just retire. I am already looking into that direction as it is anyway with what's going on.
    (11)

Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    If I have to start paying for Trust, I will just retire. I am already looking into that direction as it is anyway with what's going on.
    If that's all it takes for you to retire, you probably didn't care much for playing the game in the first place.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    If that's all it takes for you to retire, you probably didn't care much for playing the game in the first place.
    Given he's a relic, mythic and emp WAR, yeah I'm sure he doesn't like the game at all... lol

SE making this step toward a cash shop upsetting people shouldn't be a surprise to anyone expect perhaps SE's management team, evidently.
    (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Given he's a relic, mythic and emp WAR, yeah I'm sure he doesn't like the game at all... lol
    I hope he got said Relic back in 2004, Said mythic back in 2007 and said empyrean back in 2010, otherwise that doesn't...mean much in these days lol.

SE making this step toward a cash shop
    SE already has a cash shop.
    (2)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Disappointing to see that this has been released with zero communication with unhappy players. Entirely expected, but still somehow disappointing. I'm not sure why I hoped otherwise.

I'm really concerned. Judging by this thread there are going to be plenty of people that lap this up and pave the way for more "optional services". I love this game and have spent so much time here - I really hope that I'm not going to see that all wasted by an incoming tide of purchasable mounts, capacity points and lockstyle options. I'm not sure I'll be able to stick with XI if that happens.

If money for development/maintenance is a genuine issue, if SE were honest about it and gave us promises for where our money would go, and give a glimpse at the improved service we might see, then I would be opting into this scheme. Considering, however, the massive reduction in development we're currently experiencing, I can't imagine any of this money will be re-invested.

Wonder how long it'll be before people without extra wardrobes start to struggle in-game compared to those with the extra 160 equippable spaces? It's never going to stop being a huge thing.
    (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    If [paying for trusts is] all it takes for you to retire, you probably didn't care much for playing the game in the first place.
    So you wouldn't mind paying for trusts?
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Wonder how long it'll be before people without extra wardrobes start to struggle in-game compared to those with the extra 160 equippable spaces? It's never going to stop being a huge thing.
    Just as long as it took for people returning to the game from pre ilvl progression days or joining today. Unless you're an already established player, you will not be able to do current content for an extremely long time and thus already struggling to catch up. You can level to 99 in no time flat, but good luck with your gear progression.

That is when you should start wondering about optional services, not because of literally an optional 160 inventory space that most players don't even need currently unless you're in that EXTREME minority that has everything mastered and just absolutely hoard gear.

If money for development/maintenance is a genuine issue, if SE were honest about it
    SE is not your friend - they're a business, if they see money to be made, they'll do it. If you want to blame anyone though, blame the XIV players that literally beg SE to charge them microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    So you wouldn't mind paying for trusts?
    I bet a lot of people would pay for trusts they missed or can no longer get, especially some that drop from content almost no one does anymore let alone will want to do due to not rewarding anything useful to their current progression. It's similar to the UC trusts that come and go based on rankings. Even more likely people would pay for it if it was a one time cost.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

I'd pay for lots of things if I wanted them. I already pay over $60 a month on ffxi, I didn't get this expansion because I simply have no use for it. Same as most of the complainers, this game throws inventory space at you.

If they are looking to make this game more profitable I'm all for that because in reality, that shows that they have no intention of shutting it down anytime soon. I would be more worried if they weren't doing that infact.
    (0)

Eh, I honestly don't mean any offense towards you but this willingness of people to pay for more and more features is appalling to me.

In my view, I pay the subscription, that entitles me to the features within. I'm scared of a game where the company can slap a for-rent sticker on any feature they choose.
    (10)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    ...optional 160 inventory space that most players don't even need currently...
    I'm baffled by how many people are ignoring the importance of inventory (equippable inventory too!) Inventory is the platform upon which the vast majority of the game's entire progression system is planted. Yes, there's a large amount of space available to us, and a lot of people don't need it all (yet). There are also 22 jobs and an insane amount of situational pieces of gear. SE now has even more of an economic motivation to spam us with sidegrades, not to mention identical but augmentable items that we can only use through wardrobes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    SE is not your friend - they're a business, if they see money to be made, they'll do it.
    This is why I don't trust them with this sort of nonsense. Once they know people will pay for stuff like this, the content I used to pay for with my subscription will suddenly become "optional".
    (9)

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast