Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Just a bunch of overreacting until the next time there's just a bunch of overreacting. Zzz. Welcome to online gaming forums!
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Out of curiousity, which other games offer similar "services" at "ridiculously" higher prices?
    To go with this I'd also like to know which games do that and still have a subscription. Not only that but maintain full sub fees while significantly reducing staff and content. Like if the game was f2p and you could pay for stuff that was neet but wasn't needed I think there would be a lot less outrage
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    To go with this I'd also like to know which games do that and still have a subscription. Not only that but maintain full sub fees while significantly reducing staff and content. Like if the game was f2p and you could pay for stuff that was neet but wasn't needed I think there would be a lot less outrage
    Spoiler alert, there isn't one, simply put nobody has a sub fee and still has something like this, heck for most games, extra space is a one time fee, which is more palatable to almost everyone (me included) also, almost all the ones that I can think of that sell space are free to play in the first place which is a different discussion altogether.
    (5)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It all began with a mog wardobe 3 & 4 microtransaction...

So the legend says...
    (7)

Character
    Deltara
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    It all began with a mog wardobe 3 & 4 microtransaction...

So the legend says...
    They can stick it up their gates of paradise.
    (4)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Someone is angry at the world...
    I especially liked the "no valid arguments" part.

BTW like I said, our dislike for this was ignored and it's already part of the game. They are never going to take it away now if just one person pays money, which you know one or more already did.
    (6)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    To go with this I'd also like to know which games do that and still have a subscription.
    Oh dear, I guess no one has heard of World of Warcraft then? Heck, they went full crazy and allowed you to buy your way to level 100 as well! Oh, and the subscription is still comparable to FFXI. But, I guess it doesn't count if it offers a counterpoint to your arguments...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    Oh dear, I guess no one has heard of World of Warcraft then? Heck, they went full crazy and allowed you to buy your way to level 100 as well! Oh, and the subscription is still comparable to FFXI. But, I guess it doesn't count if it offers a counterpoint to your arguments...
    BRRRT Not true: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow

Not the level 100 part, the buying extra inventory space with RL dollars part.

In fact, their entire cash shop is as follows:

12 Pets, 10 Mounts, 3 Visual Effect only Helms, Appearance Change, Character Transfer, Faction Change, Guild Rename, Guild Faction Change, Name Change, Race Change, Lv100 Boost (The only one I'd take offense at.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 07-07-2016 at 04:02 PM.

I wonder what will be next, optional fee-based equipsets.?
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Deede View Post
    I wonder what will be next, optional fee-based equipsets.?
    Who would buy that?

Things I would be ok with are:
    Cosmetics (NEW ONES) Why don't they already do this? Cosmetics are a huge money maker and to a lot of players more important to their enjoyment of the game than actual stat items.
    Cosmetics (out of holiday seasonal ones)
    Echad / trizek ring buying them when they aren't available for free.
    CP boosters (I and a lot of other people who have less time to grind and less than stellar gear would buy these, it would also stop people being forced to bot CP)
    Trusts (only if there is also a way to get them ingame and only certain ones)
    Race change (i don't care if the old race stats can't be changed, it's cosmetic most people care about) / face change / name change
    Mounts!

Take my money!
    (0)
    Last edited by Castanica; 07-07-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast