Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

NEW Trust Position Macro Commands Needed Badly.

It's been a while since I've posted, but after returning to the land of FFXI, I have a request to better control my beloved Trust npcs.
    ----------------------

(View Larger)

These are pretty self explanatory in their function and would make a world of difference in battles where our trust can assist us. There are few things more infuriating than a squishy support or healing trust hovering next to you during a nasty AOE spell or attack that can easily wipe them off the map. Without further ado, here's my suggestions to get the ball rolling in the right direction:
    The /formation [subcommand]
    -------------------

(View Larger)

If you have other suggestions to add, feel free, but I think these would be an excellent place to start. Thanks for listening.
    Kingfury
    (12)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-29-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Don't think most of these are possible/too much work for SE to code. That's why SE has given us so many trusts, a lot have varying AI's to deal with certain situations. Being able to control your trusts distance from mob would be great though.
    (1)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    welcome back Kingfury and those snazzy sigs you design... hmm, can I commission a Snazzy puppetmaster or SMN one? :P
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Welcome back, King. Love the idea.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Don't think most of these are possible/too much work for SE to code. That's why SE has given us so many trusts, a lot have varying AI's to deal with certain situations. Being able to control your trusts distance from mob would be great though.
    -----------------------
    Thanks man, and trust me when I say, I've heard that before on many a topic over the years lol. It never hurts to just throw it out there seeing as they already have introduced Apururu with similar coding not too long ago. Based on his behavior, the Devs technically have this functionality in the game already, they would just need to apply player control that would lend the same code to any trust we call out.
    Looking at what Apururu can do: Once summoned, he follows in close proximity (default), but once battle starts he retreats to the casting perimeter until the monster is defeated (/formation away). The other stuff like prioritizing support and bringing melee to the front lines could be pretty simple to apply if done with care. Here's to crossing fingers
    (1)

At the very least it would be nice to have a Trust tank that points the enemy AWAY from the rest of the party!
    (3)

Pretty good ideas, and I don't think this would be difficult to implement at all. But the dev team has proven to be very unwilling to add anything that would help casual/solo players. I guess most of the players are in linkshells and parties while casual/solo players are a small minority and not worth the effort.

It still sucks though, because the game could still be enjoyable for a long time if they added options like this.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Uh, trusts themselves help casual/solo players.

* I do think that, like Seiowan said, there should be some method of being able to use a tank and melee-range trust at the same time without them all stacking with the tank. It's very very difficult to do.

* I think some of these strategies go too far but yeah, but would like to see the ability to send all mage trusts to the backline or bring them to the frontline. Sometimes I want to use Apururu but need to use Mihli because I need trusts that will stay in bubbles.

* A /nows command would be nice. Zeid has screwed up more skillchains than I can count.

We have /partyinfo showtp to see party member's TP, but this doesn't work for trusts: why?

But KF deserves credit for the effort put into the design of the post, for certain.
    (3)

Player
    Amazing idea, amazing art.

Thumbs up. (´・ω・)b
    (1)

10. 07-01-2016 12:27 AM

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    At the very least it would be nice to have a Trust tank that points the enemy AWAY from the rest of the party!
    ------------------
    As a WAR, trying to reposition a party with trust while using a tank trust is just about impossible. The support Trust stop in place the moment you land an attack, and the tank wants to hold the monster right where you hit it lol. Painfully still, the trust don't follow you anymore once the tank has hate and they all form a nice (suicidal) single file line behind the tank (>.<) Needless to say, yes I'd take whatever I can get lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast